been asked before but....

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Playing devils advocate here
What are the chances he made a foul that wasnt seen till review of the video????

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dirty pool

so what if he did ,the record stands

if somebody sees a mishap after the super bowl,too late

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dirty pool

so what if he did ,the record stands

if somebody sees a mishap after the super bowl,too late

If someone finds out that Ty Cobb had two less hits than his record of 4,191 does that get changed? As a matter of fact it did and Cobb is now credited with 4,189.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No doubt, John is trying to produce as good a video as possible of his historic run. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I posted this in one of the other threads about the 626:

I talked to the official racker. The voice-over is in progress. The idea is to make a nice product. I can understand how that will take some time. There is also some concern about piracy. The raw video has already been viewed by the people at the BCA.​

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted this in one of the other threads about the 626:

I talked to the official racker. The voice-over is in progress. The idea is to make a nice product. I can understand how that will take some time. There is also some concern about piracy. The raw video has already been viewed by the people at the BCA.​
John said he is trying to sell the video for substantial amount of money and if that number is not met the video might not be released at all.

He said he might just show it at private viewings.

Sounds like he is being very cautious about how and if this video gets released.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ohh boy....
I just read another statement John made saying he might make the video a PPV type deal and is going to talk to Pat Fleming at Accu-Stats.

I think he's being smart taking his time about how and when and if the video gets released.

Capturej s statememnt.PNG

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Not looking promising. I like John schmidt and I’d buy the video but I think his expectations may be way high here if he’s looking for life changing or even life stabilizing money.

What can ya do? If it ever comes out I’ll buy it but for now it’s off my agenda of things to ponder

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Not looking promising. I like John schmidt and I’d buy the video but I think his expectations may be way high here if he’s looking for life changing or even life stabilizing money.

What can ya do? If it ever comes out I’ll buy it but for now it’s off my agenda of things to ponder

agree 100 percent

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got no problem with John trying to make money off the video. It is a momentous occasion and he needs to be rewarded. When players think small, big things don't happen.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got no problem with John trying to make money off the video. It is a momentous occasion and he needs to be rewarded. When players think small, big things don't happen.

It is a thing of value, no doubt. And John has put an unbelievable amount of work into making it reality.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't he have backers helping him so he could devote his time to it, I'm wondering if they are driving any of his decisions?

Don't care, just curious.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
guess hes tired of living in a van down by the river
same ol story
the pool player life is a very hard one from the hustler to the pro

vinay

Registered
I just read another statement John made saying he might make the video a PPV type deal and is going to talk to Pat Fleming at Accu-Stats.

I think he's being smart taking his time about how and when and if the video gets released.

View attachment 523750

It's his video and it's his prerogative for decide how to release it and how much to charge for it. That said I don't think he's being wise letting this drag on. I'd have dropped a few bucks on it right after he broke the record without thinking twice about it, but as weeks and months go by I already feel my interest waning. Let's see what he comes up with though.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure I will purchase it when it comes out however.....if he waits too long and someone else beats that record, maybe I'll wait for the dust to settle.

I'm sure there are a few people actively going for it now that it has made some big pool news.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
i agree about it getting late, shoot ida paid 100 for the dvd within the first week of it happening
now im like eh, ppv, ehhhh