Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Please refund the money you owe!!
Page 10 of 16 « First 8910 1112 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#136)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-06-2019, 03:44 PM

What business that has deposits in hand for anything it has in production can't come up with a refund immediately? There isn't a ton of material cost in a pool cue. When vendors I deal with start paying operating costs with my payments instead of paying for raw material to make the parts they owe me I assume they are in deep financial trouble and we need to take action.

Maybe being that anomaly that has a regular job and cash flow clouds my thinking but I'd be worried about ever seeing that money if it isn't available today.

Then again, I am not in the cue world as a builder or customer really si I guess we'll all just wait to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#137)
BSummersCues
AzB Silver Member
BSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-06-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy59 View Post
Good point as I was wondering the same thing. I know cue makers that would never let things go out the door with those issues.
Well I really didnt care I was over dealing with the guy being questioned every other day from the beginning of the build. Believe me this is not his first fallen out with cuemaker. I've had a few different builders contact me that put up with same stuff. Then have to hear this at least once a week that his wife was on his ass when is the cue going to be done. He said he understood everything takes time but apparently she didnt and neither does he. I am very picky to details unless you pressure me to get something done without letting me do my thing with the hobby. My heart has to be into it because it is a passion not a career. Which is why I will no longer take on orders at all. I have a few left to do and these guys are great. They dont rush me or question me they tell me to take my time. Besides that I'm my own boss when it comes to building the cues. No one should be rushed when trying to do their best work on something they take pride in to deliver to someone to enjoy for the life of the cue. I might only build a couple cues a year from here out if that. Not because of this but I dont need to I have to want to. It's been a fun trade to learn and I really appreciate all the guys and gals that have followed my work through the few years. Thanks for supporting my work!

Old
  (#138)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 03-06-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
Interesting to see the people who will jump all over the OP for this. He buys a product, it does not meet his expectations, he wants a refund, refund is agreed to....but on the makers timeline.

Unless this return policy was discussed before the transaction, I can't imagine many people would be happy with a refund only when it is convenient for the seller. As I understand, the cue maker has 1. the original cue, 2. the buyer's money, and 3. the buyers jewelry. And folks on here are busting the OP's balls. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
There is very little in common between an insurance company and a cuemaker. So little, I don't see how one can be measured against the other
Finally, voices of reason. A++
I was beginning to wonder what is going on here - Is there a “mafia vendors” cartel ganging up on the buyer?
Geez, I don’t fcuking care if OP buyer cannot write properly or told his story late. He is shouting all over place because he is angry and has not got his refund fast. He may sound crazy but he is not wrong. Why is vendor taking his sweet time to refund money on stuff that is not delivered? This is not a mega construction project where vendor needs 1000 approvals before refund can be released. Obviously, there should be heat on the vendor NOT the buyer in this case.
Another poster said earlier he will post about another vendor depending on this thread. I doubt he will now looking at how buyer gets treated.

Old
  (#139)
raistlinsdragon
AzB Silver Member
raistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSummersCues View Post
Well I really didnt care I was over dealing with the guy being questioned every other day from the beginning of the build. Believe me this is not his first fallen out with cuemaker. I've had a few different builders contact me that put up with same stuff. Then have to hear this at least once a week that his wife was on his ass when is the cue going to be done. He said he understood everything takes time but apparently she didnt and neither does he. I am very picky to details unless you pressure me to get something done without letting me do my thing with the hobby. My heart has to be into it because it is a passion not a career. Which is why I will no longer take on orders at all. I have a few left to do and these guys are great. They dont rush me or question me they tell me to take my time. Besides that I'm my own boss when it comes to building the cues. No one should be rushed when trying to do their best work on something they take pride in to deliver to someone to enjoy for the life of the cue. I might only build a couple cues a year from here out if that. Not because of this but I dont need to I have to want to. It's been a fun trade to learn and I really appreciate all the guys and gals that have followed my work through the few years. Thanks for supporting my work!
Brent You do nice work, why not just sell the cue and pay him off. And get this shit over.

