Pre-view of DVD on how to extend sub-rails.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I wish to know that also. I've just noticed it's been THREE YEARS since the opening post already. Never losing hope. I've seen Glen posted his schedule for coming months and a DVD for Simonis was mentioned there. So maybe it's not that long now.

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
I love this forum. You must remember, when pictures are taken, there are shadows and lighting has a big factor. I am not saying that you can get all the wrinkles out, but different cloth and weather conditions do play a factor. Glen has posted alot of pics of his work and alot of us have learned form him. So all of you who think you can do as good, please post pics of your work, with customer references. After you go back and read all his post, you may know how to put a table together. We are not here to critisize, we are here to learn.
How about putting your money where your mouth is.
Thanks, Ron

OOH RAA!!! Well said!

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
Any ideas how you could tighten the pockets on a Kim Steel without double-shimming?

I have some experience with KS. I have extended the rails on a few. I am not RKC's caliber. I would recommend a solid piece of subrail extension. I used it to gain some real estate for staple. This is only going to work if the table is not clothed often, other wise I would use glue.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

cuewould

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to you

Glen thats all your doin I just used ...MY....hands instead of yours.....:D:D

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
The method is very good. I watched my friends Gandy get made into a Diamond by Glen.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Was the DVD ever released? I'd be happy to order one!

Thanks

No, after years of seeing what other table mechanic's were doing when it came to this level of work....I gave up on most in this industry as being more interested in making fast money rather than doing better work.

Glen

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
No, after years of seeing what other table mechanic's were doing when it came to this level of work....I gave up on most in this industry as being more interested in making fast money rather than doing better work.

Glen

I recall reading on this forum that you had this get together once to teach others how to do proper table repair. Do you still do that from time to time?

I'd be interested for sure!

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
I recognize that work. Looks a lot like my table. I miss that table.

Attachments

• DSCF2320.jpg
    DSCF2320.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,274

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I think I'm gonna try and do my subrail extension.

What tool do you use to cut the cushion to the correct angle? I mean once you figured out the proper angle and marked it with a pencil or something, what exact tool do you use to cut it? Not a circular saw?!

In fact, what tools would you say are a requirement to have when attempting a subrail extension? I mean other that a screwdriver and the obvious! :)

Glen

HO...NO......you didn't just make that statement......well let's just see how many want to call you a jerk or troll for saying that....LMAO
I agree 100 percent with what you just stated......we both give credit when credit is do.....to whom ever deserves credit.

Mark Gregory