World famous draw stick ready for close investigation

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue was so unusual that I donated it to Denny Glenn
so that it could be tested or played at the cue hall of fame

Denny tried it,Steve tried it,Jack,myself,Vanover and Jerry Franklin
all experienced its unusual playing characteristics

When i ordered 2 more from Josey he was unaware of anything unusual,just another sneaky pete

I know you guys are funning with me,but I am serious and beginning to get edgy ( we both know that means it is time to turn up the heat)

I am going to receive the cue back this week.maybe Larry or Jake can discover the reason,if it still
works. I wish John Nemic would look at it,he is an engineer and a genius on cues

If it does still work II think you guys deserve video proof,if it doesn't work any more,then perhaps I was wrong
or made the whole thing up so I could look like a raving idiot

However as someone has suggested,this could lead to an opportunity for 10 of you brave souls to send me some money

Honestly Jack Potter was making Libra cues back then and he wanted to clone this thing. I know you guys think Jack is just playing along with me for old times sake,but this is on the square and it was
not an inch or two different.It hit draw masse' shots on medium speed with my stroke

I might make you guys pay for the video if you keep ragging me

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

When i ordered 2 more from Josey he was unaware of anything unusual,just another sneaky pete

I know you guys are funning with me,but I am serious and beginning to get edgy ( we both know that means it is time to turn up the heat)

I am going to receive the cue back this week.maybe Larry or Jake can discover the reason,if it still
works. I wish John Nemic would look at it,he is an engineer and a genius on cues

If it does still work II think you guys deserve video proof,if it doesn't work any more,then perhaps I was wrong

However as someone has suggested,this could lead to an opportunity for 10 of you brave souls to send me some money

Honestly Jack Potter was making Libra cues back then and he wanted to clone this thing. I know you guys think Jack is just playing along with me for old times sake,but this is on the square and it was
not an inch or two different.It hit draw masse' shots on medium speed with my stroke

It might be impossible to duplicate, Dean.....wood is a living thing.
A wood’s characteristic might come from where it grew in the forest....
...or how cold the winter was....or how much wind was making it sway.

I had some great playing cues but I was always looking for one that would hit better.
...probably why carbon fiber doesn’t make me excited....it’s probably consistent....
...like modern composite balls...but some ivory balls you could do magic.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember the old umbrella shot that was easy with Ivory balls

This Draw cue produced stuff like that

there is a crack in the butt now,but dennissays the cue
is still magic

I hope so,I will get the last word on all you guys

I am happy to say ,my yankees are in the playoffs

if we get to the series I am going to buy a TV,
if not I am probably better off without

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember the old umbrella shot that was easy with Ivory balls

This Draw cue produced stuff like that

there is a crack in the butt now,but dennissays the cue
is still magic

I hope so,I will get the last word on all you guys

I am happy to say ,my yankees are in the playoffs

if we get to the series I am going to buy a TV,
if not I am probably better off without

Put the shaft on some different butts and see if you get the same action, if you do you have isolated it to something with the shaft!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is the first thing we plan to do

send your address for a signed Tom and Jerry colored pool picture

consider it a gift
unless you really don't want it

it is nice in my opinion but i am trying to get out

have two nice pool pictures ,framed for $125 each

one a disney buggs bunny shooting pool

the other is a poster art clown

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I had a Meucci 333 back in the day that moved the cueball better than anything I've played with since.

And yes, some of us are funning you.:thumbup:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,
-- Have you not considered that something is unusual about the tip's material, or the adhesive used in bonding the tip to the ferrule?

-- Also, be sure to have someone post a video showing the cue's uncanny performance, preferably showing several different players getting amazing results with it.

Arnaldo

And we have a winner.

:clapping:

I once posted this once a long time ago and people just didn't believe it.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I think I've got it

maybe we can duplicate the formula

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 10.52.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 10.52.52 PM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 529

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is the first thing we plan to do

send your address for a signed Tom and Jerry colored pool picture

consider it a gift
unless you really don't want it

it is nice in my opinion but i am trying to get out

have two nice pool pictures ,framed for $125 each

one a disney buggs bunny shooting pool

the other is a poster art clown
Although I don't have any pool related art, and I would love it, let me post some art I do have that you make like in trade(for either yourself or someone you know), I'd rather trade something than you just give it to me. I'll drop you a message this week if time permits. Hope you are well and looking forward to seeing the results from Larry.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean, is it possible that you guys just happened on a freshly waxed CB? If someone used something similar to Johnson’s Paste Wax that would for sure increase the draw significantly.

Is that how The Rotation Master does that Monstor Draw in the beginning of his videos???

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kimber

Once you fire a Kimber, its all downhill from there. Anyway, there is absolutely nothing about a CB ferrule (it would be more helpful if we knew what the exact material was) that is going to get you more draw. By any chance is the tip 10mm?

No idea of current Kimbers. They went big and went to crap many years ago. I looked at a few at dealers and was very very unimpressed. Anybody that has shot a Hubilt 1911 would throw rocks at a Kimber!

I handled a couple of bullseye 1911's that a young man's father had shot with. The smith's name didn't ring a bell and I have forgotten it. They were different designs but both reminded me of precision machine equipment. By far the nicest 1911's I have ever handled and that included mine and most "name" smiths from 10-20 years ago. I was extremely disappointed handling some big name guns. Wilson built a 1911 that they knew was to be a carry gun for a cop. That piece of crap wouldn't even feed hardball.

Back to magic cues!

Hu

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that how The Rotation Master does that Monstor Draw in the beginning of his videos???[

I’m not sure about the Rotation Master, but I remember waxing CB’s with Johnson’s hardwood floor wax when I was a kid and it sure made for awesome draw shots. The downside to a super slick cue ball was that it was dead on the rails, so these days I just stick to the ball polisher products.

Last edited:

BJK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of this long before the advent of Kamui tips and chalk. Interesting.

But, does it hit a ton? :D

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No idea of current Kimbers. They went big and went to crap many years ago. I looked at a few at dealers and was very very unimpressed. Anybody that has shot a Hubilt 1911 would throw rocks at a Kimber!

I handled a couple of bullseye 1911's that a young man's father had shot with. The smith's name didn't ring a bell and I have forgotten it. They were different designs but both reminded me of precision machine equipment. By far the nicest 1911's I have ever handled and that included mine and most "name" smiths from 10-20 years ago. I was extremely disappointed handling some big name guns. Wilson built a 1911 that they knew was to be a carry gun for a cop. That piece of crap wouldn't even feed hardball.

Back to magic cues!

Hu

Yeah so a quick look at the 1911 forums shows me how wrong you and RimJob are. I thought so, but I had to check.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of this long before the advent of Kamui tips and chalk. Interesting.

But, does it hit a ton? :D

Hits 2 tons.

It also changes the oil in your car, washes your dishes, runs the vacuum, and feeds the dog.

That cue is MAGIC. :thumbup:

giphy.gif

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe Dean.

If you have been around pool halls your whole life you will have held a huge, wide variety of cues in your hands over the years and know that some are just "different" than others.

I myself have written about a particular cue I owned that played well because of its wrap. I have held cues in my hand that seemed to float. I have held cues in my hands that put ungodly amounts of spin on the ball (and the scientists can go pound sand). And I have held cues in my hands that felt dead -- like a corpse.

So I have no trouble believing Dean. If you've been around... you know.

Lou Figueroa

I tend to lean your way here Lou. I have held cues, knowing their specs, that "felt" completely different than they should have, IMO. Some amazed me with the way the played, and others...not so much. Hard to always pinpoint why, sometimes they just do. ;)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the cue shipped? Just wondering if it will be a day before you receive it or more like a year in cuemaker time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Would a snooker cue have to hit a tonne?

pj <- doesn't seem fair
chgo

What’s unfair about that?.....a snooker table is 12 feet long....and heavier cloth.
...therefore a snooker cue should hit a long ton....which is 2200 lbs and change