Aiming on predator revo

michaelsu51216

Registered
Is aiming on a revo a big problem with the lack of ferrule or is it something that's easy to adapt to with relative practice? I know they came out with a white vault plate but its pretty much useless anyways, main concern is not being able to judge the distance between the cb and accidentally touching it on practise strokes.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only difference is the mental phenomenon of familiarity. If someone wants to see a ferrule, nothing will make them feel okay with not seeing a ferrule. Outside of that, it has no affect on your ability to aim or execute practice strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have Revo's with both a black and a white vault plate. Because they are both 12.4 and have the same tip, I switch between the two regularly. The color of the vault plate doesn't even come into play with me. I don't even realize which shaft I'm using. Once I take a practice stoke or two I'm focused on the OB anyway. I have heard people complain about the black vault plate since the Revo first came out but, from my experience, for most Revo players, the color isn't even an issue.

michaelsu51216

Registered
I have Revo's with both a black and a white vault plate. Because they are both 12.4 and have the same tip, I switch between the two regularly. The color of the vault plate doesn't even come into play with me. I don't even realize which shaft I'm using. Once I take a practice stoke or two I'm focused on the OB anyway. I have heard people complain about the black vault plate since the Revo first came out but, from my experience, for most Revo players, the color isn't even an issue.

thought so, what was a change in colour gonna do when you can barely see it anyway

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
im just amazed as to how people who ask this question aim in the first place. unless youre colorblind and your vision is blurred or you wear corrective lenses and are playing without them I don't know how you cant make out where you are. strange.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im just amazed as to how people who ask this question aim in the first place. unless youre colorblind and your vision is blurred or you wear corrective lenses and are playing without them I don't know how you cant make out where you are. strange.

It is funny. We are talking about things two feet from our faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm colorblind and blind as a bat (without my glasses). If I my glasses off, I can still hit the ball and make the shot a surprising amount of times. Its like I can sense where the pockets are. Go figure:)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny Thing

I'm colorblind and blind as a bat (without my glasses). If I my glasses off, I can still hit the ball and make the shot a surprising amount of times. Its like I can sense where the pockets are. Go figure:)

I put an old bar table on the back porch. No light yet. I am usually playing late evening anyway so I got curious how low of light I could still pocket balls in. I was still making table length shots when I had to walk up to the balls and almost touch them with my nose trying to get close enough to see which ball was which. I couldn't even see stripes or solids, just a phantom gleam on the front of the ball from somewhere, maybe a rising moon. Most medium difficulty shots still fell just fine. I was making some pretty decent cuts when I couldn't see more than about the width of the stripe in the center of the ball, even less than that. We know where the edge of the ball is!

I have shot a bit with a revo with the black vault plate. Obviously not hard to see it against the white cue ball, tracking it across the cloth is a little more difficult but not that much. I'll probably order the white vault plate, mostly just because!

Hu

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people use it to aim I guess.. I always aim when I’m standing before I drop into my line. Then I’m bearing down on my spot so no ferrule never bothered me. I remember this conversation when the first ob1 shaft came out and they didn’t have a white ferrule.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one thing I’ve noticed most about shooting with any carbon fiber shaft is the light reflecting off the shaft from the lights above. Like there appears to be a streak of light on the shaft all the way down to the tip. That’s the only difference I’ve noticed.