AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Diamond professional table

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-05-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chart22 View Post
I would wait for Trentís answer but I think they are flush. I would go with the gc6 too but thatís 4 grand more.
Iíve seen them protruding slightly... not sure if thatís from installation or out of the box fit. Four thou is slot of money. The Diamond is a bulldozer. It is a tank. Nothing not to like ..... but some people think the pockets are too tight. Give that thought before getting one. I like them a lot and Iím an average shooter. Iíd like to know the delivery schedule on a new Diamond. Another thing to consider.... Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#32)
chart22
AzB Silver Member
chart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
Iíve seen them protruding slightly... not sure if thatís from installation or out of the box fit. Four thou is slot of money. The Diamond is a bulldozer. It is a tank. Nothing not to like ..... but some people think the pockets are too tight. Give that thought before getting one. I like them a lot and Iím an average shooter. Iíd like to know the delivery schedule on a new Diamond. Another thing to consider.... Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.
Iím a little worried about the diamond not having solid wood. It is very humid here were I live. My gc is solid wood and is not sagging after 50 years. I have thought about the tournament tables. I would think they would be sold directly through diamond. It was funny when I contacted diamond. They werenít rude but they were insistent on contacting a dealer.

Old
  (#33)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Iím a little worried about the diamond not having solid wood. It is very humid here were I live. My gc is solid wood and is not sagging after 50 years. I have thought about the tournament tables. I would think they would be sold directly through diamond. It was funny when I contacted diamond. They werenít rude but they were insistent on contacting a dealer.
Our community clubhouse bought 4 ProAms from
a local dealer. I donít think we saved that much. Trent comes across excellent condition GCís. Stay in touch with him.

Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.

Old
  (#34)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.
Not so much all true. They do not sell them like they used to. They cannot even keep up with production as is, what makes sense about selling them all at the discounted prices they used to. They have "fleets" of Tourney tables and they maintain them so well that you would not be able to look at them an say they are used.

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end. Diamond does sell them from the factory. IMO I would go with new, T. used are only $400 less than new and you get used cloth. Delivery schedule on a new Diamond is 10-12 weeks, kind of matters where you live. Here is the price sheet:

As for the GC 6 castings they are almost completely flush.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#35)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

10-06-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Not so much all true. They do not sell them like they used to. They cannot even keep up with production as is, what makes sense about selling them all at the discounted prices they used to. They have "fleets" of Tourney tables and they maintain them so well that you would not be able to look at them an say they are used.

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end. Diamond does sell them from the factory. IMO I would go with new, T. used are only $400 less than new and you get used cloth. Delivery schedule on a new Diamond is 10-12 weeks, kind of matters where you live. Here is the price sheet:

As for the GC 6 castings they are almost completely flush.

Trent from Toledo
Myth busters would have a field day with you😂

Old
  (#36)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

10-06-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Please explain

Old
  (#37)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

10-06-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Please explain
I think he's saying Trent busted the myth tournament used tables are sold at a deep discount.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#38)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

10-06-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end
Who's buying all of them at dealer cost up front? And trust me when I say, you can tell the difference between a tournament used table from a new one, hell, even Stevie Wonder could see the difference.

Old
  (#39)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
You referring to the frame? That laminated frame is STRONG and durable. I live in Ok. where its humid to say the least. They use laminated trusses to build houses and they last FOREVER. The laminated planks under the slate are marine-grade plywood. Same deal, will last forever.

Old
  (#40)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

10-06-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Who's buying all of them at dealer cost up front? And trust me when I say, you can tell the difference between a tournament used table from a new one, hell, even Stevie Wonder could see the difference.
Our community bought 4 Tourney tables from a local player/supplier. I think we paid more or close to a new one. They look played on as the white trail lines from breaking are present. I think the only advantage was not having to wait for new tables to be constructed. We got these fast. Personally we overpaid.

Old
  (#41)
chart22
AzB Silver Member
chart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond reputechart22 has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
You referring to the frame? That laminated frame is STRONG and durable. I live in Ok. where its humid to say the least. They use laminated trusses to build houses and they last FOREVER. The laminated planks under the slate are marine-grade plywood. Same deal, will last forever.
For my lack of knowledge, I will take your word for it. I always thought that plywood/fiberboard and moisture donít mix. I guess even solid wood and moisture donít mix well either. If I lived in Arizona or Las Vegas, I wouldnít be concerned but I live on the gulf coast.

Old
  (#42)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

10-06-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
For my lack of knowledge, I will take your word for it. I always thought that plywood/fiberboard and moisture donít mix. I guess even solid wood and moisture donít mix well either. If I lived in Arizona or Las Vegas, I wouldnít be concerned but I live on the gulf coast.
Plywood. We had cabinets replaced in a master bathroom. Wood is all plywood. I guess it depends on the grade. Weíre in Florida where heat is a killer

Old
  (#43)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
No I think RKC is sayin is I am creating a myth...

If you wanna buy a bunch of them, they will sell them cheaper I am sure.
When I got the flyer that is what I was told from Diamond.
Not here to argue with you RKC. I am sure you can make any deal you want happen, not everyone is at your level. I am not that high on the food chain with them like you are. I always tell people when they ask what Diamond instructed me to say. Whether it is a fact or it is bendable, that is purely up to Diamond.

I am just the "little guy" company trying to keep my family taken care of

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#44)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

10-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I am just the "little guy"

Trent from Toledo
Good afternoon. How ya doin shorty?

Old
  (#45)
chart22
AzB Silver Member

10-06-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Plywood. We had cabinets replaced in a master bathroom. Wood is all plywood. I guess it depends on the grade. Weíre in Florida where heat is a killer
I just donít have the knowledge about plywood to debate either way. The weather here is probably close to where you live, Hot and humid. Iím looking forward to some cooler weather.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: