Wrap question

lights_out

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke with a cuemaker the other day about rewrapping a couple of my cues with leather (which currently have Irish linen). He said it could be done but there could be a problem with the depth as Irish linen is THICKER than leather. Is this true? I would think leather would be thicker than the linen. Also, anyone know anyone in the Chicago area or northwest suburbs that could do the leather on my cues? Thanks.

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
lights_out said:
I spoke with a cuemaker the other day about rewrapping a couple of my cues with leather (which currently have Irish linen). He said it could be done but there could be a problem with the depth as Irish linen is THICKER than leather. Is this true? I would think leather would be thicker than the linen. Also, anyone know anyone in the Chicago area or northwest suburbs that could do the leather on my cues? Thanks.
Most of the time when you remove the linen, you have to take down the wrap groove a few thousanths. Rarely do you have to fill the wrap groove. Ship them to me (Indiana), and I can do them for you. I have over 40 types and colors in stock. PM me for cost.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
lights_out said:

Stack leather wraps are custom fit to each cue. Doesn't matter how deep the groove is unless it is beyond normal!

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
lights_out said:

Steve, I've been sending my cues to JW Petree from Oklahoma. So far, I've had no issue changing linen to leather wraps by him (about 10 cues from different cuemakers). You might want to contact him (AZ handle - PetreeCues_ and ask few questions. He offers great service at very reasonable price (especially for two or more cues) and fast turnaround time.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Leather is usually a little thicker than linen, but it does occasionally go the other way, but that is rarer. If the guy who is doing it only has one or two types of leather and they are super thin you might want to consider sending it to someone who has a larger selection.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
About the only thing that I can think of that would be thinner is REAL snakeskin....
________

Last edited:

lights_out

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for your replies. I just couldn't imagine leather being thinner than a piece of string. Billiardbum made me a great offer on my leather wraps and I'll probably send them to him.