Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Sky vs Earl..Score after Day 2?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
warfdiesel
Getting Better
warfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond reputewarfdiesel has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-15-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
What those who didn't see Earl in his prime missed is that he didn't just mass produce titles, but usually won them undefeated. The other thing worth noting is how often Earl used to crush really top opponents like Sigel, Archer, Reyes, Hall, Rempe and Varner. Of course, they beat him, too, but Earl would so often hang an 11-2 set on them that it was almost ridiculous.

My first reaction is that Earl would be way to much for Skyler as he shoots today, but there's one factor that's hard to account for, specifically that much less was known about the nine ball break back then, but if we ignore that, Earl in his prime beats Skyler in his prime very easily.
Sky isnít in his prime yet. I think we may see huge things from him soon. However, I agree with most, that Earl in his prime smashes Sky today. And most everyone else.

Player: Willie Speed 60" Sneaky
Breaker: None at the moment
Case: 2x5 JB Rugged
Wish List: Capone, Gilbert and Nitti
Cues on Order: Nothing at the moment

Old
  (#32)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

10-16-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Baloney! He won many tournaments with a Meucci before Cue-Tec came along. Of course Bob Meucci made a very nice cue back then.
I'll go a step further. Almost all of Earl's major titles came before his switch to Cuetec in, I'm guessing, 1999. I do believe, though, that his stellar effort at the 2002 World Nine Ball Championships, among the very finest performances of his entire career, was with a Cuetec, but I'm not certain of it.

Old
  (#33)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
10-16-2019, 07:34 AM

I heard Earl say that until Efren came along, he never even thought about playing safe on a kick-he just tried to "hit" the ball.

Old
  (#34)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-16-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
I heard Earl say that until Efren came along, he never even thought about playing safe on a kick-he just tried to "hit" the ball.
Efren taught the American players how to hit the bottom of the ball and play safe on kick shots. They just weren't doing that until he came along. He revolutionized the way we had played 9-Ball up until that point. Efren was two speeds above all our top players when he first arrived here. After maybe a year of watching carefully how he played they had caught up with him though. All the top players used to sit and watch Efren play his matches and study his game.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#35)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-16-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
Pretty much the same for most players back then. ER raised kicking to an art-form.

Get you some!
Old
  (#36)
Duane Remick
AzB Silver Member

Duane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond reputeDuane Remick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Get you some! - 10-16-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Pretty much the same for most players back then. ER raised kicking to an art-form.
Here you go...Ö..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCpYLh36x0o

Duane Remick

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: