Chinese knockoff shaft?

Toxis

Registered
Yes I’m sure this will get flamed but has anyone seen these Chinese brand Preoaidr on eBay? Carbon shaft, uniloc for under $100 shipped. Yes I’m sure it’s utter garbage compared to my Revo 12.4 but how garbage is it? I want a backup shaft on the fluke case something happens and I gotta get through the night (and not shoot with my breaker). I wanted a 314 but only wanted to spend $100 (thanks for taking my money and not shipping my shaft Jmidas). Again, not wanting to spend quality shaft money, just in a pinch situation.

Discuss.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Yeah I saw those too. Firstly, their delivery time is 1~3 months. Then if you look at the item description, it shows that the internals are maple. I have doubts if this is even carbon fiber at all. It could be just black graphite/fiberglass or some kind of hard plastic sleeve. They post nice pictures though. :killingme:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I’m sure this will get flamed but has anyone seen these Chinese brand Preoaidr on eBay? Carbon shaft, uniloc for under $100 shipped. Yes I’m sure it’s utter garbage compared to my Revo 12.4 but how garbage is it? I want a backup shaft on the fluke case something happens and I gotta get through the night (and not shoot with my breaker). I wanted a 314 but only wanted to spend $100 (thanks for taking my money and not shipping my shaft Jmidas). Again, not wanting to spend quality shaft money, just in a pinch situation.

Discuss.
Knock-off pos. All that Preoaidr(?) stuff is pure crap.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have ever seen chinese" leather " products that are not really leather- this is the same concept with their "CF" shafts- ONLY from a distance could they seem to be the real deal. The internet is great at providing distance from reality.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Discuss.

I watched the info on these shafts, and it appears they have a maple (which they claim is Canadian, but I wouldn't bet on it) core and a thin layer of carbon fiber on the outside. This a similar construction to the old Cuetecs with fiber glass, and I'd expect about the same performance. There will be normal deflection and not much increase in power or anything else. If you look at the high performance shafts they are either migh modulus hollow carbon fiber (with some sort of foam inside), or they are wood with a carbon fiber core (like Mezz). These Poinos (lol) and Preoaidr (even more lol) are basically 90's and early 2000s technology with the appearance of high tech.

Go to your pool hall and maybe someone has an old 314 or maybe some sort of OB shaft that is used, for sale. Or buy a PureX HXT cue. A little more than 100 dollars but better than some jazzed up Cuetec from the 90s.

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ozone makes an aftermarket shaft with LD technology "not really expensive to do" with a foam core towards the end of the shaft and solid maple otherwise. It's called the O3 and It runs less than 60$ most of the time. I've been fairly impressed with mine. Will it out shoot a predator or mezz? Not in my opinion but i think they're better than a g-core, HXT or other such shaft. They'll turn it down for a fee, had mine turned to 12.25 and it plays great. Tip is on the hard side which I like. The wood they use is ok although you wouldn't mistake it for any shaft that retails for 300+. The only problem is that i've only seen it with 5/16 x14 threads and i'm not sure if they'll have others available or not. I still use my wx700 for most of my playing mind you, but it's like 5x the price so... Regardless of some folks feelings for the company, I feel it's a solid shaft for the price

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Chinese and other Asian Countries do very good at copying things to look the same. They are in the counterfitting business.

Recall years ago I at this Gun Show were the AZ Cardinals play, this guy is selling what appearst to be Micro-Tech Utlra-Tech OTF Knives.

Price is like under $100.00 for what should sell for over $300.00 any place, is this a deal I say to myself?

After looking at the Box, Warranty Cards and Knives everything look like the real deal. I wonder over to another vendor who I know sell the real deal. After close look, I returned to the guy who is sell the deals.

Two tells are the release button is not machine, and high quality. It is MIM Metal Injected Molded. The second tell is serial number is in wrong place. Also the best joke was the Counterfits all had the same serial number.

I sure the counterfitters sold some of the fakes, went home with a pocket full of money.

Guess the old saying is true, it it looks too be too good a deal, be careful what you buy.

E-bay is notorious for selling knock offs of thing that are just subpar.

E-bat try to police E-bay but they are no the experts on know about everything that is listed for sale.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably the same shaft meucci is using. This carbon fiber(graphite is the same thing by the way) is a joke 20 years ago you could only get carbon fiber aka graphite shafting on a 20$ Kmart cue. Marketing at its best or worst...lol (depending how you look at it) and all the suckers are paying 500$ for it thinking it will improve their game...or quality of equipment. Meanwhile company's profit margins have increased 3fold by selling inferior cheap product ...marketed as the latest and greatest. Of course pros use it...they are paid to do so

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 of them last week. I'm going to cut one open and see exactly what it is. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that it is not maple all the way down.

I ordered them both off of AliExpress for $120 total (using Ali's voucher program), no telling when they'll arrive, but they will. There is a review on there that shows a picture of it and a buyer describes it as having a maple core only for the pin (which might be worse).

EDIT: Pfff, just went to check the price and each is $5 cheaper (could of been $110 total).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably the same shaft meucci is using. This carbon fiber(graphite is the same thing by the way) is a joke 20 years ago you could only get carbon fiber aka graphite shafting on a 20$ Kmart cue. Marketing at its best or worst...lol (depending how you look at it) and all the suckers are paying 500$ for it thinking it will improve their game...or quality of equipment. Meanwhile company's profit margins have increased 3fold by selling inferior cheap product ...marketed as the latest and greatest. Of course pros use it...they are paid to do so
Nothing like what Meucci uses. Predoair stuff is junk. CF cues today are nothing like the fiberglass/graphite from 20yrs ago. Prices are too high i agree but that's not stopping demand. Look at how many co's. are offering them. They're here to stay.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sad.
What's pretty sad? Have you played with any of the current cf shafts? I've tried about 5-6 and must say they do play great. I like the Cynergy and Revo 12.9 the best. I like my Mezz wood with carbon core shaft a lot so i'm not looking at one but they are fine playing shafts. I don't know why so many that have never hit one choose to keep knocking them.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your jumping to conclusions. Played jacoby. Its Ok. Played cutec it's not as good as jacobys. They are good for under 200. Thats about it. Imo. If you know anything about cf it has its own set of issues and drawbacks...that I won't get into. Bottom line is they aren't as good as wood shafts. They spend all this R And D to get an inferior product to play and feel like wood. And it falls short on all levels. And they hype up the marketing and charge premium prices. Sad thing is people fall for it then they are stuck selling their Revolution shaft for half what they paid in two weeks time

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your jumping to conclusions. Played jacoby. Its Ok. Played cutec it's not as good as jacobys. They are good for under 200. Thats about it. Imo. If you know anything about cf it has its own set of issues and drawbacks...that I won't get into. Bottom line is they aren't as good as wood shafts. They spend all this R And D to get an inferior product to play and feel like wood. And it falls short on all levels. And they hype up the marketing and charge premium prices. Sad thing is people fall for it then they are stuck selling their Revolution shaft for half what they paid in two weeks time

Well actually, that’s just like your opinion,, man. Revo’s play great. They don’t warp, scratch or dent, and they clean with a damp cloth. They’re also consistent from shaft to shaft. I love playing with wood shafts too, but I there’s no way I’m going to deny the facts so obviously starring me in the face.

Toxis

Registered
Well as the OP, I ended up snagging a 314-3 off eBay for pretty cheap. $175. Little more than I wanted to spend but it’s damn near new and plays fantastic.

For anyone wondering, deflection and action seem almost identical between the 314-3 and the Revo. They feel different in the hand and how it hits. I’m sticking with Revo so I don’t have to deal with cleaning and knicks. Love the 314-3 tho. Seriously impressed!

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I ordered 2 of them last week. I'm going to cut one open and see exactly what it is. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that it is not maple all the way down.

I ordered them both off of AliExpress for $120 total (using Ali's voucher program), no telling when they'll arrive, but they will. There is a review on there that shows a picture of it and a buyer describes it as having a maple core only for the pin (which might be worse).

EDIT: Pfff, just went to check the price and each is $5 cheaper (could of been $110 total).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Well, I based my assessment on the pictures and descriptions, although they were vague and lacking. I suppose, if they're hollow, that they could have decent ld performance, but I doubt it. Looking forward to your post.:)

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do scratch. Run it down a edge. Lol. It will splinter into a hundred pieces get a flaw in the carbon and it's toast. They might play good...but they still have drawbacks. And they don't play or hit ANY better than any other Ld shafts. I got shafts that are over 30 yrs old still strait still good. And I think they were old barcue stock turned down. For about 25$. Not LD..but they been around 30 years...I'm sure they will be fine in another 30. To each they're own I guess. Carbon is cool looking on certain cues. But as far as playing better than anything else or being more durable than wood. They arent. Some guys would be better off spending 500 on lessons.

mikegeorge

Registered
I ordered one months ago, my Paypal account was charged, but I never received an acknowledgement of my order. I filed a dispute with Paypal and received my money back. Guess what came in the mail yesterday, my shaft. I bought it for use as a break shaft. In the mean time I bought a purple heart break cue with purple heart shaft. I never received any indication that it was really on order.