Old
  (#140)
Poolfiend
AzB Silver Member

Poolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
This response might be ok if you hadn't already been paid in full and agreed on an approximate timeframe for completing the cue. However, it now appears that you accepted full payment for the cue and you provided the purchaser with an expected completion date, which was way overdue. Then you shipped him a product that, by your own admission, was clearly unsatisfactory. The purchaser requested a refund, which you should have expected, and now you're asking him to be patient and wait 45 days to get his money back. If I was in the OP's position I would also have a hard time trusting you at this point.

Old
  (#141)
BSummersCues
AzB Silver Member
BSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond reputeBSummersCues has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Poolfriend

The time frame was made before the extra shafts were added, extension handle, jps, and jump break. If you knew what you were talking about your opinion. Might have mattered to me. Thanks

Old
  (#142)
Jon Manning
AzB Silver Member
Jon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond reputeJon Manning has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Well... Interesting first sentence. That pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

I wish you and the OP the best, hope it all works out.

JCM

Old
  (#143)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy59 View Post
Actually from what I've been told...there are three sides to every story: Your's, Their's and the Truth.
I think you hit the nail on the head here. We are only hearing what each of these guys wants to reveal, one layer at a time. The truth may lie a little deeper and have a lot more to do with respect or lack of it and their emotional response to how the other guy communicated with them. Have you ever noticed that when you piss somebody off that you're dealing with, things tend to get worse and not better?

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 03-06-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Old
  (#144)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 06:19 AM

Wow, so much changed thru out this thread, I would like to take this opportunity to amend my own words. First off the wrongful words I posted have been eliminated. My words, I posted them but I will say that I waited 24 hours from the OP’s first post before I posted, after I posted, the OP edited.

Had the OP stated up front that he had been self employed for 65 years, I would not have assumed he was a teenager with photoshop skills. I assume the OP is around 67 years old, started young like make of us, LOL.

In the end, I wronged the OP no matter how it happened.

Now for Brent Summers, I have no words for you, you are beyond words at this time.

For ANYONE who wants to run a business, NEVER sell anything you cant back up, if you don’t have money to refund, stay at your job and enjoy Pool.

Thanks for reading.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#145)
Poolfiend
AzB Silver Member

Poolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond reputePoolfiend has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Poolfriend

The time frame was made before the extra shafts were added, extension handle, jps, and jump break. If you knew what you were talking about your opinion. Might have mattered to me. Thanks
Oh ok, got it. So that justifies sending the purchaser a cue that you knew was unfinished?

Old
  (#146)
raistlinsdragon
AzB Silver Member
raistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolfiend View Post
Oh ok, got it. So that justifies sending the purchaser a cue that you knew was unfinished?
I still say, Brent sell the cue and pay the man now.

Old
  (#147)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 08:46 AM

It'll sell
Plenty of cue addicts
That bit about it being custom and only appealing to the buyer i dont buy one bit

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#148)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 10:41 AM

I'm a little slow - did the op trade some jewelry for a cue and now wants a cash refund for the cue?

If so I'd have that jewelry appraised before I sent cash - or just return the jewelry. It is pretty standard for a huge mark up on jewelry.

Old
  (#149)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

03-07-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
I'm a little slow - did the op trade some jewelry for a cue and now wants a cash refund for the cue?

If so I'd have that jewelry appraised before I sent cash - or just return the jewelry. It is pretty standard for a huge mark up on jewelry.
my take is that apprx 1600 cash + apprx 1200 jewelry.....the cost basis of latter wasn't specified

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#150)
BasementDweller
AzB Silver Member
BasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond reputeBasementDweller has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2019, 12:16 PM

If the money is gone there's a pretty good chance that someone nobody knows is wearing the jewelry.

Page 10 of 16 « First 8910 1112 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: