Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Won Friday night even after the worst sharking EVER!
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-06-2017, 11:40 PM

If you're "in" the game none of that stuff matters

Old
  (#17)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "V" View Post
Not sure what it is but when I am genuinely pissed I play like Efren. The only time I have strung 4 racks together is when a guy made a comment I didn't like. We were playing a race to 10 and I was down 5 to 7. After he said what he did we threw some verbals back and forth. I almost jumped across the table at him... opted to play instead (didn't need to end up in jail). Broke and ran 4 racks missed a 7 in the 5th rack. When he missed I knocked in the 8 and 9. Took his money and left. He tried apologizing but I have not forgiven him.
I have tried to fake it... biting my tongue or thinking of things that piss me off but it doesn't work. I have the feeling that what happened Friday with what he pulled helped me win the tournament.
Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Why in the world would you allow yourself to possibly get into that kind of mess by going into a dump like that in the first place?
Is shooting competitive pool that important to you? So much so, that you have to defile yourself by associating with trashy people?
There's just got to be better places to compete in the game without being around low class riff-raff like what you've mentioned here.
If not, (speaking for myself), then I'd just quit the game entirely or buy a home pool table and enjoy watching the balls go into the pockets all by myself.
Keep on truckin'

Old
  (#18)
Johnny "V"
AzB Silver Member
Johnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Why in the world would you allow yourself to possibly get into that kind of mess by going into a dump like that in the first place?
Is shooting competitive pool that important to you? So much so, that you have to defile yourself by associating with trashy people?
There's just got to be better places to compete in the game without being around low class riff-raff like what you've mentioned here.
If not, (speaking for myself), then I'd just quit the game entirely or buy a home pool table and enjoy watching the balls go into the pockets all by myself.
Keep on truckin'
Believe it or not... He was a friend of mine.

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat

Check out my pool table project... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/pooltable. Be sure to visit my sponsors... They are the ones that make the site available for free.

I have a new project that lets cue customers tell the cuemaker exactly what they want... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/bactemp99/bac.asp. If you would like it on your site or want to host on mine please PM or contact me via email: john@kirchelconsulting.com

Old
  (#19)
Johnny "V"
AzB Silver Member
Johnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny "V" has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john coloccia View Post
I'm pretty much the exact opposite. When I'm upset, I play like garbage. The thing is that I tend to be pretty emotional about things, but I don't really show it, so it can seem like I'm really cold and calculating...business like... but I'm actually screaming on the inside. Occasionally, when I'm really pissed at myself, I might finally let out a "Shoot!" or a "Damn it!", but not much more than that.

Anyhow, I've kind of found a rhythm and a pace that lets me drive that stuff out of my head and gets me focused. Happy coincidence that it also filters out sharking.
Pissed at myself is different than being pissed at someone else for me. If I am playing bad then that voice in my head starts chirping... If someone sends me off all goes quiet. Strange I know...

Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat

Check out my pool table project... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/pooltable. Be sure to visit my sponsors... They are the ones that make the site available for free.

I have a new project that lets cue customers tell the cuemaker exactly what they want... http://www.kirchelconsulting.com/bactemp99/bac.asp. If you would like it on your site or want to host on mine please PM or contact me via email: john@kirchelconsulting.com

Old
  (#20)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-07-2017, 08:47 AM

Sharking is one of those things I've never understood. Pool is a social game, everyone
wants to win. If you've ever played football or basketball, baseball, soccer, etc... at a
high level or even a sort of high level you've experienced and likely taken part in some
sharking. When I started to play pool I guess I just expected it, it never bothered me.
I don't do it, I consider it impolite, but I don't mind much when it's done to me, I expect a
little and it's always funny to me to lengths people will go to try and beat you.
In most pool halls or bars there's usually plenty of noise and on some nights there's
any number of pretty "people" around or other noise to distract you from what you might
be doing learn to play through it and it don't bother you. I guess I sorta figured that out
playing other sports. The real talent is being able to give it back better than they are dishing
it out while your shooting (or playing). It's the art of conversation. Then right after you
sink the 8 or 9 ball you have to be able to say, "rack 'em, or did you just want to quit
now" with a smile.

