Dinner with Efren

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tonight I had the pleasure of spending 3 hours enjoying dinner and some lively banter with a VERY humble Efren Reyes. The pool Gods have been very kind to me lately. April looks like a fun month as it looks like he will be coming here to play some one pocket with a friend of mine and I will get to break in my new Mezz and lose a few races with him in 8 ball.

Efren_zpsawzp34ma.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a tape, Grady said Efren was great to take on the road because he like to eat rice and hot dogs.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Looks yummy. I am lying!

Hell, b'wak...I am part Japanese...part Puerto Rican...and I would likely have a hard time choking that brown mess down!
Pork-Dinuguan.mp4_snapshot_03.38_2013.03.12_21.07.25.jpg

That's just a poor photo of this type of food, this is a better example, see the diff?:thumbup:

Attachments

• Dinuguan in Iloilo - Biscocho Haus.jpg
    Dinuguan in Iloilo - Biscocho Haus.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 719

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just a poor photo of this type of food, this is a better example, see the diff?:thumbup:

There is a spoon in the second one?

They both look like something floating in tar or mud.

What's in the sauce? And what are the floating bits. Reminds me a bit of stew which I guess that must be.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
That's pretty awesome!
Maybe it's the hair, but doesn't Efren look about 10 years younger in the photo?

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that florencio banar in the middle? Congrats on your new cue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that florencio banar in the middle? Congrats on your new cue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why yes it is Florencio. We picked him and his wife up at his pool hall in Olongapo and brought them to Angeles to meet Efren and enjoy dinner with us. He is president of the Olongapo pool association I think.

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has put on some weight Lol! first time I met him was in '98. He was still part of the Philippine team that time. I doubt he remembers me but its good to see him still active in the pool scene

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Exotic comfort food for Efren

Looks yummy. I am lying!

Hell, b'wak...I am part Japanese...part Puerto Rican...and I would likely have a hard time choking that brown mess down!
Pork-Dinuguan.mp4_snapshot_03.38_2013.03.12_21.07.25.jpg

Look Bballed, you gotta have an acquired taste for those exotic comfort food! Nowadays people flock to get some "pho" from the Viets places. You gotta admit they taste great!!

I bet ya you'll love eating "dinuguan" after a few tries!:thumbup::p

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Hahahaha!

I just looked up "dinuguan". Efren would probably like some red boudin. IN Louisiana, they are no longer allowed to sell it over the counter and you must go underground to get some. :grin:

JoeyA

Look Bballed, you gotta have an acquired taste for those exotic comfort food! Nowadays people flock to get some "pho" from the Viets places. You gotta admit they taste great!!

I bet ya you'll love eating "dinuguan" after a few tries!:thumbup::p