A friend of mine

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
has put this TABLE <--- (picture link) in a room in his pipe and steel store about 30 miles from here.

The first thing I have to do is teach him how to rack and where the numbers go. :)

It's a 5x10 Brunswick that was re-worked by AE Schmidt ~1964. Table is in overall great shape. I would have preferred the baize not be so dark but he re-used what was already installed as it was nearly new.

I think it is a handsome table and look forward to playing on it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
has put this TABLE <--- (picture link) in a room in his pipe and steel store about 30 miles from here.

The first thing I have to do is teach him how to rack and where the numbers go. :)

It's a 5x10 Brunswick that was re-worked by AE Schmidt ~1964. Table is in overall great shape. I would have preferred the baize not be so dark but he re-used what was already installed as it was nearly new.

I think it is a handsome table and look forward to playing on it.

My heavens.....he's gotta lose the cloth...:eek:

regards
pt.<..who has played a lot of 14-red snooker, racking the 6-ball with
the reds

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is an elegat looking table.

You guys need to play and play so the cloth gets worn out:D

Then you can justify Simonis Green, English Green or even Canadian G:grin:reen

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I'm still recovering from the OKC tourney Sam. I might go down there tomorrow afternoon and check it out. Kyle (the table owner) called me today and discussed several things he is going to order including a new cue ball, brush set, triangle, and a some new Simonis for when and if he decides to change out that Marine Blue darkness.

I still can't figure out what it was originally but it won't matter if it plays great.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Some changes made

2i0fyub.jpg

room is still very rough but will be finished some of these days. :smile:

That is Simonis 4000 cloth in case anyone was wondering. I sure wish I had been there when the work was done - would have caught a MAJOR mistake. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That green looks ooooh so nice:thumbup:

What is the Majory mistake?? The direction the nap runs???

Just play and play and play - oh you know what I mean - wear the nap off:D

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Majory mistake?

Isn't that nameplate on the rail supposed to be at the "foot" end of the table? :grin: Just wonderin' if I guessed right Rich!

snookerindy1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NICE! For some reason my name plate is also on what should be the foot of the table. I explained to them how I wanted it but I didn't want to be all over them while they were working. You know at the end of the day it's just nice to have the table and being able to play snooker every day!

Oh and get that Baulk line drawn on the sides of the "D" too

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Isn't that nameplate on the rail supposed to be at the "foot" end of the table? :grin: Just wonderin' if I guessed right Rich!
The name plate is where it should be.
Snooker players play safe on the break by' putting them on the Brunswick'

..but I think he got the rails mixed up...seems to be a side pocket jaw
at a corner

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Sweeeet!

The name plate is where it should be.
Snooker players play safe on the break by' putting them on the Brunswick'

..but I think he got the rails mixed up...seems to be a side pocket jaw
at a corner

Very cool info, "puttin' them on the Brunswick"! I can dig that for sure. I learned something new today! :thumbup:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I don't want to reveal the mistake that was made, but had I been there - it wouldn't have happened. Let's just say this aint a pool table. :rolleyes:

ps: the level of the table is just a bit off still. We'll have to nearly kill ourselves trying to fix that.

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Hmmm

I don't want to reveal the mistake that was made, but had I been there - it wouldn't have happened. Let's just say this aint a pool table. :rolleyes:

ps: the level of the table is just a bit off still. We'll have to nearly kill ourselves trying to fix that.

Is that a Pool table end rail at the foot of that beautiful thing sir? :cool:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I know it had simply been too long since the mechanic had any experience at all working on snooker tables - and that is surely now true for most of the table mechanics in this country. :frown:

This table uses K55 profile cushions. K55 cushions come with a cloth backing on the top and often the backside of the cushion itself (at least true for good cushions). The owner had purchased a rail gauge for this job (but the gauge was for POOL table cushions, not snooker) and I had informed him of this. I should have marked the gauge myself but the difference of only about .08" would have been hard to distinguish on that simple gauge. And I trusted the owner to remember to inform the mechanic of this... :eek: He didn't.

The cushions were installed upside down. That in turn made the pre-cut snooker bends we had purchased absolutely useless as they of course did not line up. The mechanic hand carved all the pocket bends out of full lengths of cushion, making for some inconsistent (but reasonably good) pocket bends. The carving negated any possibility of correcting the problem once I pointed out the error.

That difference in height seems to have little effect for most shots but does make for some hops if the ball is hit firmly.

I'm only posting this so that others might avoid the same mistake.

and it aint funny Sam. :smile: