New rubber for Dynamic II table

Stibily

Hi,

I am about to take ownership of a Dynamic II table and would like some advice on suitable replacement rubber.

I am initially looking at either:

Master Pro (https://www.dynamic-billard.de/en/b...-rubber-k-55-48-inch-for-9-ft.-tables?c=43411)
I believe this is what the original was (possible Northern Rubber if not), and appears to be the OEM for Dynamic III tables.

Brunswick SuperSpeed (https://www.pooltablefeltcloth.com/brunswick-rail-cushions/product/superspeed-k55-rail.html)
Have read that these are now produced with greater consistency and are a good choice.

Would like to know if these are suitable replacements (especially the SuperSpeed) in terms of playability and fit?

Also open to any alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

Stibily

That table has k66 profile cushions.
Nope, definitely K-55 profile.

It's worth adding, my goal isn't to make it play short like a Diamond by throwing Artemis on it. I'm just looking for consistent playing rails that would make a good long term investment.

A friend of mine has since suggested Klematch / Kleber rubber as another potential option to consider.

Hoping someone with experience can shed some light on the different characteristics of each :)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I am not an expert at rail cushions but having been burned twice I will offer this suggestion.

Avoid rubber that is sourced from China. I know things are supposed to have gotten better since but they won't ever get a chance to fool me again.

I have Artemis on my GC1 and couldn't be happier. Will get made in Germany over China every time.

Just some food for thought and your consideration.

Good luck.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am not an expert at rail cushions but having been burned twice I will offer this suggestion.

Avoid rubber that is sourced from China. I know things are supposed to have gotten better since but they won't ever get a chance to fool me again.

I have Artemis on my GC1 and couldn't be happier. Will get made in Germany over China every time.

Just some food for thought and your consideration.

Good luck.

I know Diamond Black K55 and Superspeeds are produced in Vietnam. IMO"china" is not the culprit in quality issues, however, I think it is the company paying to produce.

Here is my view on manufacturing in China to make JUNK:

1. A company wants to use crappy materials
2. The design is not solid
3. Company wants to pay as little as possible
4. Company wants it tomorrow

I feel these variables = Junk Product.

The chinese can build pretty much anything and I think USA's least cost combination economics are at the core of the issue concerning quality.

The guy just wants good k55(if that is in fact the right profile) for his table. I am confident he does not want to go through all the things required to make Artemis fit his rails.

Superspeed are good cushions. I go through a couple dozen sets per year.
I like the Diamond Black K55 as well.

I am not familiar with the Dynamic Billiards tables, they are not popular here in the US IMO.

I wonder who makes these tables Yalin or Rasson?

TFT

Good luck the the OP.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live not to far from Kerry, maybe I'll stop in and ask him next time I am in the area.
I do know the magic happens in the shop, I have seen their shop, but didn't think to ask about where rubber was sourced.