"Pool Gods" brand cushions at Seybert's?

theinkdon

Registered
I need to replace the K66 cushions on my 'Asian import' 8' table (the one in this thread, and because I also want new pockets, and Seybert's has the best price on pockets I've found, I figured I'd get everything from them. Based on research here I'd decided to put either Accufast or Artemis on, but Seybert's doesn't carry those brands. They only show 2 options: Standard at $50, and Pool Gods Pro at $90.

I wrote to them asking if they could special-order Accufast or Artemis, and the answer was no, but, Pool Gods Pro "is as good of a rubber." I've searched the forums and didn't find much about these cushions ("pool gods" is a commonly-used term around here, but in a different context). I did find this thread from 2010 where someone installed Pool Gods rubber and said it played okay, but he preferred something "a little faster."

So my question: is Pool Gods Pro as "good" as Accufast or Artemis? Or even close? The cost of the rubber given the complexity of the job isn't an issue: I'd rather put the best on it now, than not be happy with it and have to redo it.
'basic' cushions: ~$50
Pool Gods Pro: $90
Championship Tour Edition: $120
Accufast: $190
Artemis: $235

I don't intend for this to turn into a "which rubber is best" discussion, or "why would you put Artemis on a generic table?" I just want to know if anyone has any experience with the Pools Gods Pro rubber at Seybert's, because that seems to be a heckuva claim.

Thanks in advance,
Mike in Atlanta

theinkdon

Registered
Over a hundred views and no replies, I guess no one has used these Pool Gods Pro cushions.
Just a little update then. I replied to their email and started out with this:

"I guess I could try the Pool Gods Pro cushions, but I was only able to find one mention of them on the AZBilliards forums. There's one review on your website, but do you have any other testimonials or reviews? Are they used in certain tournaments or anything?"

I then went on to ask about some table hardware I need that I couldn't find on their site, and what their cushion adhesive recommendation was.

The reply I got answered those two questions, but didn't say anything more about the Pool Gods Pro brand of cushions. So I decided to buy from BestBilliards.com, who had the hardware I needed, and good prices on some of their name-brand cushions. I decided to go with Championship Tour Edition rubber because my Asian knockoff table doesn't really warrant Artemis, and I probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

And this might've been mentioned before, but BestBilliards has a pretty neat "Recovering Kit Wizard" that steps you through selecting table size/type, cloth, feather stripping, and cushions. And then the cool part: it puts those things in your cart, PLUS everything you'd need to set up a table: 2 kinds of adhesive (DAP Weldwood brush-on and 3M Super 77 spray), two kinds of shims, beeswax, cushion facings, a razor blade, and a spot. AND THEN it applies a 10% discount to everything in your cart, even things you add separate from the wizard.

But their cloth options are limited to Simonis 860 (in 25 colors) at $103.50 a yard, or Championship Invitational with Teflon (30 colors) at 37.50, not nearly the selection as at Seybert's.

Cushion choices in K66 are Artemis, AccuFast, and Championship Tour Edition. In K55: Brunswick Superspeed and Diamond. Also MBS Premier in both flavors, and a couple others.

LeftyKev

Need Help Identifying and getting Value

First I want to just say hello to everyone. I just signed up and this is my first post. I am the original owner of a Plamer Billards pool cue and have been trying to find out the model # and Value but ca't seem to find the exact style anywhere.

I bought it brand new for I believe $185.00 at my local pool haul in the mid to late 80's or early 90's. I was a regular there and knew the owners pretty good.I am not an expert but believe it is in excellent condition for how old it is. read comments below and see attached pics.

1) I am the original owner of this cue.
2) Cue has never been altered or repaired.
3) Original wrap, joints, shaft, tip, and even the butt plug.
4) All inlays and triangle Palmer logo are real ( no stickers )

I look occasionally but have never found an exact match for the inlay patterns. When I purchased it they did not have a Palmer Billiards Case to go with it so it has been protected all the years in a nice Vicking Cues Case

Attachments

• 20200729_034401 (2)_edited.jpg
    20200729_034401 (2)_edited.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 339
  • 20200729_034746_edited.jpg
    20200729_034746_edited.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 20200729_035230_edited.jpg
    20200729_035230_edited.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 20200729_035437_edited.jpg
    20200729_035437_edited.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 186

theinkdon

Registered
LeftyKev, I think you'll have better luck with your cue question if you start a new thread about it rather than replying in my thread about rail cushions.
And rather than post it here in "Pool Tables & Accessories Reviews," you'd probably have better luck in one of the cue-specific forums like "Cue & Case Gallery" or maybe "Cue Reviews."
You can even search for "Palmer" in either of those forums by clicking on the "Search This Forum" button just above the "Replies" column.
Good luck in your search.