Buyer beware : Clothdude

Shane Jackson

Action Jackson Industries LLC
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just so everyone knows to beware of seller. CLOTHDUDE or Scott Middleton as you guys may know. Former worker for Championship cloth and Middle man for "its george cases" working closely with Mike Roberts of Its george cases is not a good person to do business with.

HERE IS A LINK TO HIS NAME AS WELL AS HIS POST.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=4599417#post4599417

After agreeing to send me my money back for 3 new its george cases and 1 used case he disappears. He does not answer phone calls, texts, or emails. He blocks me off of Facebook and goes MIA. This was not only a business relationship but someone I called a friend. He did not give any reason nor was there a reason to vanish from sight.

BUYER BEWARE if anyone has any questions to the authenticity of my claim feel free to contact me at 304-914-1477. I will gladly back up my story along with a phone number to another gentleman who also felt the wrath of this guys destructive intentions.

Ask anyone about me and my reputation in the billiard industry and I will assure you I have no reason to make this up. I did everything in my power to help this guy out on custom cue deals, he took me and my girlfriend out to expensive dinners. Then decides to screw me….over 800. Real classy.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Wow, I was going to order another case from him, I had a smooth transaction last year but think I will hold off now. Thanks for the heads up Shane.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I sold him a case a month or two ago and we chatted a few times over the phone. He seemed like a stand up guy. Bummer for the situation.

Patrick

Luc Comtois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wow that is not RIGHT, it is too bad we have to deal with such person. Good luck with your situation, hopefully things will work out.

Thanks for the head-up.....

Lucas.
lucas Cue Shop

rwwsr72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yep he was on last night.... I think he is badd to deal with.. He has had plentey of time to make it right...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Shizzy319

L&L Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Clothdude

I don't normally like getting in the middle of something I wasn't involved in directly but having said that....

I have known Scott for over 25 years and I can say honestly with no hesitation that he is the most honest person I have ever known, I started dealing with him in the 80's as a business relationship which quickly turned into a lifelong friendship based strongly in my complete trust in his ethic and moral values. We have exchanged 10's of thousands of dollars in numerous transactions with absolutely zero issues. He is one of the only people on this earth that I would trust with my life and I would vouch for him anytime to anyone.

I spoke to Scott briefly regarding the situation that Shane is referring to and can only say that what I believe to understand what happened is not as simple as Shane is describing.

I will also say that I also consider Shane a friend and believe him to be a stand up guy who's reputation is untarnished in my book and have enjoyed dealing with him and would trust him in any transaction also.

It is unfortunate that sometimes the disappointment in one persons perception as to how an event played out is conveyed in such a manner as to give unassociated parties an opinion of what really happened when truly only the two parties involved really know the truth.

My opinion is to give a person the benefit of the doubt until I personally experience a reason to look at them otherwise.
I would hope that Scott and Shane could work things out between them personally and not in such a public forum.

I will also add that I am a little disappointed in Franko for making his comment as I believe that there has never been the slightest issue between them and would have hoped that he would reiterate my feelings as they have know each other for years and are personal friends.

I think if you look at my reputation you will find that I am untarnished also and have been doing business in the billiard world since the 80's and would not vouch for someone and risk my opinion unless I was 100% confident in that person.

Ken

Shane Jackson

Action Jackson Industries LLC
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Response

We spoke briefly today via phone call. Only after posting this on AZB did I get a response out of him in over 6 months.

When we spoke he said that "i will get whats mine"

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
I don't normally like getting in the middle of something I wasn't involved in directly but having said that....

I have known Scott for over 25 years and I can say honestly with no hesitation that he is the most honest person I have ever known, I started dealing with him in the 80's as a business relationship which quickly turned into a lifelong friendship based strongly in my complete trust in his ethic and moral values. We have exchanged 10's of thousands of dollars in numerous transactions with absolutely zero issues. He is one of the only people on this earth that I would trust with my life and I would vouch for him anytime to anyone.

I spoke to Scott briefly regarding the situation that Shane is referring to and can only say that what I believe to understand what happened is not as simple as Shane is describing.

I will also say that I also consider Shane a friend and believe him to be a stand up guy who's reputation is untarnished in my book and have enjoyed dealing with him and would trust him in any transaction also.

It is unfortunate that sometimes the disappointment in one persons perception as to how an event played out is conveyed in such a manner as to give unassociated parties an opinion of what really happened when truly only the two parties involved really know the truth.

My opinion is to give a person the benefit of the doubt until I personally experience a reason to look at them otherwise.
I would hope that Scott and Shane could work things out between them personally and not in such a public forum.

I will also add that I am a little disappointed in Franko for making his comment as I believe that there has never been the slightest issue between them and would have hoped that he would reiterate my feelings as they have know each other for years and are personal friends.

I think if you look at my reputation you will find that I am untarnished also and have been doing business in the billiard world since the 80's and would not vouch for someone and risk my opinion unless I was 100% confident in that person.

Ken

I think it is incredibly nice of you to "get in the middle" of this since you have such conviction over your friend's (clothdude) good character. To my mind, what you had to say matters quite a bit.

Obviously, something happened between Shane and Scott and I know Shane has a great rep, as well.

Here's hoping they can get it all sorted out without needing to air things out here.

Maybe just to pop back on soon to say it's all good.

EDIT: just saw shane's post above - maybe it was a little more than a misunderstanding...?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Just a shame it had to come to this for it to be reconciled. I know Shane, and not Scott but will not take sides here. These things should be taken care of before it comes to actions like this. I hope it is worked out soon and it really is more complicated than is being told here. It seems they were friends...and true friends don't do friends like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shizzy319

L&L Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Clothdude

I think maybe more of a unrealistic expectation than a misunderstanding that now has blown up into an emotional response.

Hope they can work it out, we are all friends and hope we can all continue to be, I was along for some of those expensive dinners Shane has referred to on Scott's dime.

All I can say is just try to pay for a bill when Scott is around and you will immediately know that he is generous to a fault and I can fathom no instance where Scott would stiff anyone, I have personally failed a numerous amount of times to try and pick up a tab to only find the bill was already paid. $800.00 is far less than a lot of dinner bills I have witnessed him pay for so this makes no sense to me, there is more to it then any of us truly know.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0

Ken
What exactly are you disappointed in Ken? Me saying thanks for the heads up? I am not going to go public with the comments that several people have told me both local and out of state from Scot and someone else we both know.Soon this will all come out.