Home room house cues.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
We've seen the high dollar works of art. Let's see what the guests have to pick from when they stop by cueless. About half of mine are Vikings, not because I think they are superior to others but I had a few early on, they can be had pretty cheap if you are patient with Ebay and sticking with them let's me mix and match shafts at will. I have a player or two that I keep in the case mostly but will play off the left side of my wall when at home most of the time.

L to R: Joss Thor Hammer Breaker, Viking w/12.5 Vikore, Viking with 12.5 ExactShot X2 (weird look but nice feel), Viking w/ Jacoby Edge Hybrid( my favorite), Viking w/Predator 314-3, Viking Sunburst w/Vspin, Rolling Rock Beer cue, no name $50 2-pc cue (those last two play surprisingly nice), Players 2-pc (crap), 2× Lucasi 1-pc, 25 oz no name 2-pc breaker for fun.
ffeac89d5ef89e721bdcc3d26c4d256d.jpg
83ad9466550285eac1b3aa0f65891ad1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dufferin

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guests that bring danish can use the Cuetecs. These are signed Earl Cues ...and maybe an Alison Fisher. I'm expecting a large return on them someday. I'm hoping PT109 is looking for CueTec originals. These cues are straight ...no knicks, NO WOOD. They are for real. 1998 Vintage

Attachments

• E5E4A600-0C66-4841-858B-F4952552A524.jpg
    E5E4A600-0C66-4841-858B-F4952552A524.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cant load photos

3, willie hoppe titlist, 1, 2 veneered butterfly brunswick, 1 pearl wedge brunswick.

I bought them all to make conversions, but all are in great shape and straight. So I'm not going to cut them. They are in cue rack for guest to use.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Guests that bring danish can use the Cuetecs. These are signed Earl Cues ...and maybe an Alison Fisher. I'm expecting a large return on them someday. I'm hoping PT109 is looking for CueTec originals. These cues are straight ...no knicks, NO WOOD. They are for real. 1998 Vintage

They can’t be Earl cues....I don’t see no stinkin’ ear muffs.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a former guest whacked my light doing the infamous Ram Shot break, dinging a LD shaft the only cues available are Chinese crappers. And no, he has not been allowed back.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
After a former guest whacked my light doing the infamous Ram Shot break, dinging a LD shaft the only cues available are Chinese crappers. And no, he has not been allowed back.
I do direct certain guests to the right side of my rack. My light has taken a few casualties as well and my ceiling has it's share of blue chalk dots.

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure if said guest really cares about it, that they will bring their own. Otherwise anything remotely nice is in a cue case on top of a very tall cabinet.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
For "house"cues I have a few Schmelke sneakies, in a variety of shaft tapers... plus a few older production cues (Dufferin, McDermott, Falcon)

Dave

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
McDermott Lucky cues with G-Core shafts are what you get here if you don't bring your own.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do direct certain guests to the right side of my rack. My light has taken a few casualties as well and my ceiling has it's share of blue chalk dots.

“We’ve got a pool and a pond, I think the pond would be better for you.”

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! You guys have real nice house cues. I just have a few Brunswick Tru-Balance one piece cues, a couple of Player sneakies, and a couple of antiques from the old pool hall where I grew up. My player is a 2018 Runde, and occasionally an old D series McDermott. Those house cues have already been dinged up by inexperienced players who want to throw body English and smack my light, so glad I don’t have any expensive ones on the rack.
89e8e92792f040e7bf108e11220796c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member

Lol, I know how that goes. I'm a bit more forgiving. I have a shop light essentially over my table. It sits pretty low. I put a little ninja character toy on top of the light. Ninja only stands about 3/4" tall. I tell new people, if you knock him over 3x, you'll probably be told to leave.

My house cues are absolute garbage. I paid $20 for 4 with a rack at a garage sale. I should get one or two that are decent. Mostly I get two types of player, one doesn't have a clue how to play, think kids , or I have people who are players that usually come over with their own cue.

I need a few beat up Dufferins that are straight w a good tip.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally when I first moved into my current place three years ago, I spent $135 to get a 6-cue bundle that were all two-piece cues, had stainless joint collars, layered tips and a different color stain for each weight. These were specifically purchased for guests to use...well fast forward to present day--now all my guests have a great selection of cues to choose from, which shows them the wide array of differences and preferences in looks, tips, shaft constructions, diameters, weights, hit/feedback, lengths, joint types, wrap materials, etc.

7 - Players/PureX (6 w/ matching shafts but various tips, 1 w/ 30" Predator Z3 S-Tuned)

3 - Vikings (2 w/ stock Vikore shafts at 13mm Tiger Everest, 1 w/ 12.5mm Kamui Black-M tip on Vikore)

2 - McDermotts (one custom 31" @ 12.5mm Kamui Tan-M, the new iPro Slim 12mm w/ black ferrule...but changed out crap Navigator to a basic Triangle tip)

1 - Predator (Sport white w/ 11.75mm conical Z3 shaft, Pred Victory-M tip)

1 - Pechauer (green JP series w/ maple 13mm shaft, tip changed to Tiger Emerald)

1- Lucasi Hybrid Fusion (sport rubber grip w/ 11.75mm Lucasi Slim, tip upgrade to Kamui Black-M Clear)

1- Cuetec (have current and my original Earl Strickland butt from mid-90s first cue ever!, both use R360 shaft w/ stock Tiger Everest tip)

Also have a few others laying around that can be used as well.

My personal shooter-cue rack holds my Mezz (x3), Meuccis (x4), a McDermott and a JOSS...these are my babies!

Having trouble posting pictures at the moment...just went downstairs to take them, but my old way of using Tiny Pic.com is no longer in service, and the manage attachments keeps failing to upload, but only the .jpeg files that I just shot. Will figure out and get up soon.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having trouble posting pictures at the moment...just went downstairs to take them, but my old way of using Tiny Pic.com is no longer in service, and the manage attachments keeps failing to upload, but only the .jpeg files that I just shot. Will figure out and get up soon.

Try downloading the Tapatalk app. Very easy to upload pics to any forum. Currently I’m having the same issues with Internet forums “Manage Attachments” as you, the pics just never show as available, so when I want to post a pic I just open the Tapatalk app.