How to pick a shaft.

Cueball13

Registered
Any advice on how to be able to pick a shaft to buy without being able to hit one? I’m interested in the OB pro + and the predator Z3. I just was curious if anyone else has ran into this before. From what I have read both a great shafts and people seem to really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any advice on how to be able to pick a shaft to buy without being able to hit one? I’m interested in the OB pro + and the predator Z3. I just was curious if anyone else has ran into this before. From what I have read both a great shafts and people seem to really like them.

Maybe try to find a stocking dealer that will let you test drive a few. BTW, some companies have a return policy if you don't like what you try.

Keith

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many things to look at, grain structure is the most important when it comes to quality of the shaft itself.

Straightness of the grain is very important. Follow the grain from the joint to the ferrule, it should not run off the side at all, if it does, it's low quality.

Amount of grain per inch can make a difference and the distribution can matter as well.

If it has at least 10 grains per inch and they are even, that is good. You will find some that have 8 grains on one half and two on the other, forget it.

Rolaine industries has a great guide and so does Bill Dominiak of Dominiak cues, they both sell blanks for shafts and their specs are spot on.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Gold and Joel Hercek are very specific about shaft wood. They are like peas in a pod when it comes to cue making. Had a long discussion a while ago about it with Joe. Please do not ask as a lot of our discussions were confidential plus I like Joe as a friend..

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe Gold and Joel Hercek are very specific about shaft wood. They are like peas in a pod when it comes to cue making. Had a long discussion a while ago about it with Joe. Please do not ask as a lot of our discussions were confidential plus I like Joe as a friend..
so why did you even mention it???????????????????????????????