Los Angeles weekly tournaments

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard times in bellflower has a weekly Sunday 9 ball tournament at 1 pm. $20 entry. First Sunday of each month is $30 entry. They also have handicapped Thursday night tournaments starting at 8 pm. Don’t remember entry fee for Thursday

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like Edgie's is missing too, don't they have weekly tournaments?
They used to have USPPA tournaments but those have gone away. It may be that OTBN only lists rooms that take out at least a small ad.

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
I haven't been on the tournament scene for the last few years, but I do occasionally play at the Cue Ball Sunday weekly handicapped tournament located in Alhambra (just south of Pasadena). Good room with old school Diamonds from the Pro Tour. $12 or $13 entry double elim, played a lot like the Hard Times tournaments.

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Not tournaments, but one can usually find some affordable one pocket action at House of Billiards in Santa Monica

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are willing to drive up the coast a bit, Stiix Billiards in Ventura has a tourney on the first Sunday of the month. They rotate between 9/10 ball, and I think the Sun Jan 7 tourney is 9-ball. 9-ft tables (Diamond / GC mix), handicapped.
2520 E. Main St., Ventura
805-641-2020
https://www.facebook.com/StiixBilliards/

BooRadley

Registered
Stiix Billiards in Ventura is cool, great area for pool, but if your coming from LA Buteras Billiards in Moorpark is closer and has great diamond tables. The do a 9 ball tournament every tuesday, and they did have a one pocket tournament organized out of there. There is also Billiards Plaza in Simi Im not a regular so i don't know the schedule but they do run open tournaments out of there, usually APA tournament rules (call pocket)