Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Democrats wonder which of their candidates can beat him
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-20-2019, 12:49 PM

I never said they were lacking in education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Ahhh.
There it is. The bigotry and prejudice.
Because you dont agree with someone they are behind the times and lacking in education.

Just remember. Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Hitler also thought the rest of the world was behind the times.
Funny how people can be so wrong and cause so much pain and suffering.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#17)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 12:53 PM

Upon rereading I don't see anything inaccurate about it or anything that
should need clarification. Perhaps you can clarify why the rural areas vote Red and
Urban areas vote Blue better than I can. Use the words you would prefer I used, the ones that you would understand strmanglr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Sure it could happen more especially if HC is right but anyone would be stupid to leave one platform and go to another unless they have
complete support to go all the way. If that huge amount of support is mainly from one source well and if that source is dark pac it sure doesn't look
right and I think they can expect scrutiny for that. Anyway you slice it, our political process should not be open to attack from outside.

As far as who can beat Trump. Its not Trump so much that's to be beaten. Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times. The map
of voting predominance shows that pretty well. Its a religious war mainly. Trump isn't religious but he's some of them's huckleberry.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#18)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-20-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I never said they were lacking in education.
You were inferring it.
After all. They have faith and believe in god.
Bible Thumpers.
Deplorables.
Bitter Clingers.
Hicks.
Rednecks.
Backwards thinkers.
Inbreeds.

You were being bigoted and prejudiced against fellow citizens who have a different world view and values than you.
You were suggesting that they were less than human because they do not agree with your thinking.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#19)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Upon rereading I don't see anything inaccurate about it or anything that
should need clarification. Perhaps you can clarify why the rural areas vote Red and
Urban areas vote Blue better than I can. Use the words you would prefer I used, the ones that you would understand strmanglr.
Perhaps you should explain why you believe people in rural areas are lesser than people that choose to live in Urban areas.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#20)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
You were inferring it.
After all. 1. They have faith and believe in god.
2.Bible Thumpers.
3.Deplorables.
4.Bitter Clingers.
5.Hicks.
6.Rednecks.
7.Backwards thinkers.
8.Inbreeds.

You were being bigoted and prejudiced against fellow citizens who have a different world view and values than you.
You were suggesting that they were less than human because they do not agree with your thinking.
Numbers 1 & 6 aren't insults. 5 maybe .

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#21)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:

Its the rest of the nation in rural areas that are a bit behind the times.

"Behind the times" of what?

What are they "behind" in?

Old
  (#22)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

10-20-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
"Behind the times" of what?

What are they "behind" in?
If some of you that embellish others words live in those areas behind in manners possibly but I won't expound on the rest of it.
My statement is accurate as it needs to be. If you all don't like it define it yourself. Just don't put words in my mouth and create a lie from it.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#23)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

10-20-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should explain why you believe people in rural areas are lesser than people that choose to live in Urban areas.
Perhaps you shouldn't worry with it. I never said that either. Nothing wrong with what I said in the first place.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#24)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
If some of you that embellish others words live in those areas behind in manners possibly but I won't expound on the rest of it.
My statement is accurate as it needs to be. If you all don't like it define it yourself. Just don't put words in my mouth and create a lie from it.
It is OBVIOUS that YOU are "behind" in WRITING SKILLS that are INTELLIGENT enough for people to understand what you are saying then.

If you can't "expound" on what you "meant", then it probably means it is EXACTLY the way we "read" it.

If you speak in the same manner as you write, then I'd love to hear you in a debate.

Old
  (#25)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

10-21-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
It is OBVIOUS that YOU are "behind" in WRITING SKILLS that are INTELLIGENT enough for people to understand what you are saying then.

If you can't "expound" on what you "meant", then it probably means it is EXACTLY the way we "read" it.

If you speak in the same manner as you write, then I'd love to hear you in a debate.
Found this for you: I didn't say it but they do note a few things.

Also some of you act as though Democrats can't also be Christians. I wonder how many Democrats identify as Evangelicals?
I would guess not near as many as Republicans. What I identify as Evangelicals would include a subset of them of churches that
employ Preachers-not formally educated but called to Preach. That might separate the two somewhat maybe even the Denomination.
Are there divisions within the Church that are more divided politically. I would guess you have more Democrats that are Methodist, Episcopalian
and Presbyterian vs Baptist as well. I'm sure a little Googling will turn that up.

