Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
hey i just found this in the other thread, the one about you going on the road:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4433804&postcount=389

You can put together a 2 or 3 pack? In my lifetime, I have run one 2-pack in 9 ball on a loose 9 footer. You must be a very, very strong player. I do not understand why you would need weight from me if you play at that level. If anything, I would need weight.

Hah hah hah!! BUSTED!!!

BTW, Rhea..... You can still get the 8.

Short Bus Russ

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are still out there

Melinda, congrats on your recent accomplishment.....but if you're gonna gamble....please don't get hustled..... :)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
hey i just found this in the other thread, the one about you going on the road:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4433804&postcount=389

You can put together a 2 or 3 pack? In my lifetime, I have run one 2-pack in 9 ball on a loose 9 footer. You must be a very, very strong player. I do not understand why you would need weight from me if you play at that level. If anything, I would need weight.

The last time OMGWTF played a gal that out-packed her, she lost and I lost my precious bankroll. I've reloaded since then, and I should know better, but I am once again willing to bet OMGWTF even against a person that has run more racks than she.

Here we go again.

When you playing and

BETTING HIGH?

Kevin

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Wow, just saw this thread. Big hearty kudos to my buddy Melinda on a great tournament. :thumbup:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming - who's gonna step into the box with her next?.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
great shooting at the US Ams OMGWTF. I was rooting for you hard in the finals. I knew you were up against not only a tough shooter but the rolls when I saw the first two games.

as the other poster said....now back to your regular program of woofing :thumbup:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Ditto. I've enjoyed watching her progress (via her blog) from a league banger to a serious player. I was really impressed a couple of years ago when she dove into the U.S. Open and drew Nick Varner in the first round, winning 4 games off him. She was down about it at the time, but who among us has the brass to dive into it in front of the World like that? She's an inspiration to everyone infatuated with the game, proving that if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, you can get there!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Melinda has more road miles via Greyhound bus than most modern road players today. Not many women would jump on a bus and travel 1000's of miles to some of the areas she has walked in by themselves like she does. After reading her first few blogs I knew she was the real deal and someone special. Johnnyt

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
New thread a-coming....

as soon as i can get KK9 to help me w/ a Poll Thread - stay tuned, Folks!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I can't believe I forgot about that post. That was one of your more awesome ones.

Thanks Tim Basovich ;). I still get a chuckle out of it. Kinda find it strange that set of circumstances has not been brought back up, in light of ... recent affiliations. But Hey, that thread went viral here almost 4 years to the day.

Melinda has more road miles via Greyhound bus than most modern road players today. Not many women would jump on a bus and travel 1000's of miles to some of the areas she has walked in by themselves like she does. After reading her first few blogs I knew she was the real deal and someone special. Johnnyt

I could spot OMGWTF big weight, until she gave me "the look", and I'd cave (CUBC?).

Why do many of us find it enormously entertaining that our AZ faves OMGWTF/Rhea - and other women - jump into these shark infested, male dominated waters with both feet? Just 'cause we're tired of looking at old craggly dudes?

I'd love to see Rhea vs OMGWTF in a fair duel. They have the fortitude to do so, where others choose to run. Big buzz for AZ.

Give Rhea a little more time with Gene? This could be VERY interesting.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It's a damned shame that 9ballPaul isn't here to appreciate all of this, isn't it?

:p

Big congrats again, OMGWTF!

Ctwitty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
us amateur 2nd place ladies

I was wondering why omgwtf didn't get her picture taken after her match along with the other ladies that finished in the top 3. Did she bring the 2nd place trophy or "door stop" as she called it that evening back with her. Just wondering. Great job

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
In VNEA I'm a 4, in BCA I'm a 4, in NAPA I'm a 5, in APA 8 ball I'm a 4, and in APA 9 Ball I'm a 5

But, don't let my skill level scare you, I bet real high.

And I'm a 4 in the MO-8 League... as far as their records are concerned - since I haven't played with them in 2 years. But the entire league would hate it if I came back. League ratings, sorry to say, don't mean a thing. Especially when you're posting about running racks in another thread. ;)

I haven't seen either OMGWTF or Rhea play in a couple of years, but I think they should play even.

Anyway, back on track - I, too, was curious where Melinda's pic was on the APA site. :(

Congrats!!!