BCAPL Nationals Moving To March!!!

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow this is awesome news!!! Starting in 2020 the BCAPL Nationals will abandon their sizzling July dates and move to mid-March. After that the dates will fluctuate sightly between late February and early April. March is my favorite month to be in Vegas! So happy that CSI has made this change. I'm sure all of my players will be thrilled as well.

No change of venue...CSI is staying at the Rio.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow this is awesome news!!! Starting in 2020 the BCAPL Nationals will abandon their sizzling July dates and move to mid-March. After that the dates will fluctuate sightly between late February and early April. March is my favorite month to be in Vegas! So happy that CSI has made this change. I'm sure all of my players will be thrilled as well.

This means all of the players still in school won't be able to go as easily. My local USAPL league has a dozen or more kids that play that are in highschool and more that are in college. Before it was just during summer vacation.

rtrdriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear. I hate it in Vegas in July. I hope your info. is correct.

In 2013, the played got suspended due to thunderstorms with heavy rain and lighting. Power went out at the Rio and it took them a while to get the air conditioning up and running again. Hopefully there isn''t that kind of severe weather in the spring.

Last edited:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it doesn’t ever conflict with the expo which is probably the biggest n best bar table tournament in the world also run usually late March-April

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
still sucks

ACS and the Texas BCAPL tournament are all around this time... While the dates themselves may not conflict, getting time off work and away from the family that close together is problematic. I wish they would have just left it in May like it was when it was at the Riviera...

Hope it doesn’t ever conflict with the expo which is probably the biggest n best bar table tournament in the world also run usually late March-April

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Until this is publicly announced by Mark Griffin and/or CSI, this is strictly rumor.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

This actually makes sense. Mr G moved the US Open Banks and One Pocket to March at Griff's so keeping the dates together is a simple solution.

Lyn

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is fantastic news! I think this is going to be very very popular!

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ACS and the Texas BCAPL tournament are all around this time... While the dates themselves may not conflict, getting time off work and away from the family that close together is problematic. I wish they would have just left it in May like it was when it was at the Riviera...

Western BCA regional's are also in March. 2600+ entries (over all events) this year.

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonehead move, unless they're trying to kill off other tournaments (or maybe kill off theirs). There are a lot of other tournaments around this time so now people will have to choose.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sbapoolleague...My apologies...I stand corrected. :sorry: Certainly beats the heat in July in Vegas. It will be interesting to see how much it affects other tournaments around the country, in the same time frame.

SBE was moved to April several years ago, partly to not conflict with other tournaments, but I think also, in preparation to expand the show to four days...which they have successfully done. Now if they could just come up with a better facility to hold it in. The current one is just a bigbox warehouse, with a tiny bit of carpeting, and a few curtains! LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Yes this info was sent to me (and all LOs) in a letter from CSI. They did not say not to share it. So I shared it. I'm excited. I hate the extreme heat.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They needed to do something considering the apparent drop-off in participation the last couple of years. I personally know a lot of players that did not like the July dates due to the heat in Vegas at that time.

However, I imagine that there will be a quite a few players (myself included) that will have difficulty with March, due to us having school age kids. Spring break usually occurs in March-April. The close proximity of the tournament to spring break will likely cause some schedule conflicts with family time off and vacation scheduling at work.

I liked it when they moved to the July dates, because we could have the kids stay/visit out of town family members, allowing me and my wife to go to Vegas for a few days and play some pool & have a mini vacation. With a March date, that will go out the window for us.

On the bright side, I just saved myself plane tickets out to Vegas, 5 nights at the Rio, multiple entry fees to the tournament, gambling losses..etc. etc. Think I will go commission a new cue for next year...

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Believe it was the year after Mark Griffin and company took over the BCAPL from the BCA I offered a suggestion to them. There were way too many players attending Nationals who never played in a BCA league. They were "player members". They paid their $25 or so and played. Their reaction to my suggestion {and probably many others} at first was forcing those members to play in the Masters division instead of the Open. Then later creating the Members division.

Last year I played in the Senior Platinum division. Think it was my 25th visit to Nationals. Had a great time. This year I did not to play in our local league again. My choice. Thought I could qualify out of the LV Cue Club as I usually do. No league last fall/winter!!! Thought I could go to Vegas as a CSI member and play again because everything is now FargoRate based. Surprise, surprise. No more. Oh well, there go a few hundred more entries to an event already slipping backwards.

If CSI was really creative and listened to their members, I'm sure we would have suggested "CSI Player Member" divisions for all of us who are now barred. As Fargo is so accurate, they could have had CSI Silver, Gold and Platinum events. I'd have played and I'm sure I would not have been alone. JMHO.

Lyn

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe it was the year after Mark Griffin and company took over the BCAPL from the BCA I offered a suggestion to them. There were way too many players attending Nationals who never played in a BCA league. They were "player members". They paid their $25 or so and played. Their reaction to my suggestion {and probably many others} at first was forcing those members to play in the Masters division instead of the Open. Then later creating the Members division.

Last year I played in the Senior Platinum division. Think it was my 25th visit to Nationals. Had a great time. This year I did not to play in our local league again. My choice. Thought I could qualify out of the LV Cue Club as I usually do. No league last fall/winter!!! Thought I could go to Vegas as a CSI member and play again because everything is now FargoRate based. Surprise, surprise. No more. Oh well, there go a few hundred more entries to an event already slipping backwards.

If CSI was really creative and listened to their members, I'm sure we would have suggested "CSI Player Member" divisions for all of us who are now barred. As Fargo is so accurate, they could have had CSI Silver, Gold and Platinum events. I'd have played and I'm sure I would not have been alone. JMHO.

Lyn

Take away the incentive to join a league and you hurt the league. I have always opposed the inclusion of player members in league events and I was happy when CSI imposed the restriction. The addition of a silver team event is a huge improvement as well.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
It's funny because Vegas at Riviera was always in May..Then Mark changed it to July because he said,"people were complaining that they still had kids in school and graduation" and he changed the date to July...Now he says people are complaining about the heat so he changed it again back to May......?????

I personally don't care because any Month is OK for me.....And yes, adding a silver division for teams was a great move....