AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page diamond pro-am or GC V

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
diamond pro-am or GC V
Old
  (#1)
taprackgo
AzB Bronze Member
taprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

diamond pro-am or GC V - 05-17-2019, 08:35 PM

Hi all,

Iíve recently decided to purchase a 9í Table and was initially thinking I would just buy a used GC 3 and save some cash. Reading threads here however, Iíve persuaded myself to go ahead and fork some more cash out for either a GC V or Diamond pro.

Quality wise and durability - are they similar? Will the diamond play better? (also I have to go the 3 piece slate route). The table will also be relocating in 4-5 years when we move again, although Iím not sure that the information is relevant to the discussion.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Old
  (#2)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taprackgo View Post
Hi all,

I’ve recently decided to purchase a 9’ Table and was initially thinking I would just buy a used GC 3 and save some cash. Reading threads here however, I’ve persuaded myself to go ahead and fork some more cash out for either a GC V or Diamond pro.

Quality wise and durability - are they similar? Will the diamond play better? (also I have to go the 3 piece slate route). The table will also be relocating in 4-5 years when we move again, although I’m not sure that the information is relevant to the discussion.

I own a black GC4 and like the table. I mostly play on Blue Label Diamond tables. The GC4 plays very close to the Blue. If you want to save a bunch of money you can’t beat the 4. If you want a new table definitely get the Diamond. I like the Pro better than the ProAm

Last edited by jtompilot; 05-18-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Old
  (#3)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-18-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I own a black GC4 and like the table. I mostly play on Blue Label Diamond tables. The GC4 plays very close to the Blue. If you want to save a bunch of money you can’t beat the 4. If you want a new table definitely get the Diamond. I like the Pro better than the ProAm
The Pro won't hold the resale value that the ProAm will, and neither will the GC. I'd rather take a 15% loss in value in 10 years, vs a 50% loss in value the minute I buy a GC and it arrives at my house.

Old
  (#4)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Iíve recently decided to purchase a 9í Table and was initially thinking I would just buy a used GC 3 and save some cash. Reading threads here however, Iíve persuaded myself to go ahead and fork some more cash out for either a GC V or Diamond pro.

Quality wise and durability - are they similar? Will the diamond play better? (also I have to go the 3 piece slate route). The table will also be relocating in 4-5 years when we move again, although Iím not sure that the information is relevant to the discussion.

And if buying any GC used, for the most part, you're buying the name....and then the work that has been done on that table over the years it's been used, that can be like playing Russian roulette with only 1 bullet removed!!!!

Old
  (#5)
taprackgo
AzB Bronze Member
taprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond reputetaprackgo has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2019, 09:40 AM

Thanks guys for the comments and advice. With those things in mind, I think I will go with the diamond pro am. Does anyone know of a local dealer in northern VA? The only place Iíve been able to find is manning cues, and the prices seem pretty good.

Old
  (#6)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys for the comments and advice. With those things in mind, I think I will go with the diamond pro am. Does anyone know of a local dealer in northern VA? The only place Iíve been able to find is manning cues, and the prices seem pretty good.
I can help you!

Old
  (#7)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-18-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Contact Aaron @ Diamond directly, they're close enough to you, 812-288-7665

Old
  (#8)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
The Pro won't hold the resale value that the ProAm will, and neither will the GC. I'd rather take a 15% loss in value in 10 years, vs a 50% loss in value the minute I buy a GC and it arrives at my house.
Why does ProAm hold value better than Pro? You referring to commercial use? The ProAm plays good but it looks like a fancy bar-box.

Old
  (#9)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-18-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Why does ProAm hold value better than Pro? You referring to commercial use? The ProAm plays good but it looks like a fancy bar-box.
Because it's the choice table tournaments and that's the table most home owners want, to play on the same table they play on in tournaments.

Old
  (#10)
taprackgo
AzB Bronze Member

05-18-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Contact Aaron @ Diamond directly, they're close enough to you, 812-288-7665

Thanks, I've left a voicemail forAaron.

Old
  (#11)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

05-20-2019, 09:58 AM

I am very happy with my Gold Crown 4 and it will be my lifetime table.

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#12)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lindstrom View Post
I am very happy with my Gold Crown 4 and it will be my lifetime table.

Thanks

Kevin
GC 4's are sweet tables. Do the RKC frame mod and the ends will never droop. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=132657

Old
  (#13)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Iím finally moving and Iím going to sell my black GC4 and matching light. Iím in the Pontiac Michigan area if your interested in a GC4.

Old
  (#14)
taprackgo
AzB Bronze Member

05-27-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Iím finally moving and Iím going to sell my black GC4 and matching light. Iím in the Pontiac Michigan area if your interested in a GC4.
Ended up going with a new diamond. Thanks for the offer, though

Old
  (#15)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member

05-27-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Ended up going with a new diamond. Thanks for the offer, though
Thatís great. Give us a few pics of your table and room.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: