I know she’s too young for me
Yo she asked me to the fair
I wish she would ignore me
Hard to pretend not to care
My friends all say she’s skanky
But I dig her armpit hair
And when I get my license
I’m gonna ask her to a picnic yeah.

That’s how you get rid of deflection totally. Recite rehab songs while playing. It should make your aim line straight, no matter how far off center. What?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given that I am still ironing out the details it would be prudent to jump up and bet the farm. I like to play on 4 1/8 pockets or smaller, the more gaffy tight the table is, the better. What if I were female how would I prove myself to such a stranger?

Same way we all have to. Put the balls in holes.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can swoop the cue inward and outward, upwards and down. I can swoop to the left and through the ball swoop back right. All while controlling how long I'm on the ball.

Swooping is a secret?

You'll have to ask BilliardsAbout, he's the guardian of all the Pro Secrets here on AZB

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The world will be a better place if people know of your investigation. Have you considered publishing on Barboxrules.com?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see your view. I wasn't saying the shaft doesn't bend. I am saying that the cueball will take off in a straight line with parallel English. I haven't tested a LD shaft but I imagine it will function the same.

In my view I think the cueball deflects because the cueball leaves the tip while the shaft is bent. My Idea allows the shaft to bend pack at the proper time to send the CB on the shot line.
100% wrong. Why a cueball deflects is no mystery. Its called shaft-end mass. The more mass at the tip end of the shaft the more deflection. LD shafts employ various methods to do ONE thing: reduce shaft-end mass. https://billiards.colostate.edu/faq/squirt/cause/

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Possibly the missing force is added when the shaft rebounding from its flex?

Yes, I can see that. But by the time the shaft rebounds the cb is already gone and can no longer be affected by what the shaft is doing.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's been shown the front end mass is really what matters the most.
The Pred models have already shown that .
Conical taper Pred shaft with smaller tip diameter ( around 11.5 mm or less ) will have less squirt than a standard pro-taper Pred with 12.75mm.
That's why there was a conical craze for a while.

Now you have carbon fiber tubes.

Yes, shaft end mass is the most prominent factor in determining the amount of deflection. That's because all cue shafts have a certain amount of flexibility, so decreasing the end mass is the most effective way to allow it to flex out of the way easier when the cb is struck. However, with two shafts of equal end mass, the shaft with more flexibility (due to a particular wood grain or specific material design) will cause less cb squirt than the shaft with less flexibility. Zero flexibility (which is probably not likely to ever occur) would cause maximum cb deflection/squirt, regardless of shaft end mass.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Given that I am still ironing out the details it would be prudent to jump up and bet the farm. I like to play on 4 1/8 pockets or smaller, the more gaffy tight the table is, the better. What if I were female how would I prove myself to such a stranger?

hmmmmmmmmmm, let me count the ways you can prove your a girlie, girl

Last edited: