Saturday night live billiards

Kdogster

Registered
Can’t believe I never saw this before but this popped up on youtube today and it had me rolling.. especially the commercials for tampax :D enjoy.

https://youtu.be/vOvT5-JAW8E
This parody is spot on. ESPN screwed over the sport of pool. The clueless announcer (Mitch Laurence), excessive sponsor mentions, commercial breaks between every rack, and the TV studio/library feel made a crappy impression. Imagine, if they had delegated to Accu Stats instead? The charisma and knowledge of the announcers would have made people appreciate the game. I think Accu Stats is better than Matchroom broadcasts, too. I think Matchroom has too many breaks and it’s too styled up, but way better than ESPN.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This parody is spot on. ESPN screwed over the sport of pool. The clueless announcer (Mitch Laurence), excessive sponsor mentions, commercial breaks between every rack, and the TV studio/library feel made a crappy impression. Imagine, if they had delegated to Accu Stats instead? The charisma and knowledge of the announcers would have made people appreciate the game. I think Accu Stats is better than Matchroom broadcasts, too. I think Matchroom has too many breaks and it’s too styled up, but way better than ESPN.

Good lord you took that way to seriously lol they do the same parody for bowling and golf and other sports with these to. It was an ongoing bit. Relax