Why Democrats bomb with rural voters

Rick Newman
Senior Columnist
Yahoo FinanceOctober 18, 2019

It’s axiomatic that Democrats can’t win the rural vote, which makes it difficult for a Democrat presidential candidate to take key swing states like North Carolina, Wisconsin and Iowa. And rural states in the Midwest and south seem to have given Republicans an enduring edge in the Senate.

But why?

Yahoo Finance recently asked Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, a Democrat who’s in his second term in an otherwise red state, why Democrats bomb with rural voters. “We don’t even show up in those areas,” he said. “You don't necessarily have to say, okay, I'm going to win all of rural America. But you have to be able to get the votes out of it that we need, ultimately, to win. And you can't just do that by ignoring these areas.”

Bullock is running for president, and on paper he ought to be a strong contender. Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points in 2016, yet in the same year Bullock beat his Republican opponent by 4 points. That means he has already won some Trump voters, which is what Democrats need to take back the White House next year. Yet Bullock lacks the name recognition of a front-runner and his centrist policies alienate left-leaning Democrats who back Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. He didn’t qualify for the latest Democratic debate.

Bullock’s strength among rural voters in his home state isn’t an anomaly. Up until 2009, rural voters were about evenly split between Democrats and Republicans. Today, however, Republicans have a 16-point advantage in rural areas, according to Pew Research. Many rural voters, who tend to be white Christians, see the Democratic party as urban elitists obsessed with multicultural causes foreign to them. Barack Obama didn’t help when, at a 2008 fundraiser in San Francisco, he patronized small-town Americans as “bitter” people who “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”

The urban-rural gap
One difference between urban and rural voters is that many big cities have growing populations fueling growing economies, while the majority of rural areas are losing population. But rural residents aren’t ready to write off their communities. “Just like in urban areas,” Bullock says, “folks are saying, I want to be able to stay in my community, have a decent living.”

The urban-rural gap comes through in some of the Democrats’ policy priorities. Sanders and Warren, for instance, favor free college for most or all students, along with forgiveness of student debt. Many rural voters are unimpressed. “When over two-thirds of Americans don't even have a two-year degree,” Bullock says, “if all we're talking about is free college, then they're saying, what are you doing for my lives?”

There ought to be opportunities for Democratic gains in at least some rural areas. Trump’s trade war has hurt farmers who are losing access to China and other foreign markets. Twenty percent of rural hospitals are at risk of closing, a problem that will get worse if the Trump administration succeeds in a lawsuit meant to kill the Affordable Care Act. Rural voters may be even more exposed than urbanites to rising health care costs, since there are fewer big companies offering coverage in those areas.

Despite his gaffe in San Francisco, Obama showed up in Montana and other rural states while campaigning in 2008. He lost Montana by 2 points, but did win Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. In 2016, Hillary Clinton focused less on rural areas, and paid the price. She didn’t even visit Wisconsin, assuming it would fall her way. It didn’t. The next Democratic nominee should probably get out a little bit more.

Rick Newman is the author of four books, including “Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success.” Follow him on Twitter: @rickjnewman. Confidential tip line: rickjnewman@yahoo.com. Encrypted communication available. Click here to get Rick’s stories by email.

Read more:

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 10-21-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Old
  (#26)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Found this for you: I didn't say it but they do note a few things.

Also some of you act as though Democrats can't also be Christians. I wonder how many Democrats identify as Evangelicals?
I would guess not near as many as Republicans. What I identify as Evangelicals would include a subset of them of churches that
employ Preachers-not formally educated but called to Preach. That might separate the two somewhat maybe even the Denomination.
Are there divisions within the Church that are more divided politically. I would guess you have more Democrats that are Methodist, Episcopalian
and Presbyterian vs Baptist as well. I'm sure a little Googling will turn that up.

Why Democrats bomb with rural voters

Rick Newman
Senior Columnist
Yahoo FinanceOctober 18, 2019

It’s axiomatic that Democrats can’t win the rural vote, which makes it difficult for a Democrat presidential candidate to take key swing states like North Carolina, Wisconsin and Iowa. And rural states in the Midwest and south seem to have given Republicans an enduring edge in the Senate.

But why?

Yahoo Finance recently asked Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, a Democrat who’s in his second term in an otherwise red state, why Democrats bomb with rural voters. “We don’t even show up in those areas,” he said. “You don't necessarily have to say, okay, I'm going to win all of rural America. But you have to be able to get the votes out of it that we need, ultimately, to win. And you can't just do that by ignoring these areas.”

