Cuetec CF shafts
Old
  (#1)
Tom1234
AzB Silver Member
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Cuetec CF shafts - 05-25-2019, 02:12 PM

A question for those who own a Cuetec CF shaft. How would you describe the sound made when the cue contacts the cue ball? With a soft or super soft tip, would the sound be a muted, dull thud? Do medium and hard tips make a sound like breaking glass, tink or ping sound? I like a soft hitting cue and currently use a Triangle tip on a Lucasi custom. There is no sound made when the tip contacts the cue ball. Would it be possible to duplicate this with the Cuetec CF shaft? If not, Iíll just stay with my Lucasi. Thanks for any help you guys can share.

Old
  (#2)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 04:56 PM

I don't know about keeping it basically silent but I left the sniper tip on when I ordered it and that seemed pretty soft to me and sounded just like any wood shaft.

I have a black medium on it now and it leans a little towards the"tink" sound but not to a bad degree

Old
  (#3)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2019, 08:16 PM

Had the revo, also have the becue and cuetec. All equipped with Kamui clear black medium. Hits great, the cuetec does not have the tink noise and is very close to a maple feel/hit, & sound.

Old
  (#4)
Tom1234
AzB Silver Member
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 05:09 AM

Thanks guys. Your info really helps with my decision.

Old
  (#5)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

05-26-2019, 03:46 PM

I have used the R12.9's for about a year now Ö. hit with the demo C12.5 and liked it better than my Revo's.

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#6)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
I have used the R12.9's for about a year now Ö. hit with the demo C12.5 and liked it better than my Revo's.
Hey Mr Hustler,

Got a question for you. What do you like more about the C 12.5 over the R 12.9?

Is it a mental thing to "you" such as the way "you" think it sounds, feels, visual (no ferrule)...etc. or is it a performance variant that can be measured such as energy transfer or deflection?

Thanks,

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#7)
Bob J
AzB Silver Member
Bob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2019, 06:12 PM

There really isn't much in the way of sound. The shaft is very smooth and the tip is softer than I'm used to. No "tink" sound to speak of. I'm loving it enough that I bought a second one!

Bob Johnson,
Denver, CO

Old
  (#8)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

05-28-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Hey Mr Hustler,

Got a question for you. What do you like more about the C 12.5 over the R 12.9?

Is it a mental thing to "you" such as the way "you" think it sounds, feels, visual (no ferrule)...etc. or is it a performance variant that can be measured such as energy transfer or deflection?

Thanks,

Jeff
Morning Jeff,

I had used a R12.9 for about a year and a half when I had the chance to hit with the prototype C12.5 I played with it for about 4-5 hours and really had a chance to get used to it. I noticed that I really liked the white "ferrule" for aiming / sighting, the longer thinner taper and it also had (to me anyways) a slightly less ping sound to it. The deflection was also less than my Revos. Took a little getting used to, but I'm getting there!

Have a great day!

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#9)
CGM
One Ball Runner
CGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond reputeCGM has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2019, 07:07 AM

I've been using mine for about a week now and I am madly in love. This is my first ld shaft and I can't believe how easy it was to adjust and how much less I have to compensate when using english. I absolutely love the feedback of this shaft and my speed control has jumped up a complete notch from where it was. The Cynergy is a homerun in my book.

I do a hell of a job working around the holes.
Trust me aimings not your problem

Old
  (#10)
dkjshark
AzB Silver Member
dkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond reputedkjshark has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2019, 07:50 AM

I have had mine for a month now, I tried the sniper tip that came on it and did not like it, I changed to the kamui clear black medium tip and it hits and plays great, no more sound than my maple shaft has, no ting or tic .

Old
  (#11)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
The deflection was also less than my Revos. Took a little getting used to, but I'm getting there!
Either they have made something different with that prototype Cynergy shaft or you had the different Revo 12.9. From my experience Revo 12.9 I've tested was definitely lower deflection comparing to the Cynergy I have possibility to try now. It does not mean one of these shafts is great while the other is not. Cynergy is a very good one. The major question is which one suits your preferences better.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 05-28-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: