Now that we have 626 let’s see a one Pocket run

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say this because Alex on a bet ran if I remember right it was the 49 the bet was 45 on 5 try’s it was on video and it was spectacular one of the most amazing display of pool I’ve ever seen , I’d like to see that beat if it’s even a record

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
If you look up Tom Wirth, I think you'll see the highest. You have to stop at 15. A new game after that.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
I might be wrong but I think Gabe Owen ran something like 62 in 5 racks which might be one of the most impressive things ever done on a pool table. Not sure if there is video, but it seems like it has been talked about on AZ more than a few times.

Give JS a couple months and he can probably beat it, lol.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say this because Alex on a bet ran if I remember right it was the 49 the bet was 45 on 5 try’s it was on video and it was spectacular one of the most amazing display of pool I’ve ever seen , I’d like to see that beat if it’s even a record

Gabe Owen won the challenge at Derby City once with 60 balls in 5 tries.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be wrong but I think Gabe Owen ran something like 62 in 5 racks which might be one of the most impressive things ever done on a pool table. Not sure if there is video, but it seems like it has been talked about on AZ more than a few times.

Give JS a couple months and he can probably beat it, lol.

That’s a great feat love to see that , but I’d love to see more trying for it ,

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
One pocket is like nine ball. You can string racks, but that's the limit of things.

In nine ball, Feijen ran a witnessed fifteen pack in about 2003 and I've heard from more than one source that Lassiter ran an unwitnessed 21-pack in the early 1960's. Also something I heard but can't corroborate, Dave Matlock ran a 28-pack on a barbox.

In banks, I watched while John Ervolino ran 15 and out in three straight racks of full rack banks (not all on the rack's first inning), truly one of the more remarkable feats I ever saw. I believe I heard that Eddie Taylor made thirty two banks in succession, also pretty unfathomable.

All that said, I'm not sure there are documented records in one pocket, nine ball or banks. But maybe we should be documenting this.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is like nine ball. You can string racks, but that's the limit of things.

In nine ball, Feijen ran a witnessed fifteen pack in about 2003 and I've heard from more than one source that Lassiter ran an unwitnessed 21-pack in the early 1960's. Also something I heard but can't corroborate, Dave Matlock ran a 28-pack on a barbox.

In banks, I watched while John Ervolino ran 15 and out in three straight racks of full rack banks (not all on the rack's first inning), truly one of the more remarkable feats I ever saw. I believe I heard that Eddie Taylor made thirty two banks in succession, also pretty unfathomable.

All that said, I'm not sure there are documented records in one pocket, nine ball or banks. But maybe we should be documenting this.

I agree there should be having only one standard that represents pool that being in the least played game simply isn’t representing pool as what it is today as a whole and that is one of many problems with it , you need to connect with the players of today’s crowd a record in 14-1 simply doesn’t. do that

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree there should be having only one standard that represents pool that being in the least played game simply isn’t representing pool as a what it is as a whole and that is one of many problems with it , you need to connect with the players of today’s crowd a record in 14-1 simply doesn’t. do that

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gabe Owen won the challenge at Derby City once with 60 balls in 5 tries.
I heard that John Schmidt's high practice score was 72 in five racks.

One issue is that there are a few different ways to rule on the break shot. Varner used to intentionally scratch so he would get ball in hand behind the line and owe one at the end of the rack. Others take ball in hand anywhere after the break. Others, like Hopkins, play you have to shoot from where the cue ball ends on the break shot and scratches end the turn.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that John Schmidt's high practice score was 72 in five racks.

One issue is that there are a few different ways to rule on the break shot. Varner used to intentionally scratch so he would get ball in hand behind the line and owe one at the end of the rack. Others take ball in hand anywhere after the break. Others, like Hopkins, play you have to shoot from where the cue ball ends on the break shot and scratches end the turn.

I like to know and I’d like to see a criteria. .also say wpa qualifying table

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ralf Souquet have made 27 run outs in row on 9-ft 8-ball.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like to know and I’d like to see a criteria. .also say wpa qualifying table

Here’s how it was done at the Rack.
Five racks
No ball in hand
A scratch ends the turn
Choose pocket before you break

Carella used to get action at 27.....but he could hit the 30s
Hopkins took it up a notch....
...and he would bet he would run all 15 in five tries

...this was late 70s in Detroit....players kept getting better at it

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is a moving game. Straight pool can keep the ball-running.

8-and-out may be the best move for the player, not sure if it's the best move for the game.

Last edited: