New Balls

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
How often do you guys buy new sets? I'm going on 5 years with my Super Aramith Pros. Just wondering when you guys usually upgrade.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy a new set often...

49473819962_4f8d8dec9a_c.jpg

Reactions: bbb

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How often do you guys buy new sets? I'm going on 5 years with my Super Aramith Pros. Just wondering when you guys usually upgrade.
Kind of like pool cues. One (set) is all you need, if you take care of it (them), although having options and variety is always nice. I think it’s more important to have numerous cue balls than sets of balls, as the cue balls tend to show wear much quicker.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I bought a Chinese Set from Sterling Gaming, cheap, and rolled just fine. Cheap, but we're not the high price brand.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Depends on how many miles are on them (how often you play) The condition of the tables you play on (how often they're cleaned) How often the balls are cleaned and polished.

With my 3C balls I kinda have a spec where if they're .5mm or so under sized, its time for retirement.

Go to Harbor Freight or Amazon and purchase a digital caliper. About $12-$15 and measure them.

If they're still in spec but you don't like how they play, its likely they just need a good cleaning and polishing. Use both Aramith Restorer then the Cleaner.

BTW the CB will need to be renewed more often. It will wear faster since its the most used ball.

Last edited:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
My set of Centennials are about 20 years old. They are cleaned very regular and I use a new measle ball. Not about to spend $500 to replace them.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bought a set of aramith premiums in 2015. in 2019 I decided to upgrade to the cyclop zeus. I also bought a second cyclop cue ball for the aramith ball case.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They will literally last a life time as long as you don’t smash them on concrete or something.. lol

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Been using my Aramith Super Pros going on 12 years now. Want to get a new set but I need to hide some exposed nail heads in my pockets that scratch the balls on occasion. Doesn't affect playability, just dont want to get a new set and get a couple scatches day 1.

This is the most recent thread related to this subject matter I could find. I am in the process of purchasing a table and assembling the additional items (balls, sticks, etc.). I have been watching for the Aramith Super Pros and they are typically around $275.

I know we all want to support the shops, etc. verses the big retailers, but if you are looking, Wayfair is currently running a sale for $210.

I thought it was a good deal.