Reload this Page How would you Get out?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How would you Get out?
Old
  (#1)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How would you Get out? - 09-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Lost hill-hill to an SL-7 the other night. I am solids. Dude had one of his only misses of the entire match and left me here. Thought I had an easy run-out for the epic upset. Didn't happen.

My initial plan was to cheat the pocket just a bit, hit top-left on the 4. But upon closer inspection, any follow more than likely hits the 9 on the rail. Ended up opting to cheat the pocket with draw in hopes of bringing the cue ball out to the middle. I was pretty extended out, and I suck at getting good draw when I am over extended. Cue ends up in line with the five below the side pocket, leaving me a long, thin cut on the 6, which I proceeded to overcut. Dude runs out for the win.

Was it a solid plan with poor execution, or should I have been thinking something totally different. Thanks in advance for the tips!

Old
  (#2)
Kobachi
Scarred but Smarter
Kobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-11-2019, 12:09 PM

I donít see a 5 ball.

Primary: Alex Brick

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious" Michael Scott - Dundler Mifflin Paper Company

"Sure-Lock"

Old
  (#3)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
Lost hill-hill to an SL-7 the other night. I am solids. Dude had one of his only misses of the entire match and left me here. Thought I had an easy run-out for the epic upset. Didn't happen.

My initial plan was to cheat the pocket just a bit, hit top-left on the 4. But upon closer inspection, any follow more than likely hits the 9 on the rail. Ended up opting to cheat the pocket with draw in hopes of bringing the cue ball out to the middle. I was pretty extended out, and I suck at getting good draw when I am over extended. Cue ends up in line with the five below the side pocket, leaving me a long, thin cut on the 6, which I proceeded to overcut. Dude runs out for the win.

Was it a solid plan with poor execution, or should I have been thinking something totally different. Thanks in advance for the tips!
There is no 5 ball in the diagram. Anyway, it was the correct way to play it with poor execution. Depending on how much angle/room you had to cheat the pocket, you could even draw all the way down to the rail by the 7 and back out just to ensure you end up in a nice place.

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#4)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobachi View Post
I don’t see a 5 ball.
Neither do I. Aside from that, cue ball rail first for the 4 would have likely gotten you shape on the 6.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Last edited by ghost ball; 09-11-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Old
  (#5)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobachi View Post
I donít see a 5 ball.
My bad. Meant 6, not 5.

Old
  (#6)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-11-2019, 12:38 PM

Besides the option you tried, you could also draw straight back if there was absolutely no angle, crash into one of the balls near the side, and take a chance that the carom would send you in a direction where you could make the 6 or 7. Of course, this requires a super strong draw stroke, which is very difficult as you mentioned, due to the reach required for this shot.

Another option is playing safe. Bunt the 4 into the long rail very slightly, with the speed it ends up in front of the corner pocket, blocking the 9. And play the CB on the end rail somewhere between the 1st and second diamond. Now, the 9 ball doesn't go in either corner pocket (the 8 blocks the other corner), and then you can play cat and mouse from that position. The biggest pro to this option IMO is the execution is very likely to be perfect, even stretched over the table.

IMO, from a banger

Old
  (#7)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 12:39 PM

I may have played the 4 ball off the rail with draw...if I made it I likely would have come out closer to the center of the table.

Old
  (#8)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 01:02 PM

If you’re definitely hitting the 9 going forward I’m loading it with right and spinning off the 9 and towards the center of the table.

That or drawing into one of those balls down the side.

Hard to tell without being at the table.

I remember watching Shane practicing a much longer version of the rail-fist shot: low-inside, hooking to the opposite long rail and spinning out.

It’s a nice shot to have and doesn’t take long to get a feel for.

Old
  (#9)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Rail first should not even be a consideration here. If there's enough angle to follow into the 9, there's enough angle to draw back towards the 7. And if it's a valley, which most APA leagues play on to my knowledge, you could pretty much get the cue ball to any spot on the table with this shot.

Old
  (#10)
SBC
Banned
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 01:16 PM

If there any angle on the 4 stun it with inside draw to get on the 1, the 5 in side and 2 balls at bottom corner.

If no angle on 4, meme 4 and drawn back for 6 then 7. Then 5, 1 and out.

On a barbox this out isn't hard. Identify the 5 and 1 as the tricky position shots and plan the out.

Old
  (#11)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member

09-11-2019, 01:18 PM

there is no 5 or 1 thats the 13 and 9. He only has the 6 and 7 on the table

Old
  (#12)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
Rail first should not even be a consideration here.
If you've practiced them this one's a gimme with natural medium speed shape. Way easier and more reliable than other options - if you've practiced them.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#13)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member

09-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
If you've practiced them this one's a gimme with natural medium speed shape. Way easier and more reliable than other options - if you've practiced them.

pj
chgo
Respectfully disagree. The draw shot will always be a higher percentage make than rail first. And if you come short off the 2nd rail and get thin on the 6, you're going into the 7 and something could get funny. Drawing all the way down and out is the best shot by a long ways here, and anyone who thinks a rail first will give them a better outcome just needs to practice their draw stroke IMO.

Old
  (#14)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Respectfully disagree. The draw shot will always be a higher percentage make than rail first. And if you come short off the 2nd rail and get thin on the 6, you're going into the 7 and something could get funny. Drawing all the way down and out is the best shot by a long ways here, and anyone who thinks a rail first will give them a better outcome just needs to practice their draw stroke IMO.
I agree. If the ball was close to the pocket, maybe rail first. But, assuming this was a bar box, that is not a difficult reach at all. Just have to get comfortable and ensure you hit it good. Being only 2 diamonds away, that's not a hard draw for just about anyone that has played pool a little.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#15)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I agree. If the ball was close to the pocket, maybe rail first. But, assuming this was a bar box, that is not a difficult reach at all. Just have to get comfortable and ensure you hit it good. Being only 2 diamonds away, that's not a hard draw for just about anyone that has played pool a little.
I agree the draw shot isn't that difficult, but for me neither is the rail first shot in this layout - and it's a little easier to hit well with less speed and a little more predictable CB path.

Maybe it's personal preference.

pj
chgo

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: