Stroke? Shaft? Technique?

DireMcCain

Registered
I don't get it...been shooting for a while, had a Joss from back when and I could draw the ball into the next building. Switched to a Schon about a year agho, and I can't draw thwe ball worh a hoot. Both the Joss and the Schon had/have the stock shaft, same weight, same tip size, same brand leather tip...but I just don't get the draw action i got with the Joss...with 18" between the balls, I can get a full table draw with the Schon...but with the Joss I would get almost twice that...doesn't make any sense to me...maybe some of you will have some idea...

I am puzzled...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I don't get it...been shooting for a while, had a Joss from back when and I could draw the ball into the next building. Switched to a Schon about a year agho, and I can't draw thwe ball worh a hoot. Both the Joss and the Schon had/have the stock shaft, same weight, same tip size, same brand leather tip...but I just don't get the draw action i got with the Joss...with 18" between the balls, I can get a full table draw with the Schon...but with the Joss I would get almost twice that...doesn't make any sense to me...maybe some of you will have some idea...

I am puzzled...
Some cues deliver a little more or less power for the same stroke, but not enough to account for that difference.

Maybe a difference in squirt could matter?

I'm guessing it's unfamiliarity and it'll come.

pj
chgo

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the Joss shaft on the Schon butt and see what happens. They have the same joint and the Joss should easily fit on the Schon. Good luck.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played solid maple shafts with all my life. Then I bought Mezz with Wx700 shaft. Had similar experience. I could get same amount of draw than my old Falcon but needed a lot more speed on shots. Just give up that. I did.
If cue not give you spin what you can do then it is worthless.