Canadians at the US Open.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just checking through the brackets and noticed a bunch of Canadians.

Aside from Alex, we're sporting:
Adam Smith
Jason Klatt
Levi Meiller
John Timmermans
Andy Aupin
John Morra
Erik Hjorliefson
Stan Tourangeau
Chris Orme
Edwin Montal
Nigel Francis (could be wrong on this one, I know there is a player from Scarborough that has the same name)
I think there could be one more, but none the less lots of players to sweat it out.

I would say Jason Klatt will probably finish the highest, in my opinion I think he is the strongest of the Canadian players. A couple of players who I didnt see on the list who I thought were going to be there, Jason Robichaud, Alex Radomski and Elio D'Andrea. Looks like Levi Meiller could have won the event in Sarnia to qualify for the open.

Discuss!

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to go badly but have a meeting on the 22nd. I am counting down the days until Turning Stone.

I agree with your Klatt pick. I wouldn't put Erik too far behind though. I wonder if the Rob Phillips is the same one from Edmonton, AB.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why no Dan Lewis? You could give out a lot of free money there.

I was supposed to go with some loser name Michael Cumberland, we didnt firm up the details.... hahahaha.

I might go next year, we'll see if I am in the donating mood then. $600 is a pretty sporty donation, maybe something like Turning Stone would be better, or US Bar Table Championships for me as I am a midget, only tables I can reach.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was talking with him at the US Open 10 ball. Tyler is done playing pool for a while because he is going back to University. I think he has 2 or 3 years remaining to complete an engineering degree.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice to see some of our Canadian players going strong still at the Open....Klatt, Orme and Stan all still on the A side.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
jason klatt still going strong on the A side must be in the top 8 now... erik still alive on the B beating the world 10 ball champ along the way!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank God!

Nice to see Orme pack his bags.Even thinking about him winning make me puke.Thankfully I won't be sick now!

S.Tat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw just knocked off Erik on the B side 11-5. I could be wrong, but from what I see, Klatt is the last Canadian standing and standing strong he is.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh Well!

Cheering for Canadians,I always feel the MapleLeafs syndrome kick in and its all over.I'll say what were most famous for(don't worry guys we'll get'em next year):eek::wink: