Road Trip

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Counter Clockwise Road Trip
CO/TX/LA/MS/FL/SC/NC/RI/MA/OH/IL/WI/MN/Calgary/WA/San Diego/AZ/CO
Any recommendations on which rooms I should NOT miss?

Now if Fran would offer me the couch in NY, I'd accommodate.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Good Luck and stay safe on your road trip. You have no idea how I wish it was me going. Johnnyt

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you haven't been there, make sure to swing over to Fargo, ND to check out Fargo Billiards and Gastropub! It's a very nice room!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Chandleys Chalk and Cue Statesville NC

Bill,
A new room just off I-77 and 40 in Statesville NC.

Hwy 115 Old Wilkesboro Highway. Huge room, good food, great tables all new Diamonds. Let me know when you are coming through. Great place to play from 10am until whenever. Hotels close by. Senior rates.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you come to New Orleans you got action.

Texas really sucks for pool rooms if you like 9' tables. The smoking will kill you. Bogies and Big Tyme are the best rooms in Houston. Dallas is the worst big city for pool.

You know there a few players in FL that will welcome you.

Skip San Diego unless you like the beach. LA area Hard Times, Santa Monica, and a few more.

IL, can't beat Chris's or Red Shoes.

WA. Golden Fleece

AZ. Kolby's and Bullshooters

Last edited:

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you are in MN, stop by Shooters in Burnsville and we can play some. I had the pleasure of meeting jtompilot there last night.

Island Drive

Silver Member
I would skip fl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I'd agree....but:

If it wasn't for so many of my old fart friends that are now well off :), they are beggin' me to come visit and stay in S. FL, I must accommodate. Philly, I'll see how it plays out. I appreciate all your help guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing Rockys reboot of his room in Springhill FL, and that new HUGE room in the Carolinas. Might have to hit Romines in Milwaukee.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RI would be Snookers for sure, MA, aside from The Billiards Cafe in Ayer (Tuesday tournament at 7, Sunday there is a junior league at 2:30 if you are interested checking out some of the younger players, a few of which finished high in tournaments and have gone to Worlds in China), and Amazin Billiards is worth a visit.

Did you schedule things already? Send me a PM when you are going to be in MA.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

If it wasn't for so many of my old fart friends that are now well off :), they are beggin' me to come visit and stay in S. FL, I must accommodate. Philly, I'll see how it plays out. I appreciate all your help guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing Rockys reboot of his room in Springhill FL, and that new HUGE room in the Carolinas. Might have to hit Romines in Milwaukee.

This sounds like fun Bill. Be careful while on the road and return with some stories:cool:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yea Rocky's place. Zingales in Tallahassee Strokers in Palm Harbor
All have great owners. Give me a heads up if you go to Strokers.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) why skip Georgia and Alabama? Birmingham...hit up Bumpers and Poppa Gs. Atlanta, you simply have to go to Mr. Cues 2. I love playing there. 2) I totally agree about Snookers in Rhode Island. Great place!

Island Drive

Silver Member
1) why skip Georgia and Alabama? Birmingham...hit up Bumpers and Poppa Gs. Atlanta, you simply have to go to Mr. Cues 2. I love playing there. 2) I totally agree about Snookers in Rhode Island. Great place!

Depends on the route...no doubling back, will get together with J. Tucker when in RI, does he play there? Then on to Portland, gotta friend who builds boats in his home, he acquired a Button factory bldg., from back in the day when Abalone/shells were plentiful.
Again guyz thx. This trip is not just a gambling trip, but that will take place here and there for sure, and I'm sure I'll see many ''old hats'' tho were thinnin' out.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Yea Rocky's place. Zingales in Tallahassee Strokers in Palm Harbor
All have great owners. Give me a heads up if you go to Strokers.

Been to those places, back when I lived there in 05-06. I worked the service drive at Tampa Hondaland. Before that worked shops for 17 years, this place phucked ya right outta the gate. Was like being an APA 5 and being left at Rocky's and the only way you would eat is if you made a score and you were left TOTALLY ''on your own''. Basically after a year there, I had ENOUGH of the NE Jersey/NY retired ''attitude" to last me a lifetime, but I'd of loved to of been born there. Tho the poolrooms are poolrooms, and will always be. The were the normalcy I felt in FL, other that two lifelong friends living there.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might wanna stop in and check out Top Hat in Maryland, being as it seems you will be 10 mins from it while passing thru.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trip

Does not look like Northern CA is on your agenda. Would like to see you again. Frank the Barber is still in SoCal. We were both at the Super Seniors Classic in Houston a few weeks ago.

If you do make it up north, California Billiards reopened in Fremont and is one of the nicest rooms on the West Coast.

Have a great trip.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Does not look like Northern CA is on your agenda. Would like to see you again. Frank the Barber is still in SoCal. We were both at the Super Seniors Classic in Houston a few weeks ago.

If you do make it up north, California Billiards reopened in Fremont and is one of the nicest rooms on the West Coast.

Have a great trip.

Thx for the hospitality....I planned my trip counter clockwise, so that I'd not miss any straight in's by the time I reached the Pacific coast ;).

I'm gonna attend the SSI or is it SSII event, for the youngsters :), and I might come thru Lakeport then south. So it's very probable I'll get to see that infamous, Hendy smile, I just frikkin' hope your not STILL ''pushing up those glasses'' after every shot....:killingme:. Since I'm going to have new inlaws on the W. Coast, I'll be coming that way more than I expected from now on, wedding in Laguna this year.

Last edited: