Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Carom Billiards
Reload this Page classic carom training
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
HaiNhi
AzB Silver Member
HaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond reputeHaiNhi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-12-2019, 01:31 AM

Hey Richard. You sold your European table? What table you have in your garage now? How Royal Pro affects libre game?

Thanks for all the links. I'm aiming to increase my series in libre, 1C & 3C as well. But I don't have any specific numbers in mind. I will see after each 3 months how much better, if at all, I get.

Old
  (#17)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 05:20 AM

I still have mine waiting for them to pick it up

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#18)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2019, 11:24 AM

a pretty hard exercise to get your speed control from the muarice daly book
Attached Images

Royal Pro

Last edited by Texas Carom Club; 02-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Old
  (#19)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

02-16-2019, 11:28 AM

nurse exercise
Attached Images

Royal Pro

Old
  (#20)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

03-21-2019, 06:01 PM

hey buddy, 1st 2 videos of this thread i guess are the best ive seen

have amount of hit, and english

they wont be exactly the same but you gotta adjust and feel them to make em
learning the speed is the most critical to these games, speed of hit, amount of follow through, and very precise amount of hit on the second ball are equally critical

Royal Pro

Old
  (#21)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

03-21-2019, 06:07 PM

how could i forgoten this one

alot of gathers shown here, with diagrams and the shot displayed

https://youtu.be/BrJEFVzQcOw?t=1182

Royal Pro

Old
  (#22)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

03-21-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
hey buddy, 1st 2 videos of this thread i guess are the best ive seen

have amount of hit, and english

they wont be exactly the same but you gotta adjust and feel them to make em
learning the speed is the most critical to these games, speed of hit, amount of follow through, and very precise amount of hit on the second ball are equally critical
Even where you hold the cue butt is important!

Royal Pro

Old
  (#23)
kevoka
AzB Silver Member
kevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond reputekevoka has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
Even where you hold the cue butt is important!
And grip.

These have been the biggest revelations for me recently.

Old
  (#24)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

03-22-2019, 09:34 PM

One more piece of advice thats taken me a while to swallow

Many good players have told me don't practice to make runs
Just practice the gathers

Took me a while to understand but i see it now

Unless your going for the 1 cushion challenge, then disregard this

Royal Pro

Old
  (#25)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

03-25-2019, 06:05 PM

for 35 bucks a yr, you can have access to the 54 time swiss champions video training archive

he speaks in french mostly, but has a handful of videos in english, he breaksdown runs and gives you insight on how he plays

https://xaviergretillat.com/videos-commentees/

Royal Pro

Old
  (#26)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

04-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Gert jan just added english subs to his latest 1 cushion exercises vid

One thing he says that i kind of discovered on my own
The fuller hit, less to no english is needed
Because itll rotate naturally

Thinner hit use more english
Havent watched it all yet but that part at the beginning was helpful
Hope it helps some of you

https://youtu.be/ejmi_uVr8gg

Royal Pro

Old
  (#27)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

04-18-2019, 10:15 AM

Gather shot tests thank you jeagle for digging this up
http://wbpb.blogspot.com/?m=1

The days when i sit and do gather shots i will not move to the next one until i can get all 3 balls inside a 1 diamond area, 3 times

Royal Pro

Old
  (#28)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

04-21-2019, 06:54 AM

watching your vid last night, first time i seen your break, thought id share this
yours got to the area, but you want it to hit the long rail on its way to slow it up some

break shot for these games, we try and play position, it can be done, lol if i can you can

the standard break, you want the red ball to stay on that 1/3 portion of the table where you make the point
to do this, its just a half ball hit, driving the red up to around the first diamond on the short then somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd diamond of the long rail, its not a hard hit, use about the same amount of english, want the cue ball to come off right under the 3rd diamond of the long rail as usual

the red will always be down there,

its a tight window but can be done regularly, second photo the cueball is above both object balls for a easy next point

Royal Pro

Last edited by Texas Carom Club; 04-21-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Old
  (#29)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

04-21-2019, 06:59 AM

another option is a 2 rail, which a good player i believe can dial in well
its a little bit more of a half ball hit, no english just some follow on it,

the results can vary alot,

in the second photo though the cueball is behind the white, but makes for a gather shot

Royal Pro

Old
  (#30)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

06-06-2019, 06:45 PM

vietnamese balkline instruction about looking for short table solutions instead of setting up for long table gathers

with english subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-j7ABsGjYg

Royal Pro

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: