Help picking a cue

The longer this thread goes on, the farther from a single cue we get.

In my reading of the OP, my takeaway was same as quoted above- you tried and liked the diveney. Given no further and approaching the matter from the perspective that you are looking for a cue to play with, diveney seem like the sensible choice.

Yes, I have a few diveneys. Yes, they play very well.

They hit, and feel amazing, in my experience. Really can't imagine a sweeter hitting cue.

Push

Registered
I worked the pool room at the University of Delaware. We had Jimmy Caras do an exhibition so I asked him about the cue making a difference. He pulled a one piece beat up house cue off the rack and started firing balls into the pockets-that was his answer to buying an expensive cue!

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem I have going Diveney is that his site says they currently aren't taking custom orders.

My current idea is just to wait on having a custom Tascarella made.

I'm considering that or maybe a Bob Owen.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The only problem I have going Diveney is that his site says they currently aren't taking custom orders.

Bob Owen is good at what he does, his son is a great player.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member

if you like traditional, simple and clean cues, tascarella is the best choice. im in ny and the poolhall I play at 6 out of 10 cues are tascarellas. its the type of cue you never get tired of, its like a Porsche, no matter the year a Porsche is a Porsche. its a few years wait though.

or you can spenhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/352682184516d 60k on a manzino.

So I'm saving up for a high end custom cue. Unfortunately there are a lot of them I am unable to try out before I buy. However there are makers I've heard a lot of good things about. Price doesn't matter too much, Black Boar is probably out of the price range. Right now I play with a Schon and it's okay, doesn't quite have the feedback I'd like.

List I'm considering:

Scruggs (Will be able to hit with one soon to test)
Southwest (Maybe can find one to try)
Bender
Tascarella
Capone
Diveney (Tried one recently and liked it a lot)

I also really like how a lot of Cohen and Bob Owen's look.

Anything else that is really good I should consider?

Have you ever played with a Lambros? That is my dream cue, if I could ever save up the kind of money that they demand. They appear to be sold out everywhere, so you would have to get on a wait list, or try to find one on the used market.

https://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cueobsessions/lambros/lambros_waitlist.htm

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

if you'd like a diveney custom, here's one that might work for you. I just saw it listed this morning and it sure impressed me. It's a killer look, imo, with copper ringwork and kielwood/ebony.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118...tif_id=1583772329819039&notif_t=group_comment