Ronnie O’Sullivan promises a 147 lefty!

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if he doesn’t, there is no hope for any of us!
(Unabashed Fanboy.....)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well, if he doesn’t, there is no hope for any of us!
(Unabashed Fanboy.....)

Ronnie! Ronnie! He’s our man, if he can’t do it, some left handed snooker player can!!

I was feeling poetic. I’m going to watch this if I can. I love Ronnie O.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It wont count if it wasnt in the same town, same table, same time of day, same balls, same cue, same tip, etc, etc, etc. Isnt that how this works?

Go Ronnie!!!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I would call it an exhibition.

He has stated what he will do. He is an exhibitionist. Have to love his exhibition shots at the end of a cinched frame.
I enjoyed the game where his opponent got butt hurt over him shooting left handed.

https://youtu.be/Vo5CDLbr6Uc

Save that for exhibitions.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Ronnie O’Sullivan on why he would rather play left handed

Than use the rest.
https://youtu.be/cuHy0gm_dfQ

I practice my left against right on my shot making drill. It is a dead heat. It is an incredible advantage to be able to switch to the hand that fits the shot, seemlessly.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice with left had will make funny shit happening in your head.
I tried to practice couple weeks with my opposite hand and make century break on snooker. I could not do it. Twice I got 96..
After that session I noticed I could do repetitive stress work both hands now. And I was able to write left handed too. Even I never practiced writing left handed.

So Ronnie probably do just left hand couple weeks.. :wink::wink:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Practice with left had will make funny shit happening in your head.
I tried to practice couple weeks with my opposite hand and make century break on snooker. I could not do it. Twice I got 96..
After that session I noticed I could do repetitive stress work both hands now. And I was able to write left handed too. Even I never practiced writing left handed.

So Ronnie probably do just left hand couple weeks.. :wink::wink:

I’m naturally left handed in most things but play pool right handed. I can switch fairly well but for some reason only when I need to switch does it actually feel comfortable. Like if I take an easy right handed shot and shoot left handed it’s awkward. But when I need to go lefty it feels fine.

Whenever I practice full game left handed I feel mentally drained afterwards, it’s no joke.

Also for the record: I can spin one hand forward and the other backwards at the same time, and I can switch sides

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m naturally left handed in most things but play pool right handed. I can switch fairly well but for some reason only when I need to switch does it actually feel comfortable. Like if I take an easy right handed shot and shoot left handed it’s awkward. But when I need to go lefty it feels fine.

Whenever I practice full game left handed I feel mentally drained afterwards, it’s no joke.

Also for the record: I can spin one hand forward and the other backwards at the same time, and I can switch sides

Any idea why you started t o play right-handed?
Canada’s greatest snooker player is a leftie, and plays right...snooker and golf.
...one of our other world class snooker players plays left...and he is right-handed.
...pretty sure Ben Hogan was a leftie...hall of fame right-handed golfer.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think I just naturally held the cue that way the first time I tried. I swing a golf club left handed, fishing rod, bat, throw a ball, I shoot guns right handed though. And kick better right legged lol.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think I just naturally held the cue that way the first time I tried. I swing a golf club left handed, fishing rod, bat, throw a ball, I shoot guns right handed though. And kick better right legged lol.

I’m just curious how we perceive things....I’m extremely right-handed....
....when still young, I gambled exclusively left-handed for three months at snooker.
....showed a profit ‘cause being left-handed didn’t hurt my ability to make a game...:)
....but after three months, I gave up...I got better....but I wasn’t 30% of my right game.

A slap shot at hockey was the only time left felt right.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If he wants anyone around here to be impressed he'd better do it on the first try as part of an official exhibition.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
In an interview Ronnie was asked why he breaks off left handed. His response was that he gets better results. Left handed break was less likely to get the exposed ball that happened sometimes right handed.
My experience has been that I am luckiest left handed. Misses just accidentally become safeties. My first games gambling at 8 ball and 9 ball, I made the 8 and 9 on the respective breaks. Bank shots and combinations work better left handed. I am more analyzing right handed and feeling lefty.
I have broken swings of bad luck by switching to left hand.