SBE Amateur -- who are peoples favorites?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Corey Eulas put the smackdown on me and knocked me out of the money rounds. Very good player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish in the top few.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max S always has a legit shot, if he's wanting to play

Known Max for 20+ years now and he and I came up in the same pool room. It's ALWAYS extremely hard to bet against him regardless. He now works full time and then some so that for sure is different than playing for a living every day and always going on the road etc. However; imo, on any given day he still could take down ANYONE. Aso far as Brett, he's a real real cool good dude that for sure can play his ass off but not at Max's level imo. He too could take down anyone on a given day though. Tony has always played great but it seems the last couple years his game has taken a jump and passed some sort of plateau. He too is another that could beat anyone on any given day. Of those three, I'd have to take Max every time. P.entry of competition at SBE for sure, but I doubt they have the gambling experience like Tony and especially Max and to many of us that's as important as anything else. Good luck to my Bmore Boyz!!!!!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this Tony Long from Baltimore? My friend played him today and lost. Tell me more.

Monster player flys a little under the radar because he doesn't play a lot of tournaments however the place he plays at now has Diamond bar boxes also knocked off Josh Bothers off in a big set 8 ahead 10 ball month ago or so

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Known Max for 20+ years now and he and I came up in the same pool room. It's ALWAYS extremely hard to bet against him regardless. He now works full time and then some so that for sure is different than playing for a living every day and always going on the road etc. However; imo, on any given day he still could take down ANYONE. Aso far as Brett, he's a real real cool good dude that for sure can play his ass off but not at Max's level imo. He too could take down anyone on a given day though. Tony has always played great but it seems the last couple years his game has taken a jump and passed some sort of plateau. He too is another that could beat anyone on any given day. Of those three, I'd have to take Max every time. P.entry of competition at SBE for sure, but I doubt they have the gambling experience like Tony and especially Max and to many of us that's as important as anything else. Good luck to my Bmore Boyz!!!!!

Maybe Max beats Brett in a big cash game on a Diamond bar box , But Brett is a much better player on them in tournament play

PoolRookie

Minnesota
Silver Member
I like Kevin West in this format. Smart and composed.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cody Myers is in last 64 also

Cody is a very solid player. Finished final 16 in the shooters tournament in Kansas
If I'm not mistaken. I've played him twice this year in tournaments which I won both
times but it's not a cake walk that's for sure.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cody is a very solid player. Finished final 16 in the shooters tournament in Kansas
If I'm not mistaken. I've played him twice this year in tournaments which I won both
times but it's not a cake walk that's for sure.

Yea this dude Casper from Finland is probably the favorite especially after roasting Wilkie 11-1 on the big table getting the 8 but clearly he didn’t need it. I’m assuming he’s casper m. From Finland on Fargo n with a 737 rate mike page prolly likes him to win. This goes to show that if Fargo was used globally n effectively an established player should never be able to sneak in again. However at this point I think Allen should stay course n if anything shut out less or don’t shut anyone out. There’s literally tons of monster players already and if you can constantly get over 1000 pool players in one event then don’t change a thing. To me tho who cares if this guy is allowed in or that guy because no matter what there will always be monsters so if it’s not hurting entry numbers then who cares. Just my opinion tho n my main point is the super billiards expo is the best tournament in the world and on top of that it’s an even better “gathering” of pool players from all over n 99.9 % of the time people are super nice and friendly and again to a huge pool nerd like myself the expo is the best time of the year

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea this dude Casper from Finland is probably the favorite especially after roasting Wilkie 11-1 on the big table getting the 8 but clearly he didn’t need it. I’m assuming he’s casper m. From Finland on Fargo n with a 737 rate mike page prolly likes him to win. This goes to show that if Fargo was used globally n effectively an established player should never be able to sneak in again. However at this point I think Allen should stay course n if anything shut out less or don’t shut anyone out. There’s literally tons of monster players already and if you can constantly get over 1000 pool players in one event then don’t change a thing. To me tho who cares if this guy is allowed in or that guy because no matter what there will always be monsters so if it’s not hurting entry numbers then who cares. Just my opinion tho n my main point is the super billiards expo is the best tournament in the world and on top of that it’s an even better “gathering” of pool players from all over n 99.9 % of the time people are super nice and friendly and again to a huge pool nerd like myself the expo is the best time of the year

Yes, Casper is quite a player.

In the US Open last Fall he played Ralf Souquet, Justin Bergman, and Jung Lin Chang... The combined score for those 3 matches was 28 to 30...

Good showing in Texas Open and many Eurotour events as well.