Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Did you guys watch the documentary "The great hack"

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Did you guys watch the documentary "The great hack"
Old
  (#1)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Did you guys watch the documentary "The great hack" - 07-31-2019, 03:11 PM

If you havent', you should.

As a fairly impartial, outside observer of this forum, and US politics in general I've seen an extreme polarisation of the entire political debate in general and this forum in particular. I can't help but think that peoples intense use of social media and the very professional campaigns, targeting peoples specific fears and desires are having a rather profound effect...I know that similar campaigns are being used all over the world, but nowhere as intense as in the US, excluding dictatorships, naturally.

The documentary gives an outline of the methods of Cambridge Analytica and their roles in Brexit and the Trump campaign. Though they were probably more of a factor than any other in these political matters, it seems to have been largely forgotten, in favour of obvious "noise" from non issues and disinformation. Naturally, this is an ongoing process, which is likely taken over by another firm or goverment entity.

If you're not allready paranoid, this may be the thing that pushes you over the edge.

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 07-31-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

07-31-2019, 03:23 PM

Cambridge Analytica is (well, was) a piker compared to the political influence Google and Facebook.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#3)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Cambridge Analytica is (well, was) a piker compared to the political influence Google and Facebook.
I encourage you to watch the documentary. Pay special attention to their own material, highlighting their methods in other countries, especially Trinidad. It's bone-chilling. This is an excerpt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLoL40cvn4

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 07-31-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Old
  (#4)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightpool_99 View Post
If you havent', you should.

As a fairly impartial, outside observer of this forum, and US politics in general I've
seen an extreme polarisation of the entire political debate in general and this forum in
particular. I can't help but think that peoples intense use of social media and the very
professional campaigns, targeting peoples specific fears and desires are having a
rather profound effect...I know that similar campaigns are being used all over the
world, but nowhere as intense as in the US, excluding dictatorships, naturally.

The documentary gives an outline of the methods of Cambridge Analytica and their
roles in Brexit and the Trump campaign. Though they were probably more of a factor
than any other in these political matters, it seems to have been largely forgotten, in
favour of obvious "noise" from non issues and disinformation. Naturally, this is an
ongoing process, which is likely taken over by another firm or goverment entity.

If you're not allready paranoid, this may be the thing that pushes you over the edge.

Ah. Who would have guessed Cambridge Analytica?

Had your private Ox gored recently?

Old
  (#5)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
Not the type of thing you'd want to read. This is what gets the other side mad. Don't you worry your little Right wing head about it.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#6)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post
Ah. Who would have guessed Cambridge Analytica?

Had your private Ox gored recently?

Not the type of thing you'd want to read. This is what gets the other side mad. Don't you worry your little Right wing head about it.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#7)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2019, 09:14 AM

I've watched about an hour so far on Netflix on Monday, and I haven't gone back to finish it up so far. I'll get to it soon.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#8)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 05:03 AM

I came across the trumping democracy documentary by chance where they explain what cambridge anaylitica did
Mind blowing for those prone to being paranoid

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: