Mark Griffin

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw on a pool site here in St. Louis that Gary Lutman is saying he and Mark both tested positive for Covid recently.
Gary said he's doing better and Mark is in the hospital and he is talking to him daily.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I saw on a pool site here in St. Louis that Gary Lutman is saying he and Mark both tested positive for Covid recently.
Gary said he's doing better and Mark is in the hospital and he is talking to him daily.

This is bad news. Best wishes to Mark and Gary.

Mark has had lung issues in the past, I believe he has had a lung transplant. He's a great guy and we'll be pulling for him.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Not good. I hope he pulls through.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I hope Mark and Gary Lutman have a quick, full and painless COVID-19 recovery. Particularly serious for Mark
as a double lung transplant recipient, as well as his age.

Mark is a good friend, not only of Rhoda and me, but our entire genre of pool and billiards.
Great poolrooms in Alaska, California and Las Vegas, ownership level interest in Diamond Billiards, CSI ownership, promoter of some of the world’s best tournaments (and action), ownership of TAR (relocated Justin to LV), ownership in OB Cues, special mention for Griff’s, wonderful charitable contributions, and much, much more.

Get well quick, we’re thinking of you!

Will Prout

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, Mark Griffin has been a very positive force in both amateur and pro pool for many years. Wishing him and Gary well.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just spoke to Mark and he is about to get out of the hospital. He sounded pretty good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
Great news!

Hi Mark, Glad to hear you are getting home soon. I love you book by the way. I bought it about 4 years ago and it has helped me in my game. I also loved your pool clinics at the Derby City. I watched them as I could not make it this year. Get will soon. We need people like you around. You are a good ambassador for the game.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope Mark gets well soon. I'd like to see him at Griff's when this COVID thing is all done.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Hope they both fully recover.

It spread through a lot fo players in my local room. All have made a recovery health-wise, but it has taken a toll on them. Some never fully recovered their game from it. Others it took months to get back up to their normal speed.

I can't say if this is how it effects all pool players as I have not had it, but from the 6 people I know that had it, they all got back into good health, but really struggled with their pool games.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope they both fully recover.

It spread through a lot fo players in my local room. All have made a recovery health-wise, but it has taken a toll on them. Some never fully recovered their game from it. Others it took months to get back up to their normal speed.

I can't say if this is how it effects all pool players as I have not had it, but from the 6 people I know that had it, they all got back into good health, but really struggled with their pool games.

Where is this happening?

And when you say they struggle, what kind of symptoms are you speaking of?

Lou Figueroa

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Where is this happening?

And when you say they struggle, what kind of symptoms are you speaking of?

Lou Figueroa

From my own experience, my 25 year old daughter had it in March. Her case was relatively mild but she had and still has some shortness of breath from it. It's a pretty common symptom. It can take months to fully recover for some people.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
From my own experience, my 25 year old daughter had it in March. Her case was relatively mild but she had and still has some shortness of breath from it. It's a pretty common symptom. It can take months to fully recover for some people.

Where I lived, beginning of the yr a few of the locals in our local haunt/Green Parrot Lounge got something bad, took em out SUDDENLY....for 4 tah 5 days....they are no longer that way.
As time went on in Spring, the virus started playing out.

They realized they probably had it, beat it and are working again. My daughter, now 10 yrs as and end of life care nurse, dealing with many that want to die ''at home said this''.

Eventually 'EVERYONE'' will be exposed to this, it's inevitable.

I think I might of at the Parrott, but I never get/got sick, but that's not my reasoning to think ''I'm not going to get it''.

But being where I've been. I've exposed myself, to more germs than most medical people.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

I had pneumonia when I was 25, 104.5 fever, that was a trip, it took me at least 2 months to get close to my normal stamina back, it sounds like Covid may be similar.