gloves for small hands

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything on this so here goes...

My gal pal loves to shoot pool but has a heck of a time finding gloves to fit. She has very small hands and says that she has to try to look for kid's gloves to get something that is not a sloppy fit. I have not seen youth/kids gloves so I'm not sure where she might have seen those.

Obviously the one-size-fits-all stretchy ones don't work for her and I suspect her best bet would be made to size gloves in an Asian sizing.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation? Anybody know of a brand/make/model of gloves that are undersized?

I will of course now go haunt the web looking for these but thought I would check here first...

Thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My gal pal loves to shoot pool but has a heck of a time finding gloves to fit. She has very small hands and says that she has to try to look for kid's gloves to get something that is not a sloppy fit. I have not seen youth/kids gloves so I'm not sure where she might have seen those.

Obviously the one-size-fits-all stretchy ones don't work for her and I suspect her best bet would be made to size gloves in an Asian sizing.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation? Anybody know of a brand/make/model of gloves that are undersized?

I will of course now go haunt the web looking for these but thought I would check here first...

Thanks.
Might try these: https://www.pooldawg.com/unglove-finger-wrap-billiard-gloves Or these. They are bit nicer: http://www.cuezctc.com/pb/wp_f4252fcd/wp_f4252fcd.html

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I bought my better half the "small/medium" Predator brand glove at the Open. It fits her small hand pretty well.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barracuda gloves I think have small sizes (I know a infamous female who loves them on facebook)...

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. Kamui x-small are hard to find, ordered a pink one from Pooldawg.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've found the Mezz gloves are super tight, made small. I ordered the XL and it's still too small, like a small size with any other brand.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you soak any extra-small billiards glove in a sink, in very hot water, (for about 20 minutes at a time) -- over several soaking/drying sessions -- it will soon shrink to where it fits a tinier hand perfectly. Test the fit after each drying session. A few lady acquaintances of mine with tiny hands follow that process with any new extra-small playing gloves they buy.

Then for future washings of the gloves, they just sink-wash in a half-full vanity sink of lukewarm water with a small capful of Woolite mixed in.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I'm surprised... All these posts and nobody has mentioned small hands make the cue look bigger.

Credit to the mature, helpful members here at Azb.

:)

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprised... All these posts and nobody has mentioned small hands make the cue look bigger.

Credit to the mature, helpful members here at Azb.

:)

Since you brought it up, she has said that/something like that, to me :grin:

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the verdict is in, the Kamui x-small fit her perfectly and she is stoked.

It was a little tricky to find one though, only PoolDawg and the Kamui website seemed to have them.

Another thing to note is that the x-small size Kamui is only available in pink and is a limited edition run (profits go to breast cancer research) that will no longer be available after the supply is exhausted. The other colors of Kamui gloves are not made in x-small for some reason.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the verdict is in, the Kamui x-small fit her perfectly and she is stoked.

It was a little tricky to find one though, only PoolDawg and the Kamui website seemed to have them.

Another thing to note is that the x-small size Kamui is only available in pink and is a limited edition run (profits go to breast cancer research) that will no longer be available after the supply is exhausted. The other colors of Kamui gloves are not made in x-small for some reason.

Let me know if you ever want other colors. Kamui made one for my son and recently mentioned they are for sale. If you decide on another color, I can check on it for you.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.
I'd recommend a Finger Wrap, sold on Seyberts. One size fits all, and they fit very snug when new - regardless of the size hands/fingers the user has. They gradually stretch out a little bit over usage, but if she only uses them herself and doesn't allow anyone with bigger/thicker fingers to use hers, it should easily last a 3-4 months even for someone who plays virtually every day. I switched from gloves to Finger Wraps a few years ago, and I love them.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, we play pool with Doug, the guy that invented and manufacturers the UnGlove so she's already tried one of those and she didn't like the feel of it.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if you ever want other colors. Kamui made one for my son and recently mentioned they are for sale. If you decide on another color, I can check on it for you.

Thanks for the offer.

So they don't list x-small on their website but will make them on request? Seems to be more women getting into the sport, at least on the local level and they would probably sell more gloves if they just offered that size...

Since they are the same price on their website as PoolDawg they could just make them when an order is placed.

Boys would probably be more inclined to buy them if they weren't pink :rolleyes:

Since she is happy with the pink one I suggested that she buy a second one and throw it in the drawer for when the first one wears out.