Bullock is running for president, and on paper he ought to be a strong contender. Trump won Montana by 20 percentage points in 2016, yet in the same year Bullock beat his Republican opponent by 4 points. That means he has already won some Trump voters, which is what Democrats need to take back the White House next year. Yet Bullock lacks the name recognition of a front-runner and his centrist policies alienate left-leaning Democrats who back Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. He didn’t qualify for the latest Democratic debate.

Bullock’s strength among rural voters in his home state isn’t an anomaly. Up until 2009, rural voters were about evenly split between Democrats and Republicans. Today, however, Republicans have a 16-point advantage in rural areas, according to Pew Research. Many rural voters, who tend to be white Christians, see the Democratic party as urban elitists obsessed with multicultural causes foreign to them. Barack Obama didn’t help when, at a 2008 fundraiser in San Francisco, he patronized small-town Americans as “bitter” people who “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”

The urban-rural gap
One difference between urban and rural voters is that many big cities have growing populations fueling growing economies, while the majority of rural areas are losing population. But rural residents aren’t ready to write off their communities. “Just like in urban areas,” Bullock says, “folks are saying, I want to be able to stay in my community, have a decent living.”

The urban-rural gap comes through in some of the Democrats’ policy priorities. Sanders and Warren, for instance, favor free college for most or all students, along with forgiveness of student debt. Many rural voters are unimpressed. “When over two-thirds of Americans don't even have a two-year degree,” Bullock says, “if all we're talking about is free college, then they're saying, what are you doing for my lives?”

There ought to be opportunities for Democratic gains in at least some rural areas. Trump’s trade war has hurt farmers who are losing access to China and other foreign markets. Twenty percent of rural hospitals are at risk of closing, a problem that will get worse if the Trump administration succeeds in a lawsuit meant to kill the Affordable Care Act. Rural voters may be even more exposed than urbanites to rising health care costs, since there are fewer big companies offering coverage in those areas.

Despite his gaffe in San Francisco, Obama showed up in Montana and other rural states while campaigning in 2008. He lost Montana by 2 points, but did win Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. In 2016, Hillary Clinton focused less on rural areas, and paid the price. She didn’t even visit Wisconsin, assuming it would fall her way. It didn’t. The next Democratic nominee should probably get out a little bit more.

Rick Newman is the author of four books, including “Rebounders: How Winners Pivot from Setback to Success.” Follow him on Twitter: @rickjnewman. Confidential tip line: rickjnewman@yahoo.com. Encrypted communication available. Click here to get Rick’s stories by email.

Read more:
Bullock and Gabbard have been the Democratic candidates I have kinda liked.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#27)
Sev

10-21-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you shouldn't worry with it. I never said that either. Nothing wrong with what I said in the first place.
There is plenty wrong with it.

Of course there is the distinct possibility that you don't have the cognitive ability to actually comprehend what you wrote.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#28)
Sev

10-21-2019, 05:48 AM

I remember back when I was in college the lefts plan was to eliminate private housing and force the entire population into urban areas while making everything outside the Urban areas off limits to humans.

Global warming and save the environment propaganda.

Imagine what steaming cesspools those cities would be if you based it on what is going on in places such as California.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#29)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2019, 07:36 PM

With the utter crap the Dems have put up for election with regard to the candidates, I don't think they have any chance, none. I sure as hell wouldn't vote for one of them as they all want to give away everything and let the gubment run the show....it's a bad joke!!!

These candidates remind me of the folks the Reps put up to try and beat Obama. Weak as hell.

Old
  (#30)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com

10-22-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
Bullock and Gabbard have been the Democratic candidates I have kinda liked.
I liked some of the things Yang said at last debate. The debate stage is a bad forum for delivering what the candidates believe in. Yang made a case for his universal
income though that made more sense than I figured it would. If you consider what's been taken (from programs that we pay for) I'd be ok with a thousand a month. I could save
for my own retirement with it. I'd consider it repayment of what's been taken from me in regard to loans of money that were coming due that I had no say in giving.

I think theres a tipping point of the job/automation thing in which people are going to suffer and Yang sees that its not something that can be stopped.

So this universal income is a way of equaling out what's been done to us in my view of it. We deserve repayment and its said every man woman and child owes for the debt we have.

Repayment is right, even if its a net reduction of the bill.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: