Shane VanBoening's LONG cue

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed a pic. on AZ Forum showing Shane at the Derby 2015 BIG FOOT tournament on a 10ft.table with a VERY LONG cue (it appears to have some type extension(s) on it.

Anybody know about this?

It looks like the regular Cuetec R-360 he plays, but WOW, what extension !!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I noticed a pic. on AZ Forum showing Shane at the Derby 2015 BIG FOOT tournament on a 10ft.table with a VERY LONG cue (it appears to have some type extension(s) on it.

Anybody know about this?

It looks like the regular Cuetec R-360 he plays, but WOW, what extension !!!

He shoots full time with his extension on the cue.

Mezz'd up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I seen a few pro's (Mika/Morris) using a 5" - 6" extension as well. I knew it wasn't only me that was curious.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue

If you look close at Shanes cue it looks like they put a exten under the metal joint.
I no how this sounds but I was 20 feet from his cue and it looked like a piece of maple
their. Check out pictures of this DCC maybe cuetech made him something special. Maybe he didnt like the extension between the joint and shaft, I don't no but it did look
werid.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
If you look close at Shanes cue it looks like they put a exten under the metal joint.
I no how this sounds but I was 20 feet from his cue and it looked like a piece of maple
their. Check out pictures of this DCC maybe cuetech made him something special. Maybe he didnt like the extension between the joint and shaft, I don't no but it did look
werid.

what you were seeing is where he wore the PAINT off his cue....the extension is on the end .

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
62" 25oz i heard an announcer chime.

Being that the Cuetec cues are so affordable I decided to try one. I got the Cuetec 6" extension to go with it. It made the cue 64" and the extension added very little weight because it is mostly plastic. I think it could only be 25oz if the cue was 23oz to start with.

That is the same cue shane has been playing with for like the last six years, so it's really beat up. IIRC they showed a close up of it on TAR on time. That was three or so years ago and it was really beat up then.

Ben

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being that the Cuetec cues are so affordable I decided to try one. I got the Cuetec 6" extension to go with it. It made the cue 64" and the extension added very little weight because it is mostly plastic. I think it could only be 25oz if the cue was 23oz to start with.

That is the same cue shane has been playing with for like the last six years, so it's really beat up. IIRC they showed a close up of it on TAR on time. That was three or so years ago and it was really beat up then.

Ben

On the TAR interview they weighed Efren and Shane cues and they were around 18--19 oz. He must have added weight somewhere along the way.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://youtu.be/_kL9ena6j6M?t=57m13s

Shanes extension probably adds 6-7oz of weight.

The poster just above said the extension is made of plastic and adds little weight. But you are right, my guess is Shane has a wooden custom made extension by cuetec if it adds 6-7 oz.

My next question is.....I was told by a prominent cue maker that a heavier cue deadens the action on the cue ball, because more inertia is transferred to object ball. That's why professionals today go for lighter cues, but earl and Shane are going against that now.

So which one is it? Now I'm confused.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The poster just above said the extension is made of plastic and adds little weight. But you are right, my guess is Shane has a wooden custom made extension by cuetec if it adds 6-7 oz.

My next question is.....I was told by a prominent cue maker that a heavier cue deadens the action on the cue ball, because more inertia is transferred to object ball. That's why professionals today go for lighter cues, but earl and Shane are going against that now.

Prominent cuemakers know more about cues then physics.
Where would more inertia for the object ball come from?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Um, whoever told you that doesn't know physics. I can muscle the cueball better than I have in my life with an old Hoppe Professional that weighs over 22oz. Weight has absolutely nothing to do with it.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a 18oz cue with no weight bolt, but I've played with a 23oz 64" cue and actually preferred it. Idk what cuemaker was telling you about inertia, but I think it's bull.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prominent cuemakers know more about cues then physics.
Where would more inertia for the object ball come from?

that's how I explain it, his words were "deadens the cue ball action" I don't have the exact quote memorized but that's what he was explaining. The transferring of inertia or the tendency of objectsTo keep moving in a straight line at a constant velocity.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a 18oz cue with no weight bolt, but I've played with a 23oz 64" cue and actually preferred it. Idk what cuemaker was telling you about inertia, but I think it's bull.

I could go over to his shop this weekend and get an exact quote of you'd like. His belief that the cue should be lighter. I see you agree as well.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
that's how I explain it, his words were "deadens the cue ball action" I don't have the exact quote memorized but that's what he was explaining. The transferring of inertia or the tendency of objectsTo keep moving in a straight line at a constant velocity.

That is still absolutely wrong. Dr. Dave's hair is probably on fire now from all the incorrect information contained in one sentence.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could go over to his shop this weekend and get an exact quote of you'd like. His belief that the cue should be lighter. I see you agree as well.

I don't agree with him. I played the same with the 18oz cue and the 23oz cue. They felt different, because one is heavier, but I got the same action of out both.

You can get an exact quote if you want, but I think he's full of it regardless.