My theory is aiming means nothing...

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes there are people that you just truly do not like, or ever want to associate with again. Sometimes giving them a rematch means you have to waste a little more of your life with a person that you really truly do not ever want to spend another moment around. I am assuming this is the case for each John B and Lou F. I know if the ex wife wanted a rematch in our divorce I would never fall for that shit...regardless of how much I lost.

Lou has bragging rights, he won. John has enough money that it didn't hurt him. Lou seems to be a bit of a bad winner, and John seems to have an amount of sore loser in him. Either way, you guys aren't going to play again.

Hard to say I would ever be so mad at someone I would start betting with someone else's talent.

One of you guys needs to give in and put the other on ignore. It's stale. It's fruitless, pointless and silly.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been following the JB/Lou saga for a long time. From my perspective, Lou has been a perfect sportsman who has had to defend himself from a barrage of complete BS. Sometimes a guy has to get tough when his adversary doesn't know when to walk away. I've been pushed into situations where I had to act outside of my general character in order to set things right. No different here.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Play for Pride the money isn't it.

Sometimes there are people that you just truly do not like, or ever want to associate with again. Sometimes giving them a rematch means you have to waste a little more of your life with a person that you really truly do not ever want to spend another moment around. I am assuming this is the case for each John B and Lou F. I know if the ex wife wanted a rematch in our divorce I would never fall for that shit...regardless of how much I lost.

Lou has bragging rights, he won. John has enough money that it didn't hurt him. Lou seems to be a bit of a bad winner, and John seems to have an amount of sore loser in him. Either way, you guys aren't going to play again.

Hard to say I would ever be so mad at someone I would start betting with someone else's talent.

One of you guys needs to give in and put the other on ignore. It's stale. It's fruitless, pointless and silly.

I've been following the JB/Lou saga for a long time. From my perspective, Lou has been a perfect sportsman who has had to defend himself from a barrage of complete BS. Sometimes a guy has to get tough when his adversary doesn't know when to walk away. I've been pushed into situations where I had to act outside of my general character in order to set things right. No different here.

Racky BallBoa

Registered
I miss most of my shots when a fleeting, negative thought enters my mind, just a second or two of doubt. For me, the game is so psychological. This thread mentioned Mosconi's book a few times, I have to say, as a new player, that back in the 60s when information about pool was scarce, Mosconi's little red book really helped me out a lot, it gave me an edge over newer players who didn't read the book.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is fantastic. The jawing between the two of you is legendary... Appreciate the entertainment as always.

Cheers to whoever revived this 7+ year old aiming thread. It always brings out the best in people!

I guess it depends on whether you're up in the seats or down on the Coliseum floor.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

...and occasionally a little funny.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bless you.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss most of my shots when a fleeting, negative thought enters my mind, just a second or two of doubt. For me, the game is so psychological. This thread mentioned Mosconi's book a few times, I have to say, as a new player, that back in the 60s when information about pool was scarce, Mosconi's little red book really helped me out a lot, it gave me an edge over newer players who didn't read the book.

oh yeah, much -- but not all -- of the game is right between the ears.

I remember when I was learning, just like you, there were the Mosconi books (the blue and the red), there was the Cottingham book, a Mizerak and Lassiter book, and the Willie Hoppe tome. IOWs, it was slim pickins. I don't think guys can appreciate what an embarrassment of riches they enjoy nowadays when it comes to learning the game.

Lou Figueroa

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say that's a factor say in 14:1 ball where an opponent could use up some time. Even a run of 2 9 ball racks shouldn't effect a player. If it does something else is going on like a Pole Dancer or something.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Son, I will make the pot sweeter for ANYONE who will back you. I will bet $35000 to $25000 if you play Stan a race to 30 in one pocket.
Is there anyone reading this who is willing to back Lou in this match?
I want to railbird that match...if it happens.
(I think I can pump up about $200 from the local old folks home to bet on Stan.)

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Son, I will make the pot sweeter for ANYONE who will back you. I will bet $35000 to $25000 if you play Stan a race to 30 in one pocket.

Is there anyone reading this who is willing to back Lou in this match? If you can get your boy to the table I will give you an extra $1000 bonus once the money is posted.

Come on little buddy. Show us some heart and pick on someone your own size.

JB, this isn't my fight but I have to say something anyway. It seems to me that you are Lou's "size," not some basically professional level player and instructor.

How about I bet $35000 to $25000 if you play SVB a race to 30 in one pocket? That'll really prove whose aiming system is better. :rolleyes: