Little Ko is new World #1

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little Ko (Ko Ping Chung) pips Joshua Filler to end this year as new WPA World #1.
They both won a major each this year but Filler’s early exit in last 64 (while Ko was semi finalist) in World 9 Ball (W9B) cos him #1 spot.
Shane drops to #3 from #2. Newly crowned World 9 ball champion, teenager Fedor Gorst jumps into top 10 after biggest win of his career.
Kazakis and Biado drops out of top 10. Alex moves into top 10 after strong quarterfinal finish at W9B
https://wpapool.com/ranking/
:D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Congrats to Ko Ping Chung. Gold at the World 10-ball Championship followed by bronze at the World 9-ball Championships is a truly remarkable achievement. Well played.

I'm proud that he appears in my AZB avatar!

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little Ko (Ko Ping Chung) pips Joshua Filler to end this year as new WPA World #1.
They both won a major each this year but Filler’s early exit in last 64 (while Ko was semi finalist) in World 9 Ball (W9B) cos him #1 spot.
Shane drops to #3 from #2. Newly crowned World 9 ball champion, teenager Fedor Gorst jumps into top 10 after biggest win of his career.
Kazakis and Biado drops out of top 10. Alex moves into top 10 after strong quarterfinal finish at W9B
https://wpapool.com/ranking/
:D
World #1 at the end of the year = Invitation to World Pool Masters.
That is how Kazakis got in last year.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope all the Taiwan and Chinese guys show up to DCC.

They would have to hit the action room for the trip to be worthwhile.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isn't going to happen but I'd like to see that list if they banned jump cues for a year.

I watched a lot of the world 9 ball recently and the best way to beat some of those guys is to play safe in an area where they can't use the jump cue and are forced to kick.

I recently pulled out an old accustats video of Efren vs Brandon Shuff in the DCC 2010 fatboy 10 ball challenge. The was one sequence where Brandon tried to 3 foul Efren. First shot Efren took a foul and tied up balls. Second shot Efren took a foul and tied up balls again. Third shot Efren kicked 2 rails and left Brandon safe.

That's a skill a lot of the younger guys don't possess and for me it's a lot more entertaining to watch.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also- I rewatched Ko vs Filler world 10 ball. Filler didn't miss a single shot. Ko started out a bit sloppy but really pulled it together in the end. Good for him taking #1.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It isn't going to happen but I'd like to see that list if they banned jump cues for a year.

I watched a lot of the world 9 ball recently and the best way to beat some of those guys is to play safe in an area where they can't use the jump cue and are forced to kick.

I recently pulled out an old accustats video of Efren vs Brandon Shuff in the DCC 2010 fatboy 10 ball challenge. The was one sequence where Brandon tried to 3 foul Efren. First shot Efren took a foul and tied up balls. Second shot Efren took a foul and tied up balls again. Third shot Efren kicked 2 rails and left Brandon safe.

That's a skill a lot of the younger guys don't possess and for me it's a lot more entertaining to watch.

Amen, brother. On the bright side, Derby City doesn't allow jump cues, one of many reasons it's a fantastic event.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Also- I rewatched Ko vs Filler world 10 ball. Filler didn't miss a single shot. Ko started out a bit sloppy but really pulled it together in the end. Good for him taking #1.

Filler missed twice in that match -- a 2/4 combo cross-side bank in Game 7 and a 9/10 combo in Game 13.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They really should use 2 years' worth of event results, especially when so few events are included.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
good point but...

They really should use 2 years' worth of event results, especially when so few events are included.

Skip, your point does have merit, stats are easy to skew as it is. However, that is more exciting for fans and no doubt keeps the players it matters to on their toes! I used to compete in a series of 600 point shooting matches. Pretty much everybody in Master class was shooting over 590, maybe a half-dozen over 595, so we knew one major mistake or one major equipment malfunction could make us spend most of the season trying to recover ranking. The pressure was on every time we stepped up to the line!

Hu

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko "young" brother, is the best player in the world in my opinion, right now he is! even in Qatar WCC he lost even though he didn't miss anything in that match, if I remember correctly, his breaks weren't working.

I just want to know, what kind of shaft is he using, if someone knows out there, let me know.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko "young" brother, is the best player in the world in my opinion, right now he is! even in Qatar WCC he lost even though he didn't miss anything in that match, if I remember correctly, his breaks weren't working.

I just want to know, what kind of shaft is he using, if someone knows out there, let me know.
He is sponsored by Predator, right?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is sponsored by Predator, right?

Nop, he is sponsored by multi-companies, one of them is fury, but I can't find his name in their website, so maybe he using some other fury products, or maybe he is using their cues, but I don't know for sure.

I just want to know his shaft of preference, if its a fury, which one.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... even in Qatar WCC he lost even though he didn't miss anything in that match, if I remember correctly, his breaks weren't working. ...

In Ko P-C's match with Gorst two days ago:

• He broke successfully 8 out of 9 times. He made a ball on the other break but scratched.

• He missed several times:
  • - the 2-ball in Game 2;
    - the 4 ball in Game 4 on a cross-corner bank with a jump cue after hooking himself;
    - the 5-ball in Game 8 with a jump cue after hooking himself;
    - the 2-ball in Game 10 with a jump cue after hooking himself; and
    - the 2-ball in Game 12.

• He fouled 5 times, all followed by Gorst running out.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Ko P-C's match with Gorst two days ago:

• He broke successfully 8 out of 9 times. He made a ball on the other break but scratched.

• He missed several times:
  • - the 2-ball in Game 2;
    - the 4 ball in Game 4 on a cross-corner bank with a jump cue after hooking himself;
    - the 5-ball in Game 8 with a jump cue after hooking himself;
    - the 2-ball in Game 10 with a jump cue after hooking himself; and
    - the 2-ball in Game 12.

• He fouled 5 times, all followed by Gorst running out.

Nice statistics, no wonder he lost that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk