Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What's up with Detroit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
What's up with Detroit?
Old
  (#1)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

What's up with Detroit? - 11-11-2019, 06:03 PM

This is my 3rd time coming there last month or so, and not one person came up to play me, you all must be scared of New Englanders. I noticed you ever copied our WTH is it doing snowing now weather LOL

Look for a bald guy with glasses at The Rack next 9 days. I'll have the cheapest looking cue in the house hehe. Nice place that, play for hours for low money, plenty of players there that know proper pool.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 11-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Old
  (#2)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-11-2019, 06:07 PM

Try Snookers. Walk in and pronounce loudly that you want to take John Binion for all heís worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#3)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPoland View Post
Try Snookers. Walk in and pronounce loudly that you want to take John Binion for all heís worth.

HAHAHAHAHA, John is an incredible player!

Come down to Racktime in Toledo, plenty of action here and only an hour south

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#4)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
HAHAHAHAHA, John is an incredible player!

Come down to Racktime in Toledo, plenty of action here and only an hour south

Trent from Toledo
My hotel is in same town as The Rack, but I'd there is a weekend tournament somewhere I may go for a ride to meet some new people.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member

11-11-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Is that place the one with a weekend tournament? I am staying over the weekend this time.

Old
  (#6)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
Is that place the one with a weekend tournament? I am staying over the weekend this time.
I believe Snookers does have a weekly tourney on 7' Diamonds. Call there for more info!

Trent

Old
  (#7)
HQueen
AzB Silver Member
HQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond reputeHQueen has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 08:42 PM

I still havenít made it up there yet. Might be leaving end of this week. Will you be up there next week?

Old
  (#8)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
This is my 3rd time coming there last month or so, and not one person came up to play me, you all must be scared of New Englanders. I noticed you ever copied our WTH is it doing snowing now weather LOL

Look for a bald guy with glasses at The Rack next 9 days. I'll have the cheapest looking cue in the house hehe. Nice place that, play for hours for low money, plenty of players there that know proper pool.
I'm not much for betting but I got Friday off, I'm about an hour away, I could swing down. I make no proclamations about my game.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#9)
Cuebuddy
Vege-table
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 09:14 PM

I was in the Detroit area two weeks ago. North of downtown and ended up at Main street billiards looking for a game, dang I went to the wrong spot for sure...not a players room.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#10)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
I was in the Detroit area two weeks ago. North of downtown and ended up at Main street billiards looking for a game, dang I went to the wrong spot for sure...not a players room.
Downtown Rochester...Main Street is not that kind of place. I think the ping pong tables should pretty much confirm that. I used to play there with a buddy once a week before I got my home table. A few years back they waived the table time charge if your food and bar tab exceeded it...and it always did. I think they've gone back to charging time again. The Not a bad place to play a few hours with friends but in the 30 or so times I've been there I never once saw any money moving around.

Old
  (#11)
Cadillac J
AzB Silver Member
Cadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac J has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Try Snookers.
I thought most local Snookers went out of business, no?

The one in Utica/Shelby and the one in Royal Oak haven't been around in some time now. Snookers is where I got my first cue when I was a teenager.

Maybe there is some out on the west side still?

Old
  (#12)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-13-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post

The one in Utica/Shelby and the one in Royal Oak haven't been around in some time now. Snookers is where I got my first cue when I was a teenager.

I talked to the owner and yes Eastpointe Snookers closed 6 months ago.

Trent

Old
  (#13)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

11-13-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:

East Side. Snooker's Cue and Brew or something like that. On Kelly Rd near Toepher in Eastpointe, the old Kellys Kue. The Hall of Fame in Warren used to be a great place for all sorts of action but it has deteriorated in more ways than one IMO.

Old
  (#14)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

11-13-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:

I was thinking in Livonia.

Old
  (#15)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member

11-17-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I was thinking in Livonia.

I went to the Snookers in Livonia, was a pretty decent place, played in the Sat weekly they have. Some good players there. I lost my first match to a guy 5-1 and only mistakes I made were a few scratches and one safe where I left a 3-9 carom. Usually in random local tournaments I don't find players that only let you make a few mistakes a set.

I did win my next few matches with score of 8-1 but was going to do a call and play some WOW with wife so let the next guy win even though I ran 7,8 balls every rack, I just missed the 9 or 8. Pockets were pretty easy but tables look to play decent aside from that.

If any of you were there I was the bald guy with glasses and a beard in a Polo T-shirt.

Been playing at The Rack, but that place seems to be pretty much all one pocket players. My 3rd trip for a week in the area and in all the times I went there have maybe seen one guy playing anything outside of one pocket on the player side of the room.

Last edited by hang-the-9; 11-17-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: