CJ Wiley presents Mental Game Secrets to Getting in the ZONE

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad I enhanced your drive......let me know how you like the one I just posted about Aiming, I think you'll like it, unlike me wear your seatbelt.:thumbup: Just kidding, wearing a seatbelt is like eating a filet Mignon with.a balloon around your tongue.

CJ, I think you were aiming pretty good in this video. You went on to beat Earl Strickland in the finals.

Remember this cue you were holding over your head? Next time you're back in Hawaii, I want you to line up the sights on it for me.

It's been sitting in the closet for a very long time and I think it may even still have a bit of chalk on it from that tournament.

Aloha.

https://youtu.be/2BnTHfZ-tMk?list=PLnsWkMLIFYh8K_Lbwhp_YD396NVWQeYmg&t=85

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is interesting, I've always been interested in the physics and geometry in pool, it's the perfect place to experiment, actually, to become an accomplished pool player you must be a scientist and be willing to do thousands of scientific experiments.

Pocket billiards is geometrically perfect with 2 squares making a rectangle, and all the shots create triangles.....the one thing players overlook is that the straight line of the cue and the perfect spherical balls enable the player to make any shot just by moving the tip relative to a relative part of the object ball.

I'll go over exactly how we do that in a future video, I have a 43 chapter Banking Secrets video on that subject that I learned before I played Amarillo Slim that big $30,000 session in Baton Rouge. Great memories and the way I learned the system is especially interesting, I paid $700 for an hour lesson to learn it with my friend Roger Griffis (we split the cost).

You always get my mind working. Great writing and I appreciate you coming back and spending time here--it is ether for that hard to start engine which is my game.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
practice specifically focused on certain aspects you want to improve.

You always get my mind working. Great writing and I appreciate you coming back and spending time here--it is ether for that hard to start engine which is my game.

It's important to keep your mind working and don't be afraid to experiment, I'll show more and more ways to practice specifically focused on certain aspects you want to improve.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nicely said. Agreed that most of the truly elite don't use an aiming system, though a few top players swear by them, and anyone who finds aiming systems helpful can stay the course.

I once discussed this subject with Irving Crane, and he said his aiming system was "to aim at the same place I aimed at last time I made it." I think this is pretty similar to your idea of "connecting" the aim (and stroke and speed) to the shot, evidencing that most of the top players already instinctively know the aim on virtually every shot with every speed and every stroke. Put another way, for so many, aiming is merely a matter of memory and familiarity.

Thanks for sharing this video.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
road stories about hustling and gambling are fun,

Welcome back CJ … it's been too long.

Thanks, yes, it's time to spread some stories and knowledge, road stories about hustling and gambling are engaging, I miss those days

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Zen in the Art of Archery

Loved it! Preach on my driving zen master!

I've read Zen and the Art of Archery 3 times, couldn't agree with you more. Good food for thought.

I wish I could've recorded myself driving home from work while listening to your video. I would take quick glances off the road to look at my phone, and at the same time you would be taking glaces off the road to look at your phone. It was weird, almost like we were facetiming or skyping. Anyway, cool and interesting video. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, The Zen in the Art of Archery is a fantastic book for pool players that want to understand how to get into The Zone and tap into the power of the subconscious.

That's funny about the Skyping experience you had, I can relate, when watching one of those videos I flinched a few times as cars passed on the video like it was happening in real life. :thumbup:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks CJ for all your Video's I really enjoy watching them and I enjoy your road stories. It is cool to hear from someone who was on the road and also your videos on your technique are really good, I am learning , Thanks again and look forward to more road stories.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks CJ

Like many others, glad to see you back at AZB.....
I too enjoyed your road stories and adventures......
I especially enjoyed your story about Dalton, because I grew up in San Francisco and knew of him before he went on the road...
Most of all, I appreciate your philosophical perspective and advice about the "so-called bad times" in one's life; I sure can relate to that because some of the "bad" things that happened to me in the past, did also shape much of the future for me, which turned out in positive ways.........Thanks for reminding me of that!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
make a point not to complain, just stay in a "problem prevention" mode.

Like many others, glad to see you back at AZB.....
I too enjoyed your road stories and adventures......
I especially enjoyed your story about Dalton, because I grew up in San Francisco and knew of him before he went on the road...
Most of all, I appreciate your philosophical perspective and advice about the "so-called bad times" in one's life; I sure can relate to that because some of the "bad" things that happened to me in the past, did also shape much of the future for me, which turned out in positive ways.........Thanks for reminding me of that!

That's cool that you knew of Dalton, he was an amazing man!

Yes, there are no bad times because none of us can predict the future, sounds like you know that. These days I try to see how it's going to be positive in a month or year from now and make a point not to complain, just stay in a "problem prevention" mode.

I apprectiate you and have some great stories coming up, a couple more about Dalton too.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I dont mean this in a bad way but tell us about some of the beatings you have taken for the cash. Many dont remember or want to forget. These stories will be good too. Thanks

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I dont mean this in a bad way but tell us about some of the beatings you have taken for the cash. Many dont remember or want to forget. These stories will be good too. Thanks

Really? Here comes the effort to chase off, once again, a pro willing to share with the forum. What titles do you hold Spider? I don't mean this in a bad way. Just wondering!

JimMataya

Registered
c.j. have been working on the mental aspect of the game my whole life.. but nothing seems to work ! some people say i don't even have a head,, would appreciate your help ! your long time admirer ,, jim mataya hope your doing well champ !

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a video of mental game suggestions that you can practice

c.j. have been working on the mental aspect of the game my whole life.. but nothing seems to work ! some people say i don't even have a head,, would appreciate your help ! your long time admirer ,, jim mataya hope your doing well champ !

Sure, Jim, I'd like the opportunity to help you strengthen your mental game. Anyone can get better however it does take the willingness to practice a few things.

Here's a video of mental game suggestions that you can practice or may lead you to a new perspective and more effective way to play pool or other passions....Play Well!

click this link ---> https://youtu.be/Q50uQZvJndU