Meucci MO11

pooldawg64

Registered
Guys n Gals,
Found a treasure the other day! A Meucci from the first catalog!! It has the brass joint pin and the "pill" style rubber bumper. I can ID it as an MO-11. What would this cue be worth? Tried to take some pictures, to gloat, I mean to get info from all you experts. Some of the "beauti" rings are cracked and its been used! The gold picture is pristine! Cant seem to load pictures, any of you "experts" give me a hand??

pooldawg64

Registered
yes rolls flat and only one shaft, not sure I want to sale this one! In the brochure from Budget has it as ebony forearm, this is more like coco-bola or king wood????

QClub

Banned
You said the rings were cracked. Which rings? Is it the one right above the gold lady or on the joint?

pooldawg64

Registered
rings are cracked at, above butt plate and below "picture" and hairline on the shaft. I would LOVE to post pictures just cant figure out how! Try to upload attachments but always "fails"

pooldawg64

Registered
lets see if this works....

Attachments

• crack@joint.jpg
    crack@joint.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,079
  • cracked ring.jpg
    cracked ring.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,158
  • forearm.jpg
    forearm.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 988

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:eek:

OMG...this is about the best Meucci and (rarest beside the roadrunner) there is!!!!!!

I don't want to put a price on it...too many experts here...LOL!:sorry:

pooldawg64

Registered
Frankly, I don't care how "bad" it looks, which actually is not that bad, this is a first catalog Meucci from 1975! in original condition! Brass pin, rubber pill style bumper, different wood construction from what was "mass" produced, an original shaft! I nearly urinated on myself when dude pulled it out of a Wallyworld special cue case and said 125.00 plus tax! Had alot of trouble keeping my hand from shaking as I timidly handed him my debit card, heck I didn't even TRY to bargain with him! Now this is no Szamboti, Balabushka insert what ever idolized cue maker you want, but, it is a pretty rare find! Granted, I'd rate overall around 75% and there is nothing on this cue that can't be fixed "expertly" for less than 250.00 or so bucks (I'd be willing to pay a little bit more...). Somebody out there, please get me "Erwins" info. I know Russ Espiritu personally, just haven't run into him recently....

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
Mo-11

You have found a nice cue, any good cue repair guy can repair the ring work, but the sleeve cant be repaired, the sleve has started to seperate. I had a few of his cues with the same sleeve issue, and they couldnt be repaired. IF you try to have it restored you will always be able to see the imperfections in the sleeve.
If it was mine I would have the shaft work fixed and use it as a player
or leave it untouched JMO
Great find
Terry Bajorek
PS the pic im speaking about is the one with the cracked ring work on the buttsleeve and the imperfections above the ringwork

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Send Pictures to Mike Erwin and see if it can be repaired. If he say's yes then do it. This is as rare as any meucci. Im guessing this cue is pre catalog / pre start-up of operations 1973-1974. No matter what it's a keeper. I will send a PM with what I think it's worth.

QClub

Banned
Pictures were already sent to Darren at Meucci and he said the sleeve cannot be repaired. Therefore it has no collectors value at all. Mike Erwin would not be able to repair this cue either. Mike would have to get parts from Meucci to do any of the other repairs, but nobody can fix the sleeve on this cue.