Why no buzz over TAR 37???

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jhanso18 thanks for posting that you tube clip. Was good stuff to watch!

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing 1 pocket Corey is 1 of the best in the world
Top 5 for sure take this from someone who plays them all

The other games Corey is not ranked as high

Corey played good, made some mistakes, score should have been 8-4. J. Jones commentary was excellent, Cotton was also good. If JJ's game is as good as his commentary, I would rate him higher than Shane and Cory. What do you think?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Corey played good, made some mistakes, score should have been 8-4. J. Jones commentary was excellent, Cotton was also good. If JJ's game is as good as his commentary, I would rate him higher than Shane and Cory. What do you think?

They are old school 1 hole. The young guns have taken over the top tier in 1 hole now. :D Johnnyt

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
abbassi...Nobody EVER misses, let alone even get out of line, from the booth! LOL I'm the 17x World Champion Armchair Runout Artist!...ran 1000 in 14.1, 82 racks of 9ball, and went 8 'n out 50x in a row playin' 1-hole! :eek: :grin-square:

FTR...this is a tongue-in-cheek post! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

If JJ's game is as good as his commentary, I would rate him higher than Shane and Cory. What do you think?

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Shane doesn't really play "old-school" one pocket. His array of defensive shots aren't near as good as the "moving" player. He often doesn't even look at the shot that JJ or other more conventional/seasoned one pocket players would play. He just gets out.

He's so dangerous when given any kind of shot, it puts pressure on the opponent to be so precise on defense. If you leave him any kind of shot and he makes it, he's so good at running out that the game is over. This can also hurt him, obviously, if he misses because he shoots a lot of flyers. The thing is that he doesn't miss often.

Corey should have won 8-4 because Shane didn't make balls like he usually does. Corey is much better at moving, but Shane dominates on offense. It would be a good long gambling match up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I completely agree with the bus: Corey's creativity is not wholly good.
Sometimes he tries thigs just to see if he is right. That isn't playing the %s and it is probably worth a game+ in a race to 7 to somebody of svb's level.
I am high ly pleased to read that corey beat the kid. I hop he wins another set too.

I think this depends on how much Corey has been practicing. I think if he has been practicing, Corey will give Shane all he can handle in the other games, and if Shane weakens just a tad, Shane might get run over.

That being said, I think Corey's main problem is, unbelievably, his creativity. I think if Corey had reigned in his creativity a bit and exhibited some patience, that he would have blown Shane out 8-4 or 8-3.

He simply couldn't resist trying some "pretty, creative shot" he had thought up. And he ended up leaving Shane a hair of a chance, and Shane shot him down that game.

It's really easy to see that Corey is competitively rusty, and his speed was somewhat bad last night. If he had been firing on all cylinders, he would have steamrolled Shane in the One Pocket.

Short Bus Russ - C player

Curlydon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tar 37

Well iv been a SVB fan since 2006 iv watched hours of his play he works hard on his game and I believe he's the number one in the world bc he just keeps on winning against the best players in the world I like Corey as well but at the end of the day he's no match for SVB he just doesn't play as good just a fact look at the money list and events won and there's your answer good luck to both

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane doesn't really play "old-school" one pocket. His array of defensive shots aren't near as good as the "moving" player. He often doesn't even look at the shot that JJ or other more conventional/seasoned one pocket players would play. He just gets out.

He's so dangerous when given any kind of shot, it puts pressure on the opponent to be so precise on defense. If you leave him any kind of shot and he makes it, he's so good at running out that the game is over. This can also hurt him, obviously, if he misses because he shoots a lot of flyers. The thing is that he doesn't miss often.

Corey should have won 8-4 because Shane didn't make balls like he usually does. Corey is much better at moving, but Shane dominates on offense. It would be a good long gambling match up.

I think you described Shane's game perfectly. An awesome offensive player, who is still learning the game, "moves". Corey on the other hand seemed to make mistakes, maybe because of the calibur of offense that Shane has.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a note on the TAR stream that the start time for day 2 may be delayed, as they are waiting for Corey to finish his BB match.

Does anyone know the projected start time for day 2 of the TAR stream?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
There's a note on the TAR stream that the start time for day 2 may be delayed, as they are waiting for Corey to finish his BB match.

Does anyone know the projected start time for day 2 of the TAR stream?

Supposed to start at 9 pm eastern. Wonder how playing BB before tge match might affect Corey's game. Could be positive. Could be negative.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well bonus ball involves the rest of your team shooting and none of the shots in BB hardly ever come up in 8 ball, meanwhile Shane is obliterating the 8 ball break in the stream and practicing eight ball outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well bonus ball involves the rest of your team shooting and none of the shots in BB hardly ever come up in 8 ball, meanwhile Shane is obliterating the 8 ball break in the stream and practicing eight ball outs.

Whats new Lux, I dont think Shane has ever been beaten playing 8 ball.

I would bet Shanes run out % from the break in 8 ball is around 80% or more and when Shane does make a ball on the break it rises to 90 % or more?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet richiebalto...what do you want to do? BTW, I love Shane and bet he will win...but your end is a cinch bet imo. No way he runs out at 80%, even if he doesn't make a ball on the break.

Scott Lee

I would bet Shanes run out % from the break in 8 ball is around 80% or more and when Shane does make a ball on the break it rises to 90 % or more?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet richiebalto...what do you want to do? BTW, I love Shane and bet he will win...but your end is a cinch bet imo. No way he runs out at 80%, even if he doesn't make a ball on the break.

Scott Lee

Yea i guess my %s where a little high, let me refrase when SVB is breaking playing 8 ball, he is going to win a very high % of those games!

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone tell Joe to speak up or get closer to the mic or turn him up. I can only hear Cotton.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
y2a7apu8.jpg

We need a hot mic on Joe...No? No we're not gonna do that?

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 -9 Shane, Corey is soft breaking because of some issue in his elbow or arm. How can he win?