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 08-07-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Old
  (#21)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Sadly, I woulda went to jail if he made that comment about my wife/gf/mom, etc.
Jason
No, the correct response was "that's funny, my wife said you couldn't get it up last night" Thus, no jail time and he realizes that any comment won't faze you. I mean, who cares what someone says about someone that you know that he has not met?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#22)
WVShootist
AzB Silver Member
WVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
No, the correct response was "that's funny, my wife said you couldn't get it up last night" Thus, no jail time and he realizes that any comment won't faze you. I mean, who cares what someone says about someone that you know that he has not met?
Pretty much this. I don't get mad unless the guy is clearly being insulting instead of poorly choosing his jokes. Plus when in bars I generally let things go that I might get more pissed about if I were in a gas station or wherever, we all make the decision to go to where there's definitely going to be drunk people and if I punched every drunk that ever annoyed me I wouldn't be able to hold a cue.

But then again, I grew up playing sports--we all banged each other's girlfriends and moms according to locker room trash talk. lol

Player: Joss
Breaker: Viking
Shooter: Smith & Wesson (take your pick)

"Veni. Vidi. Vici." - Julius Caesar

Old
  (#23)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

08-07-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVShootist View Post
Pretty much this. I don't get mad unless the guy is clearly being insulting instead of poorly choosing his jokes. Plus when in bars I generally let things go that I might get more pissed about if I were in a gas station or wherever, we all make the decision to go to where there's definitely going to be drunk people and if I punched every drunk that ever annoyed me I wouldn't be able to hold a cue.

But then again, I grew up playing sports--we all banged each other's girlfriends and moms according to locker room trash talk. lol
So, you think he wasnt being insulting? There is nothing funny about his "joke" and nobody would see it as a joke. Comments like that are meant to cause fights and thats why he said it. I would hate to disappoint him. Lol
Jason

Old
  (#24)
WVShootist
AzB Silver Member
WVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond reputeWVShootist has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 01:48 AM

Quote:
So, you think he wasnt being insulting? There is nothing funny about his "joke" and nobody would see it as a joke. Comments like that are meant to cause fights and thats why he said it. I would hate to disappoint him. Lol
Jason
I don't know man, results will vary of course, but I grew up in an area where getting shot, stabbed, hit with bottles and pipes, etc. over something stupid is a very real possibility(and have personally witnessed it numerous times). So, like I said, unless someone is really asking for it I avoid trouble at all cost. In the case of a guy I'm friends with making a 'joke' about "shooting a wad in my wife/girlfriend's eye last night", I'm going to go ahead and laugh it off and not let it ruin my night or finances unless it's pretty clear he's intent on instigating something. And even then, I'm going to pray that I'm not pissed and beyond reasonable thought so I can get out of the situation in as consequence free of a manner as possible.

Old
  (#25)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

08-08-2017, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I don't know man, results will vary of course, but I grew up in an area where getting shot, stabbed, hit with bottles and pipes, etc. over something stupid is a very real possibility(and have personally witnessed it numerous times). So, like I said, unless someone is really asking for it I avoid trouble at all cost. In the case of a guy I'm friends with making a 'joke' about "shooting a wad in my wife/girlfriend's eye last night", I'm going to go ahead and laugh it off and not let it ruin my night or finances unless it's pretty clear he's intent on instigating something. And even then, I'm going to pray that I'm not pissed and beyond reasonable thought so I can get out of the situation in as consequence free of a manner as possible.
It being a friend is a completely different story, hell, i might actually let him do it lol

Old
  (#26)
WVShootist
AzB Silver Member

08-08-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:
It being a friend is a completely different story, hell, i might actually let him do it lol
Same here, anything to get mine out of my hair for a night or two. LOL

Old
  (#27)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

08-08-2017, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Same here, anything to get mine out of my hair for a night or two. LOL
Lmao, good stuff!
Jason

Old
  (#28)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Jason
I would see it as a joke. More like a drunk joker spewing stupidity. His right, I suppose.

But that's not my problem; it's his, so punching him would do nothing for me.

If I want to help someone be a better Person, I have other ways of doing so. Violence rarely helps such things. Occasionally, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one "helping."

And I've been in at least 20 or more altercations in bars over pool games mostly, so I have some idea of how it happens...or not.

A rule of thumb I tell myself is: My front teeth are worth lot more than 25 cents (or putting up with insults, or....).

Jeff Livingston

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: