No Deflection

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you considered swooping? It's been proven to increase tip contact time but don't tell anyone because it's a secret.

In seventh grade in 1964 "swooping" was the secret name for a BJ.
It was something about which we knew nothing, but needed to appear to talk a good game. No so different from Deflection.

But don't tell anyone because it's a secret.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.

This is simply false. Some hilarious questions:

1). What device are you using to measure tip contact time?

2) how were you able to subvert the human nervous system by being able to detect things in the 0.5-3 ms timing?

Just curious.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.

I can't imagine there is any mystery left to deflection after two or more decades of research. So far you have made some claims without proof, such as the idea that one can change the duration of tip to ball contact significantly, when the average duration of contact is a swift .001 seconds.

You also wrote:
“In my view I think the cueball deflects because the cueball leaves the tip while the shaft is bent. My Idea allows the shaft to bend pack at the proper time to send the CB on the shot line.”

What you ‘think’ is the cause of deflection is incorrect, therefore your entire set assumptions, and anything that follows from them, are also incorrect.

Bob Jewett did an experiment with a 12,000 frames per second camera, and discussed the cause of deflection quite well back in 1999. Since then, manufacturers have taken his explanation to heart, and built a myriad of varieties of low-deflection shafts which all have the quality he defined in 1999.

Also, the tip-to-ball contact duration is .001 seconds. Since the ball leaves the tip faster than the cue is moving, there is no way to change that duration of contact significantly, though a super-slow stroke might make a measurable difference.

I could easily challenge more of your mistaken ideas, but I think this might be a troll, and you appear to have abandoned your own thread, so I won’t bother.

http://www.sfbilliards.com/articles/1999.pdf

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
wait it IS possible..

Even if you could make a shaft out of pure <single crystal> diamond it would still deflect.
Thus, you can't eliminate deflection, all you can do is get used to a certain amount of
deflection and take this into account as you stroke the CB.

All you would have to do is create an inertia-less field around the shaft and ball and then you would have ZERO cueball deflection....lol

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Not correct...

Yes, I can see that. But by the time the shaft rebounds the cb is already gone and can no longer be affected by what the shaft is doing.

The shaft begins its' rebound while maintaining contact otherwise it would be a miscue. It's necessary that it does because as the balls mass begins to pull away from the tip, the force that the ball's mass exerts on the tip is no longer there to prevent the shaft from bending back.

It's not a matter of there being total force, then the ball's gone and there's no force. During contact the force will decrease and the shaft will begin to track backwards in the opposite direction.

Jaden

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't imagine there is any mystery left to deflection after two or more decades of research. So far you have made some claims without proof, such as the idea that one can change the duration of tip to ball contact significantly, when the average duration of contact is a swift .001 seconds.

You also wrote:
“In my view I think the cueball deflects because the cueball leaves the tip while the shaft is bent. My Idea allows the shaft to bend pack at the proper time to send the CB on the shot line.”

What you ‘think’ is the cause of deflection is incorrect, therefore your entire set assumptions, and anything that follows from them, are also incorrect.

Bob Jewett did an experiment with a 12,000 frames per second camera, and discussed the cause of deflection quite well back in 1999. Since then, manufacturers have taken his explanation to heart, and built a myriad of varieties of low-deflection shafts which all have the quality he defined in 1999.

Also, the tip-to-ball contact duration is .001 seconds. Since the ball leaves the tip faster than the cue is moving, there is no way to change that duration of contact significantly, though a super-slow stroke might make a measurable difference.

I could easily challenge more of your mistaken ideas, but I think this might be a troll, and you appear to have abandoned your own thread, so I won’t bother.

http://www.sfbilliards.com/articles/1999.pdf

Who is Bob Jewett I've never heard of that player.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now you see this one-eyed midget
Shouting the word "Now"
And you say, "For what reason?"
And he says, "How?"
And you say, "What does this mean?"
And he screams back "You're a cow
Give me some milk or else go home"
And you know something's happening
But ya' don't know what it is
Do you, Mr. Jones?

Thanks for the wisdom.

nodeflection

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw her at the fruit stand
And she smiled as if to say
I know that you are watching
When Mrs. Jones jerked her away
My cutie waved from the car window
With 1 finger and a grin
And as the car got smaller
All I could think about was sin

I know she’s too young for me
Yo she asked me to the fair
I wish she would ignore me
Hard to pretend not to care
My friends all say she’s skanky
But I dig her armpit hair
And when I get my license
I’m gonna ask her to a picnic yeah.

That’s how you get rid of deflection totally. Recite rehab songs while playing. It should make your aim line straight, no matter how far off center. What?

Summer summer summer time.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I never used to believe that aliens visited us but I'm starting to wonder more lately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk