Rebco tables?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still on the hunt for a good 9' table and not much in the used table line is available in Alaska. AAA Billiards in Anchorage has a 9' Rebco table that looks good and they are asking $3,100.00 for it. They describe it as a good commercial grade table. Keep in mind every thing in Alaska is high priced. Coming 150 miles to Kenai and upgrading to Simonis cloth adds another 400 bucks and I still have to get balls, a rack and a good light. The internet says they are made in California and You Tub shows Rebco working on tables in Anchorage at the Palace pool hall. Any of you have any info on them to share?

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Billiard Palace had two Rebco tables back in the day, and if I remember correctly there were a few more at Hot shots that was in the Diamond mall. The tables play decent in most regards, I remember the pockets being a little tighter then the brunswick at the Palace. Table 14 was a Rebco and it was one of the better tables to play on in the old Palace.

I agree that finding a table in Alaska can be kind of a pain. I searched for a long time before I found my 1968 AMF Grand Prix with the old full size Diamond light. Right now it is killing me that the table is broke down and in storage in Anchorage and I am in Hawaii with very limited places to play on a decent table.

I did see a Gold Crown on Craig's List a few weeks back that was in Seward BTW.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yo???

Curious who you are- I'll probably know you. You correct on the Rebco tables. I think they might have ended up on Muldoon road with that room (tables came from hot shots ).

Just curious because I also installed all of the AMF Grand Prix tBles. Original Q. & 8 had 32 tables. I sold and installed most of them when they closed (dec of. 68 or 69). Then when the SpenArd Road location closed I think did most of them to.

Just a small world ........

Mark Griffin

The Billiard Palace had two Rebco tables back in the day, and if I remember correctly there were a few more at Hot shots that was in the Diamond mall. The tables play decent in most regards, I remember the pockets being a little tighter then the brunswick at the Palace. Table 14 was a Rebco and it was one of the better tables to play on in the old Palace.

I agree that finding a table in Alaska can be kind of a pain. I searched for a long time before I found my 1968 AMF Grand Prix with the old full size Diamond light. Right now it is killing me that the table is broke down and in storage in Anchorage and I am in Hawaii with very limited places to play on a decent table.

I did see a Gold Crown on Craig's List a few weeks back that was in Seward BTW.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
I've always liked the Rebcos that I have played on. What happened to the 9 footers that were in Sharp's Billiards there in Kenai? Last time we were there, it had been closed for quite awhile and I think the equipment was still inside.

I'M DK

Registered
Played on a 9' Rebco last Wednesday.
They have a couple at Diamond Billiards in Modesto, Ca.
Nothing negative to report about the table.
It looks much like my 80s era 9' Valley also built for a pool hall.

DK

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rebco tables

Haven't seen one in years but I always liked the way they played. They had all Rebco tables in Tommy T's in Beaverton, OR and a room in Seattle called the Garage.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables

The tables are still in the building where "Sharps" pool hall was in Kenai and the owner is still trying to sell the business. How I wish another place with 9' tables would open up.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rebco's were made by Bob Bebb and his family, out of Clovis, CA nearby Fresno. We used them a few years at the Sands tourney in Reno and were very happy with them. I considered putting them in my last poolroom if I could have found any used ones for sale. Good solid table overall!

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big thanks

Guys, I really appreciate the information on the Rebco tables and they sound like some thing that I could be happy with. I was told the Rebco in Anchorage is the Saratoga model. At age 64 I kind of favor the older style tables. Must be getting sentimental!

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys, I really appreciate the information on the Rebco tables and they sound like some thing that I could be happy with. I was told the Rebco in Anchorage is the Saratoga model. At age 64 I kind of favor the older style tables. Must be getting sentimental!

I worked with Bob Bebb for a couple of years.

the Saratoga was a very popular model. Very solid and Rebco's are extremely easy to work on. Made by a mechanic for mechanics.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I worked with Bob Bebb for a couple of years.

the Saratoga was a very popular model. Very solid and Rebco's are extremely easy to work on. Made by a mechanic for mechanics.

Bill, you've been everywhere and done everything. You must be friends with Jay Helfert! :yes:

pickngrin

Anyone who ever played at Chalker's in San Francisco or Emeryville can attest to the quality of Rebco tables. They looked like home tables, but played great and were built to commercial standards.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AAA Billiards in Anchorage, Alaska e-mailed me a picture of a Rebco table they want $3,100 for. Seems a bit steep to me, but beggars can't be to choosy. I'm a beggar and I am sick to death of not having a pool hall to go to, so I am table hunting!