Which Gold Crown is this?

ScottH2237

I bought a Gold Crown many years ago when I didn't know much about pool and now I'm getting ready to have the pockets tightened and maybe have some subrail work done on it to make sure it's straight and match K55 cushions better. I would like to know which model of Gold Crown it is so here are some pics of it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cWfDeWDwPHP6XgiSMNiGrSfiCo1g-wEA

It has the levelers in the legs which was supposedly an option even on the GC I's but was only common on II's and III's. It was also one of the tables at Colfax Billiards in Denver, CO assuming the placard wasn't just swapped.

Let me know if there's a different picture I can take that will help identify it easier.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Without question, Gold Crown I.

Be sure to hire someone experienced and qualified to do the work. Your table looks nice, but has some serious flaws (cushion facings, casting alignment, pocket fitment, etc.). I can't quite tell what is up with the levelers, but they don't look normal.. This is a standard "nut plate". The feet should have a jam nut tightened at the top, which keeps the foot from spinning on the stud.

ScottH2237

Awesome, thanks. Glen referred me to David Isaac's to Diamondize it. I did find out from the original installer that the rails were a mismatched set so that may have contributed to how badly it's lined up but hopefully it was just a poor install job. I'll take a closer look at the levelers to see if the nut plate is there but it seems like the jam nut is in the picture but locked to the stud instead of to the nut plate. Those cushion facings are atrocious and still not tight enough so I'll be getting the subrail extended for sure.

Awesome, thanks. Glen referred me to David Isaac's to Diamondize it. I did find out from the original installer that the rails were a mismatched set so that may have contributed to how badly it's lined up but hopefully it was just a poor install job. I'll take a closer look at the levelers to see if the nut plate is there but it seems like the jam nut is in the picture but locked to the stud instead of to the nut plate. Those cushion facings are atrocious and still not tight enough so I'll be getting the subrail extended for sure.

You guys make me laugh....Glen and his diamondize Gold Crown tables.....who wants a Gold Crown to play like a diamond.
The best playing and made table in the world are Brunswick Gold Crown tables.....PERIOD.

IF YOUR WANTING TO DIAMONDIZE YOUR TABLE....JUST INSTALL A SET OF STRAGHT RAIL BILLIARD CUSHIONS.....AND PRESSTO....THERE YA HAVE IT....A SPRINGY POOL TABLE.....AND YA DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO BUY A NEW DIAMOND TABLE......YOU JUST MADE ONE.....LOL

MARK GREGORY

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
You guys make me laugh....Glen and his diamondize Gold Crown tables.....who wants a Gold Crown to play like a diamond.
The best playing and made table in the world are Brunswick Gold Crown tables.....PERIOD.

IF YOUR WANTING TO DIAMONDIZE YOUR TABLE....JUST INSTALL A SET OF STRAGHT RAIL BILLIARD CUSHIONS.....AND PRESSTO....THERE YA HAVE IT....A SPRINGY POOL TABLE.....AND YA DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO BUY A NEW DIAMOND TABLE......YOU JUST MADE ONE.....LOL

MARK GREGORY

"Diamondize"....

I absolutely hate that term.