Freddy the beard has left us

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news was just posted on Onepocket.org that Freddy the beard just passed away. More details to follow I'm sure.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Oh Man

Oh

Man

That

Sucks

RIP Beard

Banks are now more than ever OPEN in heaven (whatev that is)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HOLY CRAP! This is horrible news. I am headed to Chicago right now, and had planned to go see Fred tomorrow, just to check in with my friend. I am SO sad to hear this. He will be GREATLY missed. :(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Sad news was just posted on Onepocket.org that Freddy the beard just passed away. More details to follow I'm sure.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't believe this. Please tell me it's not true. I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He sounded chipper as usual. Just said he was a little under the weather. What a great legacy he has left us with his wonderful books and videos. Freddie was one of the most brilliant people I ever met in the pool world. And funny as Hell to boot! It's sad when all the guys you've known all your life are dying, very very sad!

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Dam, that was fast. I'm VERY saddened to hear this. His legacy will live on forever, he was so impacting for many decades. I hope he passed in peace, knowing the many he'd touched cared deeply for him.

I never had the pleasure to meet him. Perhaps some that did will recant the thousands of great experiences they enjoyed with him.

RIP Freddy. :crying:

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news. I only knew him through some emails his writings and the forum. But I will miss him. He did so much to keep the past alive to better the future of pool. My condolences to his family.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will miss my fellow Italian.

He was a great personality for the sport, and he made a lasting impact.

RIP Freddy.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am in complete shock, it was so fast. My sister is currently dying of Pancreatic Cancer and it is horrible, I would not wish it on anyone. I don't know how sick Freddy has been but if it happened as fast as it seems to have, it was a gift.

He will be missed but not forgotten. I am so glad he finished his book and got to see what joy people got from it.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I am in complete shock, it was so fast. My sister is currently dying of Pancreatic Cancer and it is horrible, I would not wish it on anyone. I don't know how sick Freddy has been but if it happened as fast as it seems to have, it was a gift.

He will be missed but not forgotten. I am so glad he finished his book and got to see what joy people got from it.

God good point. I think it was really fast, and, as you point out, that's a gift.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'm shocked to hear this news. My condolences to his family. I loved his new book, and was expecting more great things from him.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Complete. Shock.

So fast. I'm hoping he didn't suffer. What a sad day in pool!

-Sean