Cue tips

Curlydon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I need suggestions ok what tip to try now iv been using a pressed lapro and love the hard it hit but it will miscue if you're not careful is there a hard tip out there that holds chalk will that don't miscue as much but still give you a ferm hit ??? Thanks

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
104   1   0
I need suggestions ok what tip to try now iv been using a pressed lapro and love the hard it hit but it will miscue if you're not careful is there a hard tip out there that holds chalk will that don't miscue as much but still give you a ferm hit ??? Thanks

Contact AZB member Pooldawg8 and buy his Milk Dud tips, then go out and get yourself a ScottiScuffer to rough up the tip a little and you'll be loving life...
Scuffers should be available at www.scottiscuffer.com

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I prefer triangle honestly never used a milk dud tip i really want to though

but if you want a production tip

triangle- medium tip as long as i chalk i dont miscue going 3 tips on either side i do miscue with draw though, id imagine thats because im just learning draw.

either way triangle, milk dud you will be set for a better play that le pro

jmoschgat

Be the ball, Danny.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
kamui brown M is a harder Medium tip and it holds chalk pretty well in my experience. you also cant go wrong with jeff's (pooldawg8) milk dud tips.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
211   2   0
Triangle is a great tip, but a slowly being found out secret

in the firm but great chalk holder and spin transfer tip is
Super-Pro tip, this is a laminated Water Buffalo tip, reddish in color

Dont listen to anyone but the people who have actaully played with this tip or are cueman repair guys.

I have installed 70 to 80 of these tips and I have had only 1 person want to change back to the tip they had before.

I have been buying up these tips because they are not being made anymore.

You can still buy these tips for about $2.00 to $4.00 depending on the quantity. And boxes are availavle for even less per tip if u buy in a box.

One of the best held secrets!!!!!!

mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
There's only one choice out there! Tiger Sniper! Holds chalk better than any other tip. Keeps it's shape w/o mushrooming. Hard yet porous allowing all the spin you could possibly use!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
okay, I'll be the wet blanket, the forum cop, whatever you like . . . :smile:

wouldn't it be better to sort out what tip is the best to use on, for instance, the main forum, then, once decided, post here on wanted for sale indicating "WTB: xyz tip"?

the point being not to cause the people's listings to get pushed down into obscurity who actually have items for sale or wanted to buy.

carry on. ;)

best,
brian kc

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
88   1   0
Hell try them all ti ll you find the right one ... Milk duds from pooldaw8 here on az are the best so far for the money ..

wilkamania

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Pooldawg8 Milk Dud

Pooldawg 8's milk duds are great. They hold chalk, they retain their shape long, and the grip the ball as good as any layered tip. Plus you'd be dealing with a great guy.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have been playing for a while with Moori III Quick and with Talisman WB Hard. I really like both tips. Occasionally, I scuff the surface with a Willards Tip Shaper. No problems with miscuing. The Moori mushroomed a bit, but after trimming, has been stable. I also have a bit of experience with Instroke Hard. Very similar to the Moori. Also a great hard layered tip, but harder to find. I would replace with any of these tips.

Greg

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
maybe I'm out of my cotton pickin' mind or perhaps I just missed it, but is there anything for sale in this 'tip debate' thread? :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc